My denim project 2nd sample version

Conie Jeans

Guest kyotousa
kyotousa, all APC uses same denim.

since it's sourced from conie, it's probably better.

what's better? APC?

Anyway...I was saying the cut is different from all the APC line.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kyotousa
the dude was asking about the denim, not the cut.

if it's the denim, then these would be better (especially the contest ones)

this is actually looking quite interesting.

(too bad i'm not that into denim anymore)

So APC use japanese selvage denim as well and APC's denim source is from op?

I dont understand why would someone compare 2 completely different fit style.

It's like asking Samurai or Dior which is better.

I am registered a pair which I intend on paying for as long as shipping isn't something ridiculous. Conie should be chiming in on shipping prices soon enough..

thecrisis how did you hear about there being 25 contestants? As for the quality of the denim...if it is truly Osaka made, I have no doubt that it'll be better than APC denim. I believe its an oz heavier? APC being 12.5 while the contest pair is 13.5

In addition, Conie's pair interests me because it has all the features that i'm looking for ( button fly, leather patch, coin pocket selvage, copper-colored rivets, chainstitching, pocket arcs) APCs are solid fading jeans but they lack some of these asthetic/vintage aspects that i'm interested in. Hopefully Conie won't let us down.

I asked to be in the contest and I got an email asking for my address and whatnot...But I told Conie I'd be in pending fit pics. He said he'd post them in here a while back but has yet to...

PS: is the measurement chart given for sanforized or unsanforized denim?

Yeah, these are all great questions.

I'm pretty sure the model is cut after the trainer model (which is modeled after the Flathead 3001).

As for the 25 contestants, I stumbled onto the La Deluxe site and Conie mentioned there being 25 contestants

Great questions that I hope Conie could fill us in with:

1) Definite Fit Pics

2) Sizing: What size should we go with for a good fit?

3) Sanforized or not. Will these jeans also stretch a ton?

4) Shipping and customs fees; Will you bail us out by marking the items gifts and low value?

IMO, all very good questions to be asked and answered.

Hi Guys I am very sorry to keeping you wondering around. Therefore I will try my best to answer all your questions.

1. Frankly speaking I do not know much about APC, I have a pair of new cure but after I checked the tag fabric is made in Macau. Correct me if I am wrong.

2. My fabric is purely made in Osaka Japan I hand picked by my self on the factory visit early this year and they have been making denim since for ever one of the biggest denim manufacture in Japan, if I told you the supplier you will be surprise, but sorry for now I could not give you any source. But, I can assure you the denim contest will be using 13.5oz Japanese red selvedge denim.

3. On the fabric specification says that the fabric is Sanforized. But the will shrink est 1% on every area after washed.

4. Fit, Truly sorry I have been busy with work and I promise you guys I will post it on by the end of this week, very much appreciate it for being passion

The production is up and running now, but you are most welcome to register and questions via email:

[email protected]

Thank you for the support.

Those pants looks impressing to me and I'm wondering, how they will do during their aging evolution,.....

Sorry Conie, but I just might have to renege on this contest as the FH/official SF jeans contest seems very promising. And with your production, it looks like it might be around for at least a little while longer while the limited edition contest jeans will definitely not. So I'll have to wait osee how that unfolds. There's just too many contests I'd like to participate in going on right now (with this one, I count 4 I'm interested in)!

Hi Guys,

The production is still on going I hope it will finish by 4th of August and I will send the jeans by 5th of August..in case some of you wants the jeans to be hammed and chain stitch then I need 1 or 2 days to sort it out.

If you have further question please do not hesitate to contact me via email.

Thank you!

I just transferred the funds to my paypal account so within 3-5 days I will pay.

Why do you ask?

Production comes out August 1st I believe.

You realize you don't have to transfer to Paypal first, right? You can submit a payment directly with Paypal and it'll pull the funds from you account immediately.

hey conie, any word on taking off the backpocket stitching and/or black denim? thanks! I'd like to get in the contest for winning the sample jeans, but if you plan on making black denim i can wait a bit longer :)

hey conie, any word on taking off the backpocket stitching and/or black denim? thanks! I'd like to get in the contest for winning the sample jeans, but if you plan on making black denim i can wait a bit longer :)

I can do blank back pocket for you, but right now I am developing a new arcs, it will released soon.

Black Denim with Black Selvedge 14oz Sanforized is on its way, But I will not put it on the cutting table after this contest production has been done.

I can do blank back pocket for you, but right now I am developing a new arcs, it will released soon.

Black Denim with Black Selvedge 14oz Sanforized is on its way, But I will not put it on the cutting table after this contest production has been done.

New Arcs for the contest jeans?

I'm curious to see what the final product is before I purchase.

edit: It'd be pretty cool if you made a backpocket like Samurai where the more you wear it the more the arcs show.