australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

it's only really an issue with really sheer material or man made material. I've worn and washed my Julius cotton/cashmere tees far more often than my CON viscose tee, and they haven't pilled or lost their softness at all.

still want some of the RO silk/viscose ribbed tanks though, ribbed material doesn't seem to pill as easily as jersey anyway.

yeah would really like some RO lame basics, especially because of the length in the body, but just cant stomach the prices at the moment

yeah, I haven't been able to find a cheaper alternative for ribbed tanks with a curved hem unfortunately. main problem for me, besides the price, is that XS pieces are really hard to acquire outside japan and japanese rrp for european brands are rape.

034936 shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll forward it to you if you want.

prices on the CON basics have gone up a little this year, $95 for rotten apple tees and $85 for rotten singlets. need to order one of each in black and white, singlets don't come in grey and my grey tee is still in good shape. L/S tees this season only come in navy and aubergine so I think I'll pass on them :P

after having a closer look at the lookbook shots the poncho thing is way oversized, definitely not my thing. their other outerwear is boring, I'm still without a winter weight coat...

yeah aiming to get the grey and white viscose tee/tanks, as I've got the black tee/tank already... I already hit up btbam, and he said he was doing a stupidly large CON order this season. But like you, want tank or two with curved hem

good idea. I just emailed btbam about it, hopefully he can help us out.

yeah, the curved hem tanks look great layered under ribbed tees, etc. those Odyn Vovk tanks look nice but at the current exchange rate they are nearly the same price as RO tanks. looks like claude maus might be making some for the new season though, will have to ask them next time I'm in the store.

they're getting the cushions 'next season'. not sure when that means, but they said it would be in time for winter. I may have to go back for some, will make the shell a bit more versatile.

EM's a great store, but yeah, makes me feel pretty damn poor (and under-dressed) every time I go in. they have a few amazing CCP pieces in particular at the moment - like a jacket made out of perforated kangaroo leather! worth a look definitely.

haha, yeah they definitely aren't stores that I would feel comfortable rocking up to in volleys and worn out jeans

final home is quite an unusual choice for EM no? have to drop by to check out what pieces they have, it wasn't in stock when I was showing So-Ang (theaddict) around Melbourne last weekend.

Forecast for Tuesday

Sunny. Winds northeast to southeasterly averaging up to 20 km/h tending mainly southeast to southwesterly around midday.

Max

Forecast for Wednesday

Sunny. Winds northeast to northwesterly averaging up to 30 km/h tending mainly southwesterly around midday.

Max

Forecast for Thursday

Sunny. Winds northeasterly averaging up to 30 km/h tending mainly southwesterly up to 40 km/h around midday.

Max

Forecast for Friday

Sunny. Light winds.

Max

Forecast for Saturday

Sunny. Light winds tending south to southwesterly up to 20 km/h during the afternoon.

Max

what the fuck is this shit?

^ not sure, it's been closed for at least a couple of years now.

weather doesn't bother me because I'll be in an office with AC for most of the day :P

T you had any luck finding an el cheapo alternative to RO tanks? closest thing I could find were s'exprimer tanks from Japan but fucked if I'm going to pay nearly 7K yen for a cotton/poly blend. I'd be happy with just a long tank with a plain bottom hem for the moment but can't find anything that will suit that isn't expensive...

to buy an AC for your place or to escape the heat during the day? could always just loiter around the shops like some teenage hoodlum haha

none of the AA ribbed tanks are soft and light enough, might as well be wearing bonds tanks considering the price. not liking the prospect of proxying XS RO tanks, as if they aren't expensive enough as it is. hopefully zekka gets their S/S drop soon, still very open to cheaper alternatives though as ~$300 for a tank top is a joke.

I would usually turn to Julius for these sort of basics but they only produce 2 versions, one in a regular (short) length and a longer one with a shredded hem. not really a fan of the pre-distressed look on tops and they would get shorter over time too.