australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

kinda tempted to put an order in for the fingerless gloves now, liked them a lot at lift but would prefer the roo leather rather than the stiff (calf?) leather. not keen on the idea of a 6 month wait though haha. maybe I should ask if they have enough juicy leather to make a 42 fencing too. :o

actually, i was informed that there are 2 type of leathers used for this glove.

kangaroo : CAPIB-PCC and donkey : DOLPIB-PCC

of course donkey will the the stiffest. comes in 5 colours : black, white, grey, black green, red.

you might wanna check lift still have the gloves man, and get them proxied!

yeah need to stop spending money for now, I'm sure there'll eventually be a sissy leather I like more than the fencing and the regular fingerless gloves aren't that amazing.

there's always something amazing D!

PS: ccp colour code 3 ( pale green) is amazing.................................

they had a 46 in the black and red in whatever the stiff leather is (donkey?) when I was there, I liked them but they're perhaps too basic for the price and didn't love the leather they were made out of enough to cop. I'll wait and see what's available next season gloves wise, can't wait to see what leather jackets he produces next as the high collar gloved leather was quite a departure from his simpler designs. now if only Stephen and So-Ang can convince them to make a mens 42 haha.

i did talked brieftly about the CCP sizing yesterday with Stephen.

According to him, Men goes way up to size 56 (which often not accepted) , smallest is 44.. Womens goes up to 46, smallest is 36. Apparently ccp seems to be impartial about specific audience/built of gender wise to wear his stuff, so usually 42 guys always end up wearing the footwears and accessories and pants only... and tops/outerwear are suggested from the fe-male lines.

So guys/gals between 44 and 46 (ME!) are actually really really lucky to be able to wear both lines.

actually, i was informed that there are 2 type of leathers used for this glove.

kangaroo : CAPIB-PCC and donkey : DOLPIB-PCC

of course donkey will the the stiffest. comes in 5 colours : black, white, grey, black green, red.

you might wanna check lift still have the gloves man, and get them proxied!

Oh man great info thanks rob :P

I think ill wait till the next collection i will then do an order.. .

I have a few pairs of gloves ill probably sell pretty soon anyhow

Augusta Update, they are being shipped as soon as this volcanic ass cloud subsides.

I have only done a tiny order if anyone is interested get at me asap as i have had quite a few enquiries already.

i did talked brieftly about the CCP sizing yesterday with Stephen.

According to him, Men goes way up to size 56 (which often not accepted) , smallest is 44.. Womens goes up to 46, smallest is 36. Apparently ccp seems to be impartial about specific audience/built of gender wise to wear his stuff, so usually 42 guys always end up wearing the footwears and accessories and pants only... and tops/outerwear are suggested from the fe-male lines.

So guys/gals between 44 and 46 (ME!) are actually really really lucky to be able to wear both lines.

I guess my wallet is really really lucky then haha. chances are the womens leather jackets would be either asymmetrical with the zip noticeably the wrong way or possibly a cropped cut. no ccp pantsu, belts, etc. for me...

random Q, does guidi appeal you? i see some synergy there!

hellz yes Fen. but ive never bitten the bullet and bought guidi shoes. they are on my 'to cop' list behind some julius side zip engineers. however, im liking the guidis a lot lately.

Seriously cant wait to see what is coming next from poell.

Also want to get my hands on the new Obscur x NVREND Exclusive piece.

And want to handle the Augusta ( Put some information on the three styles we bought on our SZ Thread )

Whats everyone hanging out for?

CCP'10 suit (none black)

CCP'10 coat (black)

CCP'10 shirts (none black)

CCP'10 knits

CCP'10 derbs (none black)

CCP'10 boots (black)

CCP'10 sneaks (none black)

CCP'10 rings

CCP'10 bags (black)

CCP'10 necklace

LUC'10 scarves

MA+'10 bags

and some more accesories ;)

maybe leather jkt : \

only have the $$$$$ of course

Whats frightening is that you would probably end up ticking all those boxes Rob :P

After looking at the FOOD thread at SZ, any good places for Paella in Melb? Tried it at Ca De Vin in GPO, it was huge, listed as serving for 2 people but could feed 3, and I'm a big eater. Wasn't very good though.

CCP x 10 sounds about right for you Rob haha. ;)

for me thus far there's:

- _7 goat leather multi zip boston bag

- _7 cotton/cashmere l/s tees x 4

- _7 cotton kersey bending trousers

might pick up some pieces from DBSS but still waiting to see the collection, possibly another Julius MA suit as well if it's made from a nice fabric. CCP 2010 I'm hoping for a leather jacket and some gloves but who knows...

Whats everyone hanging out for?

not that they are new but i think ill add the Julius side zip high engineer boots to my want list. i wore out my backzip engineers today and had regrets that i didnt bid high enough on the sidezip ones last week. If anyone finds them online for under 40,000 YEN let me know.

at the top of the list

- coat.. won't tell just yet but ill let you know when i've purchased ;)

- luc scarf collar jacket, new colourway version, fingers crossed bt can take the order.. i've been kicking myself i missed it from pollyanna

- the adeline j-pants... the dollar is so good right now less than 450AU for a pair that i can see myself living in is perfect.. there seems to be good feedback and they look amazing so ill post some pics when they come.. no basics im truly happy with or can find in my size so i thought id order a couple tees as well

more on the list but these are top 3

Dark proxied some RO boots for me a while back and couldn't recommend him more. icon14.gif

looking forward to seeing the new purchases J, need to hold off on any purchases for a while due to some recent hefty buys and possible imminent travel opportunities that I should ensure I have spare cash for...

some of the newest SS rick stuff on the gallery.me site is pretty tempting. The runway show didn't appeal to me at all, but as is the way often, the individual pieces look great. The Antoinette trench and waxed poplin coat look good, and would be good for our weather. The giove lamb intarsia looks amazing too, I'm going to sell my high-collar for the intarsia.

travel would be company related but would like the ability to cop jawns there (wherever there might be, there are a few possibilities atm) if the opportunity should arise.

nice list Dave, wouldn't mind some LUC tees either but wish they were cut longer and slimmer. not sure if my derbies have left germany yet, fingers crossed they arrive soon...

that trench looks really ill fitting Adam, tailoring on that waxed coat is still kinda whack too. then again I'm biased towards RO, just don't like any of it much at all...