how big is your digital music collection?

Guest DUM

knew someone would say that, but nah I don't think having lots of music downloads is anything like having a huge penis (like I do). quality over quantity blah blah...just wondering.

knew someone would say that, but nah I don't think having lots of music downloads is anything like having a huge penis (like I do). quality over quantity blah blah...just wondering.

All it means to me is how much time you're willing to invest into music, but a lot of people use it to gauge otherwise. I'm willing to be the bad guy and point it out. It's just one of those things that people always try and use as a "Oh, you don't know anything about music unless you have insert arbitrary number of albums here" sort of thing.

Personally, I need to clean a good thousand or two tracks. Stuffs getting stagnant.

I know a bunch of people who go on google once a week and search for "insert old band name here + collection torrent" and they end up getting gigs and gigs of music they never even listen to.

It's def about quality over quantity.

That said I need a bigger harddrive, between movies and games and music, 80Gb isnt enough. A 320Gb sounds good =)

That said, I have about 6,800 songs (29Gb), but I share my computer so only about half of that is mine.

my personal computer had about 60000 songs on it, years of downloading + soulseek .. it was awesome. but i left it running 24/7 and the harddrive melted down cause my fan was clogged with dust

been on my dad's comp since may, up to 5186 songs

edit: in reality having a smaller collection is better as you really get in deep with albums instead of doing a quick run through

All it means to me is how much time you're willing to invest into music

but then again, you can invest a shitload of time without keeping everything. I spend way too much time listening to music but I hate having to have external drives and whatnot, so my digital music collection is pretty constantly between 20 and 30gb. when I buy an album, I often delete it. old stuff I dont listen to gets deleted as well.

I used to have about 70 GB (of relatively low itunes quality) but i realized that i could trim some. I got to the point where i didn't really care about having an album for the sake of having it or just because it is "good". I trimmed it down to the stuff i listen to regularly and it's about 32gbs now. I'll probably do some more downloading and more trimming after my 25 pg paper is finished in a few weeks.

I still have an old 40gb gen 3 or 4 ipod that resides permanently in my car hooked up through the back of the stereo. Using that to keep me from over extending myself.

I used to have about 70 GB (of relatively low itunes quality) but i realized that i could trim some. I got to the point where i didn't really care about having an album for the sake of having it or just because it is "good". I trimmed it down to the stuff i listen to regularly and it's about 32gbs now. I'll probably do some more downloading and more trimming after my 25 pg paper is finished in a few weeks.

I still have an old 40gb gen 3 or 4 ipod that resides permanently in my car hooked up through the back of the stereo. Using that to keep me from over extending myself.

tapes? yes.

CD's? no, I still buy CD's to play in the car...but most of my music listening is probably at home on the computer.

tapes? yes.

CD's? no, I still buy CD's to play in the car...but most of my music listening is probably at home on the computer.

I'm not sure i understand the question but i don't carry cds in my car anymore. I used to before i got my new cd player with the rear (lulz) hookups for my ipod. The quality is as good as a burned cd. When i still had cds, i usually would just have a couple cd books and cd cases (the one blanks come on) and it just got out of hand. I don't like just taking 5-10 with me on my visor.

All my music is backed up on my external hd and on my ipod. I'm trying to practice some discipline by not exceeding the 40 (more like 38) gb available. It's tough.