state your beer, drinkers

5533395917_8a5b653cca.jpg

Brouwerij De Keersmaeker Morte Subite Kriek, a great lambic (with cherries added :) )

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/654/5454

5533396081_d4cac0c868.jpg

Brasserie de Bretagne "Celtika" Tripel

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/britt-celtika-88o/121495/

did not love it

Also had a Pretty Things Jack D'or Saison and Port Hop-15, and ending the night with the last Nugget Nectar that I am not saving for the swap here on sufu, all in all, pretty drunk

My regular BeerAdvocate trading partner sent me a growler of Alpine Beer Co. Hoppy Birthday, and my tasting homies are out of town... growler of 5% pale ale with all the majestic flavor/aroma of the mightiest DIPA to the face!

5jhez.jpg

Yeah, Lindemans makes some of worst lambics (if you can call them that, haha) on the market if not the worst.. Cantillon and Drie Fonteinen are considered to be the best but they can be pretty pricey and are also hard to come by nowadays.

If you're in MA, you should just go to beer stores and look around the Belgian section.. Shelton Brothers is the main importer of this kind of stuff in the US and they're located in MA, so you should have a pretty good selection around you. Look for Hanssens Artisinaal Kriek, it's somewhat easy to find and is a much better example than Lindemans of what a lambic should be like.

^ good choice... All ballast points are great.

Here's a St.Pat's feel good beer story...

So I stop by my local Grocery tonight to pick up some Guiness in cans... It is St. Pat's by the way. and this dude who I also was with at the milk section hits the Guiness at the same time as me. The shelf is bare expect for a 4 pack and an 8 pack.

I get there first and grab the 4 pack as it was just for tonight... the dude looked a little sad and I say we have the same tasted in stuff tonight (as he was getting milk when I was) I ask him if he wants the 4 pack and he says no. I say they still have the 8 pack and he say's his wife if pregnant and she doesn't drink it, so I insist he takes the 4 pack and I buy the 8 pack.... now of course my wife doesn't drink either, but she's not pregnant. I figure I can enjoy 8 of them over the weeks.... Oddly I felt good about buying the extra beer I didn't really want, but I think I helped out that guy...

I also saw in the Grocery store Wayne Knight (Newman) shopping... it's the crazy thing about living in LA... If you ever see a guy that looks like a celebrity... its usually the actual celebrity.

What a guy!

Recent tradings (AKA I should have just joined the Reserve Society):

189270_543313278980_30901258_31515631_957688_n.jpg

Tonight, an old friend:

197565_543313343850_30901258_31515632_6058272_n.jpg

Yo naknak, like they said, Drie Fonteinen and Cantillon are tops. Drie Fonteinen is more on the funky and yeast-driven complexity side and Cantillon is mad sour (not to say their beer isn't nicely complex too). Also seek out Boon Mariage Parfait and Girardin 1882. If you're looking for fruit lambics that don't taste like wine coolers, Drie Fonteinen's Schaerbeekse Kriek and Cantillon's framboise Rose de Gambrinus are amazing.

^^^B-Dawg, what'd it take to land a CR?

Haven't tried anything from the 5 bottles you just got, a friend got the M3 and M1, so that might show up in our tasting group. Report back how the Churchill's is, the label looks great.

As for the sours, Mariage Parfait is tough to find and Schaerbeekse runs $35-40 for 750ml out here in Philly, so that's probably out of almost anyone's price range. I wonder though if those will be as coveted as Fou'Foune is now in a couple years. I remember how no one wanted to pay $30 for a Cantillon just a couple years ago, now people are falling all over themselves for some of these beers.

Drie Fonteinen's Schaerbeekse Kriek and Cantillon's framboise Rose de Gambrinus are amazing.

Was in my regular beer store earlier today and they had Schaersbeekse for $40 a bottle.. scoffed at it, some of this shit is getting ridiculous imo :\ Somebody posted on BA about a store charging $60 for a 750ml of Fou Foune recently... what the fuck is going on? less than 2 years ago I passed on numerous bottles of Fou Foune because I thought it was too expensive at $28/bottle.

Rose de Gambrinus is my favorite Cantillon by the way.. nice recommendation B-Dawg :D Even after having St. Lamvinus and many others, I still love Rose.. the sourness is just amazing.

/end drunk rant

B-Dawg, njoy the Melange 3, that beer is just completely over the top. I feel different about it every time I drink it (4 times now).. it's so all over the place that it seems like each time I drink it something different from the (many) up front flavors grabs my attention and I can't get past what gets me at the time... definitely an amazing beer. Wish I had gotten in on the Reserve Society this year but I can't justify it not living in LA.

I drank a 2006 Ithaca Old Habit tonight.. reminded me of DFH Raison D'Extra, but much much smoother and with a nice rye aftertaste. Still, too malty for my tastes.. also had dessert wine barrel aged Super Friends (5.. 6 pints??) hahah it was pretty awesome, definitely my favorite variation of the three different aged Super Friends.

also yeah I wanna know what it took to land the Chocolate Rain B-Dawg :rolleyes:

Soonami just made a good suggestion to me.. to those involved in the swap, it's good to let us know your beeradvocate username (if you have one) so the person sending to you can look at your wants list. I know these already:

me - shufon

renski - ren

soonami - soonami

concealed, thomas_collins - do you guys have BA accounts?

either my taste buds are out of wack or i need to find something different. i drank a sculpin and it tasted like a pale ale, decided to switch it to a pliny since it has been a while and it had the same pale taste just more malt.

theres a triple IPA night tonite so i hope my taste buds are ready or its because i'm slowly converting over to sours/wild ales.

Did anybody get Dark Lord Day Tickets? I'm so pissed. I kept refreshing right at 1pm. When the floodgates finally opened, the ticket site froze/ hung up and I didn't get any tickets. Damn

Oh well

If anybody did get tix and wants to sell me 1 let me know. But no, I won't be paying the $160-$350 prices that they're already selling for on Stub Hub

I tried to get DLD tickets too but the website was too slow for me and by the time i could get threw they were all gone. I should've gone to work where we have a much faster connection

My friend got DLD tickets, he is trying to convince me to come but I dunno if I'll make it due to such a long drive.

@ren - take off drinking hoppy stuff for a couple weeks and they will taste like what you're used to after that. also, no flipping DLD tickets, you gotta have receipt of purchase, credit card, and photo id when you get there..

Everyone in the BIF please fill out your wants and gots as best you can it really helps you trading partners know what you would like that they can get, what you already have etc. There's also a google spreadsheet of beer distribution somewhere, I'll link it if I can find it but try not to include stuff in boxes that people can buy on their own.

i do not want to go through making a "wants" list on BA because I am not really into trading, but whoever has me, if they need any direction can shoot me a pm

edit:

5541698126_2689a38c47.jpg

Clown Shoes Eagle Claw Fist (can't compare to Nugget Nectar)

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/22951/61133