australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

pand if you do some searching on torrent sites you can can find most commonly used textbooks. a couple of years back one of the other guys doing my course was able to find a lecturer's edition of the textbook one of our subjects was 100% based from, the assignments and exams were a copy and paste of the textbook questions which made it easy haha. my new phone runs windows mobile anyway so I can use that for pdf viewing.

fuck gaming on PC, I much rather kick back on the sofa and play on a console (split screen co-op ftw). most games are multiplatform these days anyway (with shitty optimisation on the PC ports), too few PC exclusive titles to justify spending heaps of cash to keep a PC up to date instead of just getting a PS3 or Xbox 360.

have any of you guys checked out the summer tees at AA? a few people on SZ mentioned them as a cheap alternative to RO tees, thought it might be worth picking up a couple to tide me over until I can get some more CON and julius tees.

I was interested in the burn out tees too but they look to be really oversized so chances are they would look like shit on me. the RO tees are a rip off but my main problem with them is the neckline. every one that I have tried is really wide, looks too heroine chic on me.

the cotton cashmere julius tees from last season are a nice alternative, still fairly pricey at ~16K yen and difficult to find in larger sizes. they are a lot more durable than RO and CON tees though while still been really soft.

fuck gaming on PC, I much rather kick back on the sofa and play on a console (split screen co-op ftw). most games are multiplatform these days anyway (with shitty optimisation on the PC ports), too few PC exclusive titles to justify spending heaps of cash to keep a PC up to date instead of just getting a PS3 or Xbox 360.

enjoy your counter-intuitive FPS.

enjoy your counter-intuitive FPS.

eh, it works fine once you get used to it. I guess it would be a bit of a step back if you're a hardcore CS player or something though.

I checked out AA today, came back empty handed icon13.gif. the summer tees aren't sheer at all, the material is only slightly lighter than their standard tees. they had the big tees in store, similar sort of cotton material to the summer tees. the burn out tees felt quite nice but only came in one size. I could have worn it twisted around like a mother fucker but not worth spending $60 on. the viscose sexuali-tees weren't nearly as soft as the CON rotten apple tees and the plunging neckline is a bit much.

the search for cheap RO style tees goes on...

not worth spending $60 on.

That's really what it comes down to, its just not worth buying AA at retail, and only basics are availible on wholesale. $60 is a beer away from a rotten apple tee from Btbam.

You'd think amongst all these people doing "custom" tshirts (i.e. prints on blanks) someone would be offering custom cuts and fabric choices (nice modal, bamboo, viscose and jerseys). Garment design software could make pumping out custom patterns pretty easy, the fabric suppliers aren't hard to find on alibaba, just need a local tailor willing to work on low volumes, and we're rolling. Add a web interface to take custom orders (fit, hems, details, fabrics), it'd be golden.

Just a heads up, 'that store' is having a pretty massive sale. Think superfine jeans for $110 down from $400 and the same with acne. Was just at the store in docklands and they had a whole lot of small sizes but apparently chapel st has more

there should definitely be more labels making bamboo/cotton jersey tees. the material is really soft and light, but also durable and cheap to produce (made in china haha).

I had a look at "that store" on chapel today, didn't really see anything interesting on sale. for the record the grey black cheap monday jeans fit kinda meh, need to keep looking for inexpensive dark grey jeans....

for anyone that's interested:

32.jpg

too bad... they are doing something with rjb now...

dude what are you talking about?

arcanum diors are $450+ at Assin, price varies depending on the wash.

gotta get this thread onto a new page, web filter at work finds something offensive about this one and won't let me load it :P

no worries man icon14.gif. what wash/cut were you looking at getting anyway?

have you had much interest in your used jeans tyro? I was thinking about trying to sell a pair of broken in skull 5010xx 6x6 indigo jeans that I don't wear anymore, not sure if it's worth bothering though.

haha, yeah some sort of manual labour (painting, moving furniture, etc.) where I don't want to fuck up good clothes is the only time I can think of where I would wear the jeans. I still have a pair of crappy nudies to wear for that anyway :P

Guest jhaime9

I've never been to Melbourne...I've never been to australia actually, but Sydney, Brisbane & Perth just simply don't interest me...

I've heard so much about Melbourne, being the most livable city in the world, i.e. low crime rates etc etc... this true???

also the weather is the coolest in Australia? which is a good thing, keep in mind im Scottish & used to our brisk British winters!!!

what intrigues me most is the emerging fashion & music scene that Melbourne is harbouring...

what's the feeling out there? anticipation of things about to explode???

what i mean by that is, I know there is Marais, Assin, Belinda & a couple other avant-garde stores in Melbourne...

but is there the scope for a colette/dover street market style store for Melbourne to support...

like a store, that fuses progressive fashion with music & somewhere chic to eat all under one roof kind of thing???

I like the idea of living in Melbourne...am I insane? should i remain in London???

appreciate the thoughts of the Melbournites!!!