australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Yo choice do you live near me? i live on Lygon street just over brunswick road...

Yo J, do you stalk me, I work in Hawthorn on Burwood road!!!

yes.

but you didn't answer my qs..

is the store still by appointment only?

it no longer is but i would recommend phoning ahead to make sure they are there..

edit: as renny said

edit: Hey choice.. when ever you think of Lygon do you think of lyger?

??? what is lyger?

@ tyro - yeah they have reopened after their winter break. although I have to say last time i went there i was seriously undewhelmed - base wasn't that great (much prefer ladro's) and they skimped on the ingredients! but maybe i just went on an off night.

??? what is lyger?

@ tyro - yeah they have reopened after their winter break. although I have to say last time i went there i was seriously undewhelmed - base wasn't that great (much prefer ladro's) and they skimped on the ingredients! but maybe i just went on an off night.

liger.jpg

haven't seen them anywhere here. get them from oki-ni t, the GBP is in the shit too so prices aren't too bad.

where can I get some decent knitwear here in melbourne? I've been looking for a light cardigan but I don't want to drop $700+ on an RO one...

uniqlo crap has really short arm lengths and the fit on the lambswool cardigans isn't particularly flattering. the cotton/cashmere blend knits were decent but the arm length is still way too short.

haha, I think I may have to cop an RO long cardigan :P. still need a cheap cardi to beat in clubs, etc. though...

DJI I dunno if you can dig the CDG-Play stuff, but the cardigan they do is really nice.

Great simple design, well-cut, and really good quality wool. I've had one for nearly 3 years now and it's still going strong. They have them at Chiodo, pretty expensive there from memory though...You could proxy one from japan or HK for ~$325

not into the branding on the CDG play stuff choice, looking for something longer and drapier.

tyro do you mean the crazy buttonless wrap one that chant has been wearing? I'd get it if I thought I had any chance of getting away with it, I think I'd just get one of the regular long button up ones haha. I might have to try somewhere like GP for a cheap cardi, it's been a very long time since I've set foot in there....

damn, only other place I called with a lot of CON stock is restricted premises. if they don't have the viscose tees in the size you're after then I'm out of suggestions :(

^ wow that is cheap, shame it won't fit you :(

no the wrap cardi is too much for me, I meant the one lowery had, which wasnt a cardi, just knit long sleeve...

the wrap cardigan is pretty intense. the striped knit lowery was selling was nice, j you should have picked it up...

yeh i didn't think so.. two sizes to small. monstaa foot. those shits would be like a size 12 i would think..

i know.. gone before i decided to go with the used goods thing.. i don't realy like the idea of buying second hand shit sometimes.. silly i know.

yo yo

do fat have the double front viscoses in yet? and rotten apple viscoses? size small - what colours? might get my sis to do some pickups for me, which store has the widest selection?

japan was rad but fucking expensive. basically couldnt justify dropping coin. near killed me. ate like a king though!

sucks that you couldn't purchases anything, according to the analysts our dollar isn't going anywhere for the foreseeable future...

haha, a wide selection of CON doesn't exist. fat doesn't have either of those tees, you're best bet is the online stores. pitbull has the rotten apple viscose tees in grey and navy in small and the double front tee in black in small, 15% off with the code Fashionisto and free shipping with orders over $200. tgs has the rotten apple viscose tee in black in small and the double front tee in grey and white in small, free shipping with the code superfreebie.

cactus jam has some CON stock now, a few rotten apple cotton tees, print tees, leather shorts, black mono 2s and the suprisingly subtle metallic 2nd chapter shoes. someone let me know if they see the rotten apple viscose tee in black and white in XS, I've tried every stockist in Australia and none of them have any. one of them even checked directly with CON for me and they have none left....

damn, the code worked for me late last week. I still think buying off pitbull is a good deal if you are buying over $200 worth, CON prices seem to vary a bit from store to store and the prices and service at pitbull have always been great.

Rooftop cinema is starting up soon, anyone been before, never got round to it, but definately going to check it out this summer

yo i have been.. one of my usual haunts in the summer in melb. Defs is a great place to hang out. Grab some japanese crepes and some nice beers and chill out on the rooftop on long deck chairs with friends. highly reccomend, just don't go after it has been raining, the aqua turf there is a little unpleasent when wet and you cant sit on the ground.