My denim project 2nd sample version

Conie Jeans

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all, jeans look amazing, and I'm all for people starting projects on their own.

As for the pics:

The pockets look a tad too large (they fit pretty much all of a redmoon wallet)

Tucked in shirts/half tucked in shirts don't help the fit

He's standing a bit weird (foot/leg position)

Good work otherwise

Fit looks great from the back - but the crotch seems a little long in the front pic - but i guess i'm just used to supertight sufu fits.

They look amazingly well constructed. Try taking shots with the model standing with his legs a little further apart feet flat to the floor.

I think i'd consider buying a pair

Construction looks good. Fit is alright. Some things I am not quite fond of are the pockets. I know you like nudie but I dont think the pockets from what looks to be Slim Jims are flattering at all, too far spaced out, tad too wide, way to long or else shift them higher. The other thing would be the fit of the thighs, they don't look in poportion to the amount of taper, would recommend slimmer in the thigh or less taper. This is just my input, so take it how you want. Keep up the great work, I am envious of your abilities, would love to support you in your endevour. Was there a price range discussed yet for them? Sorry if I missed it.

I would like to say thank you all so much for all the critics...as this one still a sampe product I would love to hear construction ideas about this cut. So In the future I can make a better products :)

Pocket: Actualy if you noticed, I designed the pocket a little bit shorter (Not smaller) than the F20072. So I might want to work on that pocket again.

Model: I think I need to use someone a little bit taller..to avoid that stacking...so you guys can see a better fit cut.

Cheers

i like these current pocket designs more then the previous, but i still feel as if something is just not quite right. these are great designs and all, like i like the way it slants alot, but the whole ribbon thing to me seems to be occuring way too much recently. just my two cents.

i also really like the fit how it has nice stacking and the legs are kinda shaped like a slight V with the stacking at the bottom. one part of it that i think seems a littttle off is how the butt pockets seem to be too spread apart.

but over all damnn nice jeans, alot better then many other bigname jeans out there. i hope these all go well!!

DISCLAIMER: im not a denim pro, so this is just my opinion.

projectdenim.jpg

Okay..heres the three model pics you supplied us and i went ahead and drew all over it. Explanations of the colors and doodles.

Okay basically the pink check marks represent things I really like about the denim. So looking around in the three pictures you can see I really like the top part of the jeans.

I like the front (how the crotch is a good place where it should be and the fit of the jeans on your model) In addition, things I enjoy is your red tab and your pocket design. (im not big on this specific pocket design but it seems to grow on you after a while)

Okay here are the things I don’t really like / see.

In the picture on the far left, you go from a regular cut to a slim fit. (Hence the R-regular and S-slim fit) It looks a bit boxy in my opinion.

The green X shows where the break in “style†is seen. And the teal arrows on the side just mean the stacking is alright, but it seems there could be more “life in them.†It seems to droop like Britney’s rolls on stage. A bit dead and droopy, but there can be definitely a lot of life in them.

droopylikebritney.jpg

Okay picture 2:

Check marks for the back pocket / red tap and the ass part (no homo.) I really like how you accomplished the buttock part of these jeans. Hopefully they can look like that on all sizes and such. So this “lincoln†model is supposed to be slim, but it seems to be “unsure†of whats its true nature is supposed to be. It seems baggy.. then changes its mind and heads toward being slim again. The red lines represent how it does have that “slim†air around it, but the bagginess undermines its true potential as a slim jean.

The pink arrows that head outward symbolize how it seems to be like flare out in a strange way.

Picture 3 critique:

Great job on the back part (including the ass J) However, some points that bring up flags for me are the size of back pockets and the positioning of them. I know im not a denim expert on how pockets should be positioned and all that but I think the size of the pockets should be reduced a good percentage and then moved towards the center of the buttcrack. (the green pockets showing the direction of the jeans)

Now the yellow circle shows where the “honeycomb area†should be and its circled cause it seems like its missing that tightness found in slim fit jeans. Its switching back and forth from being slim and regular. And the red lines show you that theres definitely some extra air space in the pants.

Overall thoughts:

• I like the brand, seems like its gonna be enjoyable wearing them
  • Great to see someone actually starting up a denim company.
  • The quality and details seem to be quite top-notch
  • With a bit more work and perfection, you’re bound to finding success
  • Excited to see the final release of these jeans.

Side comments/ questions

You and I may have differing views on slim because when I think of slim, I think of “dior home raw 19cm denim†that kinda slim, kinda like the new imperial x self edge collabs. I look for that kinda cut / look when thinking of slim jeans so what I’ve said is biased.

And of course model size and body shape all plays a factor in this, but im judging my opinions on what has been presented to me.

Now when you decided to come out with this slim model, did you have any inspirations from other denim company? Say like imperials dukes, diors, or anything else?

And if you were to mass produce these, how much would an approximate price be?

(because im definitely liking the way these jeans look)

hmmm actually the jeans are very tempting... how do they to start building their own clothing is very nice though.

for the cutting, may be they tried to understanding people who got problem with thigh and wanted a bunch of stack in their jeans so they combined regular and skinny cut...

just my opinion..

@ m1sterko:

WOW....actually I dont know what to say...:(..what a profesional review well done...

Ok First of all thank you guys for being positive about my jeans project...as you all know...I am start from ZERO and try very very hard to HERO! hahaha...so these kind of opinions will help me a lot for better products...

Ok...For Lincoln...the very basic model is SLIM skinny but not to skinny...down low I think I did well...but up to tigh I might not doing so well...so I think i need to work on that to make them a little bit skinnier...

Back pocket...once again...I made them smaller than Abraham Cut...as this is only for sample I will try to make a little bit smaller again....and bring them to the center...

So it's getting a lot fun here right now...So I hope the people from this forum will help me to make a better jeans....because I love jeans so much....and I love to hear positive or negative feedback from you guys...

Thank you for all the supports...and now back to work...

and I think I have created a new motto...

WORK HARD CUT RIGHT.....hahahahahah cheers....