australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Hey chin, how'd you go with making basic tshirts with the fabric you bought a while ago. I'm going to head to rathdowne on the weekend and have a go.

been rather busy on making EM's order in the past month so I hadn't really have time to do much sewing lately, plus I only have access to overlocker at my workplace at the moment. I almost finished one style with the wool ribbed knit that I purchased from rathdowne couple months ago and I wish to develop two more styles with other fabrics i got (modal and fine cotton jersey). Design is very simple and basic as I mostly focus on getting the right fit since I'm making the pattern myself, try and error:o

good luck with fabric hunting tyro, let me know if there is any good stuff ;)

it's strangely fascinating how fit pics are requested and presented amongst a circle of people who own the exact same piece of clothing

My point obv.

Like I've said, I'm not knocking the hustle/love and contrary to the STFU comments, I quite like how this thread has come this far and is now the default Aus small talk/shopping concept, given the close knit community.

EDIT: I've stated my point and just because I disagree with the general consensus here doesn't mean I'm a hater yo.

Keep doing your thing

The sleeves on the original in jcot's post also look significantly slimmer and longer too - might have mine taken in a touch.

50, will definitely tuck sometimes, but I don't think my fellow engineers could handle that! They have a hard enough time accepting my mostly black atire.

Definitely need to cop some more CCP though - love this look. I'd get the all black version obviously.

11cachsf.jpg

50, will definitely tuck sometimes, but I don't think my fellow engineers could handle that! They have a hard enough time accepting my mostly black atire.

Definitely need to cop some more CCP though - love this look. I'd get the all black version obviously.

11cachsf.jpg

yeah, i love khiev's fit, but i must say it's not boring because it's not all black. might pass jut and go for some ccp suits as well.

^true, i do agree in a certain extent that ccp suits is not really an ideal formal wear either. it's just they look sharp in parties or small functions.

and back to leather, i haven't been wearing my black rider for a very long time tbh, wore it out less than 5 times since purchase, but i still loving it. maybe it might be a little too gangsta for my everyday wear. that's why i have been thinking maybe i should pass jut.

I think that may be due to the perfecto style fen, too greaser/biker gang hence why I wouldn't buy it in black. the jut is a more versatile everyday jacket, wore mine quite often and have been regretting selling it ever since. not long before the new one...

I want a "casual" suit too, although I think I'd look elsewhere rather than ccp...

tbh the only part of the design of my old jut I really didn't like was the two top zips, if it were just 2 long zips a la margiela I would have kept it and bought the new one as well. shame the leather on the gordini collab last year was so mediocre...

I want one of next seasons MA silk wool twill 1B suit with twist leg seam detail, subtle but beautiful. :cool:

So, I wore the Obscur all last night - for a good 5 hours and there is already a noticeable difference in the leather. The creasing has smoothed out and it is beautifully soft in some places.

I do have the same shoulder issue that was high-lighted by beardown on SZ though. What are your thoughts - will that become less noticeable over time?

So, I wore the Obscur all last night - for a good 5 hours and there is already a noticeable difference in the leather. The creasing has smoothed out and it is beautifully soft in some places.

I do have the same shoulder issue that was high-lighted by beardown on SZ though. What are your thoughts - will that become less noticeable over time?

mine still peaks on one shoulder, the other shoulder is fine and ive been wearing mine for a while now. it was quite extreme when i first put it on and it has improved but i dont see it changing much more.

that's coz you got broad shoulders du, mine is too broad across the shoulders and the construction of the shoulder seams exacerbates this. nothing that my tailor can't fix though hopefully, ivan perhaps you could consider sizing down as yours does look somewhat loose?