australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

i thought fat would be best. all of chastone is worse than being dragged up chapel street behind an import car wearing ed hardy, stevie and st lenny. ill have to go into the city store/s soon.

I fixed for you

ha. thanks tyro

i just looked over the ode to the o stuff and the circumference of a circle shirt and the latem blazer are definitely on my to get list. i have a feeling the latem blazer is leather so that wont be cheap.

it doesnt matter who your with. a teams a team. support it!

im glad everyone has different teams. there is nothing worse than everyone going for a major club and nothing else...ie. essendon in the 90's.

yeah the tiges v blues is on thur night.

it doesnt matter who your with. a teams a team. support it!

im glad everyone has different teams. there is nothing worse than everyone going for a major club and nothing else...ie. essendon in the 90's.

yeah the tiges v blues is on thur night.

home, I see what you did there.

wept the VA hoodie looks good. the hood isn't too oversized, the hood on my julius long hoodie is epic:

img12191269308.jpg

mad hobo steeze haha, fell asleep on the train once while I had the hood up because it's so warm.

fat is basically the only place in melbourne for CON, unfortunately the leather save the world bag isn't been produced this season. fat did have the leather bags last season but it was insta-copped. dunno if I'd bother with the leather blazer tbh...

if the blazer wasnt leather id like it more. its the fact that it is leather that would stop me from buying it, as leather isnt cheap. looks like ill have to look for another black bag, or just settle for the non-leather edition.

yeah it's still owned by Lucy Pinto, one of the Pinto sisters who are basically the fashion matriarchs of melbourne. there is an old but interesting article about them on the age. Francelina owns Assin, and Lucinda owns and runs Eastern Market now.

wept the VA hoodie looks good. the hood isn't too oversized, the hood on my julius long hoodie is epic:

img12191269308.jpg

mad hobo steeze haha, fell asleep on the train once while I had the hood up because it's so warm.

fat is basically the only place in melbourne for CON, unfortunately the leather save the world bag isn't been produced this season. fat did have the leather bags last season but it was insta-copped. dunno if I'd bother with the leather blazer tbh...

nearly copped current hoodie, the one with the sheen and semi destroyed cuffs and neck etc.. great fit and size 2 is perfect?? WTF

hey you have a mini beard..

pmed

haha, that's not me J ;). was thinking about getting the current season one myself, but wasn't sure on the fit or if I really liked the waxed finish as it would wash off after a few washes. not that big a fan of the distressed hems or the manifesto stitched on the front either, that and with the current exchange rate it's a ~$600 hoodie...

LAB (Local Art Base) is what I gather to be an independent collective of designers, led mainly by Chris Eli Cheng. The shots came out really nice and some of the pieces could be applied well into SZ wardrobes. The pants below are probably the best 'drop-croth' or 'low-crotch' i've ever seen.

Picture5.png

haha, that's not me J ;). was thinking about getting the current season one myself, but wasn't sure on the fit or if I really liked the waxed finish as it would wash off after a few washes. not that big a fan of the distressed hems or the manifesto stitched on the front either, that and with the current exchange rate it's a ~$600 hoodie...

ahh yeh silly me... i see what i did there...should stop posting at 2am....:rolleyes:

yep, the fit is great D! well on me anyway

saw some lookbook shots of LAB on facebook earlier this year.. wasnt particularly impressed at all tbh.. most of their stuff fit/look awkward as hell

I used to agree with this until they uploaded new shots of the recent runway show earlier today. Looks much more thought-out and attention to detail makes the pieces all-round less awkward.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=44430960779&ref=mf

that's pretty poor, hate that there are so few local designers of menswear that really have their own identity rather than just releasing collections that are derivative of the work of popular international designers. it hardly inspires one to have much of an interest in the local fashion industry. the only 2 local designers that appeal to my own aesthetic, and that I feel have their own direction, are CM and CON.

details of the CM coat:

- it's made from a cotton/spandex twill with a cotton lining.

- material is waterproof, and can be either handwashed or dry cleaned

- zip closure with a couple of buttons at the top and bottom to conceal the zip

- high collar neckline, 2 front pockets and back flap

- ends a bit over 10cm above my knee (I'm 174cm in height)

CM received them yesterday. they only received one in each size, each of which had already been reserved. hopefully they will be receiving more by the end of the week, however cale mentioned that they would only be making a couple of pieces in each size this season for the entire collection.

I bought it in an S which would fit best on a 46, taking it to the tailor tomorrow to get it taken in. will post a waywt when I wear it (and have time to take a pic ;)).