australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

i am looking for a pair of derby 2 or 3 lace hole brown or black suede or leather.

A long the lines of the APC derby of last season. Any ideas of where I can grab something like this? My current pair only have one more re-soling left in them.

any ideas? I really want to be able to try them on before buying

I don't have any pics online atm, however getting a pair made by rocco's is a good choice if you don't mind the wait (6 weeks I think?). that way you can choose the exact design that you want and it's guaranteed to fit as they measure your foot.

mine are holding up very well, I think they look better now after they've had some wear. got a vibram rubber protective sole added at Evan's about a month ago, a bit pricey but he does a damn good job. got my Ann D boots done at the same time because the soles were so damn slippery I nearly broke my neck everytime I had to walk across tiles or marble haha.

the store is full of ready made shoes, if you're lucky you might see something on the shelves that already matches what you're looking for. I basically just chose components of other shoes that I wanted (toebox shape, derby or oxford, number of eyelets, colour, etc.) and they made it.

Yeah Roccos can do boots, but they would have to be modelled on the lasts that roccos has, as they dont make custom lasts.

basically, if you want a rockstar / cowboy type boot, or traditional dress boot, they can definately hook you up, but I was trying to get a combat style boot made, and they couldnt really do it.

also DJI, in regard to our endless basics searching, what are your thoughts on bassike stuff? didnt see tanks, but the tees looked alright, although the necks might be too wide for your taste.

also dropped into claude today, sale still on, guy said they actually had extra sizes of some things out the back, so if anyone is after something, they should call the store

honestly I don't think bassike stuff is worth it for the price, the cotton they use feels fairly course and cheap considering they cost $90+ for a tee. the search continues.....

looking forward to new claude stuff. the dude at the store said they were expecting new season stock to start filtering in mid february, more double layer tees, etc.. they are making a raf style coat with a hood this season (as well as a trench coat and pea coat, eh), hoping it's tailored well as it sounds like it will be a nice piece.

and thank you kevin for the upcoming $950 bonus :D

1k is great, but really, how is this going to stimulate the market?

people are still going to be wary of future prospect of further market failure.

if anything they're more likely to save the money for a more rainy day, as opposed to spending it to stimulate the economy as intended.

no I think the money will be slplurged. it's like birthday or christmas money. its there for spending.

haha, that's basically how I see it. it's not meant for saving :P

that's true wept, chances are my bonus won't be spent locally...

haha, yeah same T. I'll need to be sending some cash to Scott and Conor over at Zekka too by the looks of the F/W 09 rick collection. apparently they are picking up Damir Doma from F/W onwards, seems a bit harsh on btbam to be direct competitors... they are also picking up Guidi and are in negotiations for CCP.

not sure whether those CON boots are on special anywhere wept, they tend to sell through fairly quickly. I'm not a fan of the pebbly leather they used this season, kinda over CON footwear in general tbh. was thinking about getting some other jazz shoes (was looking at repetto's) but I think boots look better as casual shoes, don't really dig the hipsterish image that goes with wearing formalish looking shoes with skinny jeans.

aloysius the government hand out isn't going to change my buying habits, I still try and buy locally if the stores are reasonably price and to support local brands that I like.

that's interesting about guidi, damir and CCP at zekka. would pretty much make them Atelier??? I wonder how that would effect EMs sales. Seems CCP distribution might be branching out more?

Would really like some repettos, hoping to nab some off ebay like james did...

tbh most my big purchases occur in the supermarket or SZ classifieds :o