My denim project 2nd sample version

Conie Jeans

to satisfy both ends of the spectrum you can prolly split the jean into two different models.

a sort of super slim and slim straight. the super slim would reduce the amount of bagginess in the thigh and the slim straight would open up the bottom part up.

but who knows its all in the creators.

these jeans are developing very well and when they're mature im sure these jeans will be a favorite among many people.

(and good motto by the way)

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that it was just a really bad model to use for that specific pair of jeans.

m1sterko did a great job in analyising the akward fit. The thing that I love about your pair of jeans is the color of the indigo, but main critisisms once again:

1.get a better model to show off the fit

2.make the pockets closer together.

3.make a denim shirt

Guys...Thank you for all the positive responses towards my project...

About the Name: The original production code for these jeans are F20071 and F20081...about the nick name Lincoln and Abraham it;s just the name...Big No for any racial issue behind the nick name...I like the way they are named...after all it's just the name right...I want to keep it simple and classic...

Back Pocket...let see how I go with the next cut...I am not a big company...with big giant stock of fabrics..little by little and I think I will get a better final products :)

Thank you...

maybe because of the racial connotations...

Someones a little precious to jump on the racial bandwagon. A name is a name and early American presidents seems fitting for a pair of denim in my opinion.

Seriously is my brother a supporter of racism ? His first name is Lincoln i'd hate for him to meet you lest you think less of him for his name.

The jeans look very nice - i'd love to try a pair one day, I wonder how they'd look on a skinnier guy? I'm not tiny like a lot of people here but not as large as the model (no offence) so it'd be interesting to see the cut on someone my size.

Someones a little precious to jump on the racial bandwagon. A name is a name and early American presidents seems fitting for a pair of denim in my opinion.

Seriously is my brother a supporter of racism ? His first name is Lincoln i'd hate for him to meet you lest you think less of him for his name.

Ugh, don't be so sensitive. Someone asked why people kept mentioning a problem with the name, I answered. The word "Massa" has racial connotations, that's a fact. Those racial connotations are strengthened by the names he is choosing for the cuts. I don't think anyone suggested Connie was being racist.

Q: What is Massa?

'Master' - referring to a boy - is now used in British English only on envelopes, for example, containing birthday cards for him. Other than that, it might be used as a bit of a joke or when the speaker is deliberately trying to be old-fashioned..."You'll need to do better than that, young Master Jones!" You would definitely not use it for anyone over the age of adulthood, namely 18, in these circumstances.

Referring to an adult, it might be used of male school-teachers, qualified tradesmen - a master builder, for example - ships' captains and so on. That is, where the person is fully qualified and experienced in his profession...ie a master of it.

I'm not sure about American English usage for male children, though obviously, 'master' and 'massa' are no longer used to mean a slave-owner!

taken from answerbank.com

just a post from one of the users.

the name can be taken both ways.. a racial way and the other way around.

its kind of a sticky situationn.. you got both good arguments coming from both sides.

if you'd like to clear things up maybe try writing a mission statement about what you guys stand for and all that. i dont recall seeing one of those on your sites i think.. not to sure on that

What! Oh no man!...Massa it's just I just like it that way, lincoln is a brand from US car.

haha

799291975lincolntowncarlc5.jpg

i like the jeans, fit looks a bit off right now though, perhaps the rear rise should be a bit longer? looks kind of up 'there'

personally, i don't like the backpocket stitching and the pockets look kind of big.

So today I asked my friend to try on F20082 or Lincoln, he is 170cm tall...

P1010400.jpg

Fit looks much better here than on the first model. The same cut wont fit everyone perfectly... The thighs look fine to me for guys with atheltic builds. Then again, if this is a slim cut, skinny guys arte more likely to buy them so you might want tot take them in a bit. The hem looks a little too small compared to the rest of the jeans IMO, but taking in the thighs might slove this problem. More suggestions- Bring the back pockets in closer together and reduce thier size, especially in smaller waist sizes. Other than that everything loks awesome. Once I see the other cuts and stuff you might have me sold on a pair.

Hemm What is Massa?....I took that name from my favourite F1 drivers Filipe Massa...some thing wrong with that?...I dont think so...the name of Massa it's every where....:)

and also m1Sterko...you did a good research...thank you...

I am working very hard right now...to fulfill all your positive advises...thank you

you probably don't understand because you aren't american...or maybe you or some other ppl don't want to understand (just throwing that out there).

massa is a word that slaves used in america. it means master, as in the slave master. slaves weren't taught to read or write...in fact, many (read: all) were broken into groups where they weren't next to a person of the same cultural background...so not only was there initially a language barrier as far as *insert african language here* and english but there was a barrier between the different african languages that slaves used.

anyway, words like massa are the way slaves pronounced english. calling your jeans massa is not in itself racist or prejudiced or even necessarily insensitive...but when you add on the american presidents, it raises a few eyebrows.

bottom line, IMHO, if you are smart enough and educated enough to know american presidents all the way over in australia, then you are smart enough and educated enough to know a lil american history and to know how and why something like the lincoln model of massa jeans would be offensive to (some) americans.

your jeans are nice. a few things are off, but they are nice and i know they'll come along in the end. you already are going against the grain with the red tab and the levi like arcs...now you're doing more of the same with the name of the jeans and the models...is that going to be your theme?

as written on my title...these are my project and sample only...in regards of the red tab or the arc it's just alittle experiment...do you realize how many Japanese company out there been using that theme...dude this is just a little experiment...and also I wont use it for my final products :) cheers...

• 2 weeks later...