australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

depends on whether they're just rubber soles (as in soft) or vulcanised rubber.

i suggest seeing if you can sole it with vulcanised rubber to protect the longevity.

i think however the soles on these are meant to be very thin and thus would be pretty hard to do so without affecting the aesthetic.

they aren't vulcanised rubber soles, just very thin rubber like you would find on a slipper. you're right that it is the aesthetic that they are going for (low and slim) but I can't help but be underwhelmed by the quality when they cost ~$200.

haha, honestly man the price to quality ratio on some of the CON stuff is wack....

checked out claude maus today, they now have a charcoal suit ($1140) and some nice italian silk narrow ties ($115). the suit was well made and had sizes down to an EU44, too bad I already ordered a suit from soho workshop :P. I did pick up one of the ties though in a gunmetal grey. no updates on DD yet....

thing fits me perfectly. am VERY happy.

nice, congrats man :cool:

seems assin is starting to carry some of the higher end australian designers that fit with their aesthetic, last season they stoked frisoni finetti here in melbourne.

anyone confirm if the double front tee is in viscose, what colours available (just black and white?) and sizing (same as last season?).

also, kop or not to kop the mono III lows? Need some casual shoes (not sneaks), and I think the IIs look just a tad too formal.. feedback from those who have handled the shoes in person is appreciated..

yeeeeeeeeow.

no double front tees in at fat yet, I can confirm that CON sizing is the same as last seasons (at least on the print tees). I'd hold off on the Mono 3s if I were you, had a look at them again today and the rubber sole is only a couple of mm thick and the leather isn't all that nice.

one of the guys at melbourne assin told me that assin (including the sydney store) will be carrying claude maus in the very near future.

fucking sweet. thx for the info m8!

anyhoo, with any of the con mono shoes.. u really need to get the soles done before u wear them or they dont last long.. at all

wait, so there are no claude maus stockists at all in sydney? :confused:

getting protective soles on the leather soled CON shoes is fair enough but it isn't really practical to replace the entire sole of the rubber soled shoes...

yeah, rocco's handmade shoes. popular with some indie kids I guess, a few rockstars have bought shoes from there but I thought all the indie kids thrifted anyway :P. they do any style of shoe you want and the price is phenomenal for a custom order shoe made from italian leather with a full leather sole.

to be honest, you really dont see that many peoeple wearing CM bomber jackets in melbourne either, I wouldnt be too woried about what's "played out"

true that. its just the people that do own them tend to play it out themselves (ie. daily wear).

plus this season and the season pasts bombers have been a shitter cut than the 07 model..