australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

yeah they should work with cons, got any boots in mind for future purchase T? I hope the Julius boots will be my last boot purchase for a while, need to save cash for other stuff.

not so sure about those raf pants, even without all the straps they are a bit too urban commando haha. I try to steer clear of cargo pants altogether, although I was tempted by the slim cropped Julius pair from the SS09 runway presentation. they ended up being too long anyway, judging from the way they looked on Tyler from blackbird...

good purchase DJI. let me know how it goes.

i find the backzips very comfortable. the zip isnt touching your sock when your footzies are in the boot anyway, there is a leather lip between the zip and your socks.

so did you get the high model or the lower one with the backzips? ive got the lower and love em.

i need to start looking for the more julius stuff from aw 07/08. especially the leather fencing jacket that p nod rocks. HOLY GRAIL STATUS

98641109cr9.jpg

still waiting for a pair of boots I really like, or the money to buy them... was thinking about grabbing monochrome black dr martens, but it takes ages for docs to look good imo.

yeah I really like the raf pants, although if I bought I would probably take the straps of most times, which would make buying them pretty pointless?

im pretty sure ill need it in a size 2. i have an actual chest measurement of 36 to 37 inches, and all my other julius gear is a size 2.

i know that there have been a few size 2s floating around but im not working atm and i should be saving for a new car. I believe the more i hold off on buying it the greater i'll feel when i have it.

Tyro1, speaking of the monocrome docs, do you know anywhere in melb that stocks em? i was looking at the monochrome whites after i saw Bizzy's WAYWT pictures.

thanks wept. I got the low version from this season, hopefully I receive them by the end of this week.

tbh I'm not sure that the pnod Julius leather is all it's hyped up to be. the cut is kinda hard to pull off (it only really looks good worn one way) and the arms are cut really long (like a good 2-3 inches longer than Julius leather jackets with raglan shoulders). the ram leather itself is really nice though, nearly as soft and substantial as the FW06 rider. the FW07 fencing jacket that theaddict sold was a bargain considering it was brand new.

oki-ni's shipping price is very low seeing as they ship via DHL, I received a parcel from them within 3 days of ordering.

yeah, definitely a lot better than buying from the US or Japan. the euro is still doing reasonably crap too so it isn't too bad buying things from europe. those RO tanks are only (lol) $240-$250 AUD from antonioli, shame they don't stock XS.

3 days? thats insane!

All your points on the leather i have thought about. I will no doubt purchase a leather this year (prob a julius) and the one displayed is at the top of the list atm, the second would be the jut neck but i feel it lacks something in its shape. Plus it looks a bit short in length for my taste whenever i see a WAYWT picture of it.

thanks wept. I got the low version from this season, hopefully I receive them by the end of this week.

tbh I'm not sure that the pnod Julius leather is all it's hyped up to be. the cut is kinda hard to pull off (it only really looks good worn one way) and the arms are cut really long (like a good 2-3 inches longer than Julius leather jackets with raglan shoulders). the ram leather itself is really nice though, nearly as soft and substantial as the FW06 rider. the FW07 fencing jacket that theaddict sold was a bargain considering it was brand new.

oki-ni's shipping price is very low seeing as they ship via DHL, I received a parcel from them within 3 days of ordering.

Was at Assin today, boy, the prices are marked up quite a bit. Is Eastern Market more or less that much marked up?

And blimey, I touched down on Friday and the torrid weather literally obliterated me. Is it always like this?

weather normally isnt that bad...that was Melbourne to the exteme.

you'd have to ask DJI about Eastern Market as i have no idea, ive never been

wept most of the Julius leather jackets from after FW06 are a similar length, they are cut to reach about the mid point of your fly. the FW07 fencing/rider jacket is a little longer (maybe 5cm extra max), but the cut is kinda hit and miss as to whether it will look any good. it looks great on p nod, but the waxed denim version didn't look particularly good on me and neither did the leather version on so ang.

Assin's markup isn't bad this season, seeing as they bought before the AUD bombed. interested to see their pricing next season though, good thing there isn't anything I really want :P

EM is cheaper than most other places for CCP and the like, but if you're balla enough to be buying the labels they stock then markup probably doesn't mean much to you haha.

st jeromes laneway fest yesterday was...an experience

was really nice and chill for the first half, but the second half, mainly for headliners AIH and girl talk, it was pretty much chaos.

anyone else go?

dont think ill be laying down the 100bux next year (unless lineup is spectacular). prob could have had as much fun just at the free stages and events