state your beer, drinkers

I'll see your bourbon and raise you a Keystone Light :P

Yeah, I actually drank a few cans of Keystone at a shitty rave tonight, haha.. first time I've had it since I was 18.

Prior to that though I took this incredibly delicious bottle of Nelson over to a girl's house.. she told me it tasted like butter and didn't want any of it, so I happily drank the whole bottle :D

No idea what she was talking about with the butter comments, this beer was awesome.

0226012213.jpg

Good to know the Flower Power is ok. Most of that stuff should be fairly fresh, only ones I'm not sure about are the Southern Tier beers because for whatever reason they don't use any kind of dating system on the bottles.

That Nelson had a really different taste than what I was expecting -- the rye didn't come through anything close to what I'm used to tasting in a rye beer, and the hop profile was definitely different with the Nelson Sauvin hops. The mouthfeel/appearance of the beer was also a lot creamier than any other IPAs I've come across. Haha, might be asking you to proxy me some more in the near future :D

Good to know the Flower Power is ok. Most of that stuff should be fairly fresh, only ones I'm not sure about are the Southern Tier beers because for whatever reason they don't use any kind of dating system on the bottles.

That Nelson had a really different taste than what I was expecting -- the rye didn't come through anything close to what I'm used to tasting in a rye beer, and the hop profile was definitely different with the Nelson Sauvin hops. The mouthfeel/appearance of the beer was also a lot creamier than any other IPAs I've come across. Haha, might be asking you to proxy me some more in the near future :D

not a problem, ill make sure to grab some Duet next time as well. can't go wrong with any of their IPAs.

dscn2061i.jpg

Tried the Pure Hoppiness tonight. Another great IPA, much more straightforward than the Nelson though.. hops are a lot more on the bitter end of the spectrum rather than fruity. Was sipping on this while I did homework, noticed it getting more and more boozy as it warmed up. The one thing I noticed that was similar between this and Nelson was that the PH also had a creamier feel than I'm used to in an IPA.. really like whatever Alpine is doing to make their IPAs like this.

Oh, and yeah, I got some new glass :D

@concealed - np, let me know if you guys do end up coming out though.

Got a box from a seriously awesome trader today.. was only supposed to get a 32oz growler of CC Jai Alai and 3 750s of CC's new sour Vuja De.. ended up with all of this stuff:

dscn2064t.jpg

Growler + Vuja Des.. also sent me a 750 of Cedar Aged Jai Alai IPA, 750 of Guava Grove Saison, 12oz of Jai Alai, 12oz of American Porter, and a 12oz Terrapin Wake n Bake Stout (love this stuff).

Oh, whoa.. might have to get my friend to land one of those for me! Pretty happy for him, Shawn Hill has been putting his homebrews in tastings at Hill Farmstead or wherever he has them, and my friend has had a decent number of people requesting his beer. He graduates undergrad in May and has decided to start a nanobrewery instead of getting a job, haha. He just bought equipment to make 155 gallon batches.

Apparently when he's up here we're going to Barrier Brewing on Long Island to check out the guy's setup there, it's very similar to what my friend is building. Should be interesting.

For those that missed the Self Edge x Mad River Brewing Beer event last week, here are some photos:

http://tylershoot.blogspot.com/2011/02/mad-river-beer-tasting-at-self-edge-sf.html

a generous co-worker donated a Stone collabo bottle Highway 78 bottle to me. I guess the only thing to do is return the favor, right? I know he has a stash of older lost abbey stuff as well that I might have to ask him about.

a generous co-worker donated a Stone collabo bottle Highway 78 bottle to me. I guess the only thing to do is return the favor, right? I know he has a stash of older lost abbey stuff as well that I might have to ask him about.

I had that last week and wasn't blown away by it.

yea, I haven't had their collabo beers since the original Mikkeller / alesmith Belgian triple (which I still have a bunch of). I heard the one they did with Maui was good. I hardly purchase stone nowadays but one every so often is a good reminder why I love craft beer.

Hahaha nice ren. Have you tried the Three Heads IPA yet? Been looking for it on tap but everywhere around here is getting the coffee porter or the black ipa.

Oh, get into those Cascazillas though. Haha, been drinking that stuff whenever I go to a restaurant lately and it's grown on me considerably.

Oh and @Pilot, I thought they were all outta production but I wasn't sure if you guys still had them sitting on shelves anywhere in KC. The Sixth Glass was beer that got me into craft beers so I need to seek out a bottle of the Bourbon Barrel Quad to try it out..

edit: Oh shit, just noticed you drank a Red Poppy ren.. how was that??