how big is your digital music collection?

Guest DUM

mine's been growing pretty rapidly but I'm sure some people here have bigger collections...

as of this morning

music.jpg

Do you not get sick of the music? I had like 5,000 on my computer. It sucked. I realized I didn't need half of the stuff and just started deleting everything. It's a bitch to scroll on an ipod wiht it too. I have V2 of them so it sucks.

180 GB (laptop and tower)

--majority @ 192+ thanks to OiNK

nothing serious. and i'm ashamed i haven't done any major upgrades in terms of my personal computers for a few years now. i've been deleting as i find stuff i want to dl atm. hahaha. def the next thing i'm saving up fer. i'm looking forward to a new tower mod'd for 2GB memory, dual or quad core processor, and 500GB free space. :rolleyes::D

chrono, wasn't a question. I was saying he wasn't crazy for using CD's. my glovebox is full of purchased CD's.

Why would I get tired of my music? I only keep shit I like, other shit gets deleted quick. Whenever I'm on the computer ( way too often) I'm playing itunes.

Maybe 10 terabytes?

I have a box at home thats 2 terabytes and is nearly full, I also have boxes around the world that are full of mp3's. Some co-lo'ed here in the US, two in canada, etc..I just turned on this box to see what was on it, here is the list of mp3's at the time it was turned off a year ago.

I'm not a music pirate though...

180 GB (laptop and tower)

--majority @ 192+ thanks to OiNK

nothing serious. and i'm ashamed i haven't done any major upgrades in terms of my personal computers for a few years now. i've been deleting as i find stuff i want to dl atm. hahaha. def the next thing i'm saving up fer. i'm looking forward to a new tower mod'd for 2GB memory, dual or quad core processor, and 500GB free space. :rolleyes::D

Mod'd for?

what do you guys think about ppl asking to "get some music," as in connecting their ipod to your comp and basically takin your entire collection? If random people ask its not hard to blow em off but when homies ask I feel like an ass saying no but then again I spent a long ass time collecting, buying and organizing my shit and I don't want someone to just come and jack it all

about 120 gigs, 1400 albums, all 192+ and properly tagged (i'm a freak about these thing). just bought an ipod classic 160 gigs and can't wait to be able to put all my collection on it. probably have listened at one point or the other to maybe 95% of my music, but then i'm already 26, have been listening to 4-8 hours of music a day for maybe the past 15 years, loves discovering new artists and have very broad taste.

DEPHT: i really know what you mean. i have spent hundreds of hours collecting and organizing my collection (especially in the early days of download, where you have to individually find each track of an album, make sure the DL would finish, manually organize the music into folders and then MANUALLY tagging the songs...) so ppl would always come to my place to get some music. it pissed me off how easy it was for someone to just come over and fill their ipod while it took me so long, but then, at least i made sure my friends listened to come good music

and about the size of your collection,