australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

went to fat GPO this afternoon, they have only received their first shipment so far but they are expecting to receive another shipment tonight. so far they have:

Noir tee in blue and white

Black Noise White Rain tee in black

Bird in Flight tee with drapey front in black

95 Long tee in black and blue

Orb tee in grey and black (in the womens section, way oversized)

the tees fit the same as last season (so an S is pretty big on me) and the SA checked with the head office for me and they have not ordered anything in XS :mad:

You know i checked restricted premesis tday they got loads of stuff BUT mostly only in the large and medium sizes. I did not see one XS in anything there. I tried on the parrallax and monocromatic too in mediums + was surprised how tight they fit on me. For now I only ended up grabbing the denim. Bit dissapointed..

@D the leather on the shoes:

most are made of that pebbled leather, which doesnt look that great, but isnt terrible.

the stab in the dark boots and shoes are made of a thicker and softer leather that seems to have been twisted and fucked up. much cooler.

also the laceless low cut ones? not sure what theyre called, also have a nice texture, and are quite stiff and solid.

edit: ehhh late....

did you get a chance to check out the shoes marck?

When i got there it was still being put out and it was all untagged. Also there was still heaps of old stock there and it was a bit mixed up. There were so many shoes but not the ones i wanted (shoes come in a wicked new box too). I only saw the 5th chapters,and 2nd chapters in black and metal. Did also have a peek at the sunnies, the preloved rectangle bag, some rings and most jewellery that is available on pitbullmansion.

sorry for the late update.. just got home

anyways - update on the shoes

the new mono2 doesnt have that same leather as last season.. it has that grainy texture like the mono1s (the one @ violentgreen at least)

i dont think ANY of the shoes are made out of that leather anymore.. one thing i find weird is.. with mono3.. the leather they used for the white one, the navy one, and the black ones are all diff.

the black one is grainy - exactly like my mono1.. where as the navy/white ones are nearly a mixture? its not as soft as mono2s from last season (so its not floppy) but its not grainy either.. i guess the best way to put it is the outside has that soft texture but made out of stronger leather... blah i dunno if u guys will get what i mean :s

anyhoo. checked out the denims.. wtf none of the stores carry this "black rain" colour which i rly wanted to see irl.. violent green only carries "black oil" (which is hella sexy) and dirtbox has this "grey" colour in neo neo.. but fkkk does anyone know what kind of black is "black rain"? if its just plain old black then i want to cancel my order with pitbull.. anyone?

oh i saw the leather duffle.. very nice. the leather is very very soft. was so tempted.

out of the range of tees.. membrain is def the best imo.

went to Yu-u (quite hard to find) but they kick us out cuz we dont have booking :(

yeah i've still not had a chance to go here either. does the 2 month rule only apply for dinner, or in general (i.e. for lunch too... i can't imagine booking lunch 2 months in advance. god)

way too busy these days with uni, with my 2 upcoming major exams being in the same day. damn RMIT.

edit:

question -- so what area are you guys from? do you guys live in the suburbs, or even anyone in the cbd? just curious, since the city's like 40 mins away by train from where i am

Hey Melvin the black rain colour you can see here on the cubisms:

http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=CHRO-MJ2&c=Chronicles+of+Never&d=b

Looks the same colour as the black denim fom last season. I got the black oil and it looks tonnes better. I mite cancel my mono3 order it looks quite chunky. Did you happen to see in VG what sizes they had in the monocromatic?

wow thanks marck! looks like im gonna cancel that pitbull order then.

did u get the black oil in cubism or neo-ism?

argh nah man i didnt see the sizes on monochromatic ;( i saw some ppl trying them on though.. theres a chance i might go back tomorrow - if i am, ill have a look for you

oh the shoes are much much more comfier now in terms of its soles.. theres more padding goodness.

wow thanks marck! looks like im gonna cancel that pitbull order then.

did u get the black oil in cubism or neo-ism?

argh nah man i didnt see the sizes on monochromatic ;( i saw some ppl trying them on though.. theres a chance i might go back tomorrow - if i am, ill have a look for you

oh the shoes are much much more comfier now in terms of its soles.. theres more padding goodness.

I ended up getting black oil in the neo neo's i could just do up the buttons on the size 30's. Fit perfect, lucky i have such skinny legs. Yea itd be awesome to chek monocromatic sizes if u end up going bak. Cheers dude.

damn, definitely sounds like I'm canceling my order for those mono 2s then. marck do you know if the save the world leather duffle is lined?

ri chi unfortunately I'm in the 'burbs too and need to train my way in each morning, god I hate connex :mad:.

had a look another look at fat today, second shipment must have been really small. they had the mono 3 lows in a few colours, really dislike the new coarse grained black leather on the shoes. also had the inverted shirt (pretty crazy, it's basically two shirts joined at the bottom) in black and the circumference of a circle shirt in grey which was made of a nice crinkly cotton, shame I don't wear casual button down shirts very often :P

had a look another look at fat today, second shipment must have been really small. they had the mono 3 lows in a few colours, really dislike the new coarse grained black leather on the shoes. also had the inverted shirt (pretty crazy, it's basically two shirts joined at the bottom) in black and the circumference of a circle shirt in grey which was made of a nice crinkly cotton, shame I don't wear casual button down shirts very often :P

how much are they selling the mono 3's for?

was gonna go check it out yesterday but too busy ... ..