those skinny japanese people

kauflust

Apparently, the goth-ninja steez is all about beind dominated by women. And being cute.

Some gems, aside from the title, In Japan, it's the men who want to be skinny and cute:

"Both Shirakawa and his girlfriend like the fact that she weighs more than he does, and is the leader of the couple. "She's a lot stronger than I am, can lift heavy things and go drinking until dawn. I admire that about her, and feel protected when I'm around her," he said. Older than he by five years, it was Shirakawa's girlfriend who made the approach, started the dating process and decided what course their relationship would take."

"The term kawaii [cute] used to be something that described women, or female attributes. Now women are more likely to use that to talk about men and what they're wearing. As a result, more young men aspire to be cute."

"The trend now is for men to look like they want to be fed and/or devoured by women. One of the pioneering brands for that is Lad Musician, headed by the designer Yuichi Kuroda. Lad Musician burst onto the Tokyo fashion scene in 1995 in a glam-rock/low-slung-guitar kind of way, espousing an emaciated, tragic sexiness enhanced by clinging silhouetted tops and slim, revealing pants with no pockets and very little breathing space. Lad Musician aesthetics has grown thanks to the general weight loss among young men, and the silhouettes (especially for long-sleeved T-shirts, polo shirts and sweaters) are tighter than ever before."

I suppose that this is the new trend. It wasn't too long ago when girls would say "I don't like a girly looking guy" when the dude they admire looks like a total bishounen.

I really don't see the labels they listed to be cute at all (maybe because of my affinity for non-men?) and actually quite badass.

wait wtf general wait loss of men? haven't Japanese men been ridiculously small/skinny for like ever? Aside from sumo wrestlers and perverted salarymen in squid videos, I don't see many fat guys in Japan. girls on the other hand...

if it works for certain people, why not?

obviously youre not gonna see some K-1 fighter try this shit anytime soon...

edit: erm,. the whole being dominated by women though, fuck that

i told a classmate that i didnt wanna get buff cause i wouldnt be able to fit into nice cluthes. they sure looked puzzled.

american guys are defensive about protecting their manliness

i look gayer than my gay roommate

how about that

Lad Musician isn't really THAT skinny. I think Balenciaga and Dior homme is much skinnier is many respects...

balenciaga can definetly be cut supersuper slim...a lot of dior homme has been fitting me looser lately(46 used to fit good but now it's superloose on me so i have to get 44)...lad musician has a 42 so wouldn't that mean it's the skinniest?

and fuck that, being skinny AND cute doesn't mean you are a pussy...why can't you be cute and knock teeth out at the same time? huh?

Skinny guys can be mad tough - look at the lightweight boxing divisions. Lanky mothafuckers who'll knock teeth out.

Gay guys can be masculine and powerful - go to any gym in NYC or a prison shower.

But this shit:

"Frankly, I think women should be in the driver's seat. Society and relationships work better that way," he said. Shirakawa likes to wear his girlfriend's clothes and often shows up for work wearing her blouse and jeans, to the general approval of his co-workers.

Indeed, young men claim to want to be pursued and then nurtured - they often hate to make the first move and often shy away from conflict. "I never fight with my girlfriend because I know I'll lose," is how Shirakawa put it. "It's just a lot more comfortable for me if I go along with everything she says."

is fuckin retarded and I dont see how any man on earth can be proud of himself being emasculated to such a degree.

and fuck that, being skinny AND cute doesn't mean you are a pussy...why can't you be cute and knock teeth out at the same time? huh?

you can. its called being mentally unstable.

Lad Musician isn't really THAT skinny. I think Balenciaga and Dior homme is much skinnier is many respects...

I'm definitely not the Lad resident expert so I'll defer to you and agree that they often leave some drape in, say, the body of their jackets but the armholes in the jackets I got (few seasons ago) are higher than what Dior produces now. As for Balenciaga it used to be literally unwearable (I'd be a large) but I tried a 44 jacket from the current season that fit me. Weird.

Hasn't LM grown to be some sort of declasse label now, especially the tees?

I guess I was thinking of the SS 06 collection of Dior. That shit was soo fiercely skinny. As for Lad Musician being de-class, not that I know of. I know a lot of lesser known labels took up a lot of the LM trends (photography black/white shirts and the bastard child Hare), which is why I think the designer decided to do the whole Rolling Stones bent this last season but the label still is exclusive and popular to a niche audience still. It's sort of like A.P.C. or agnes b., in terms of acceptance in Japan, just w/ a mod twist.

i think its just the way the japanese eat. Mostly are high in proten with complex carbs, with a little of everything. unlike the americans, where junk food like mcdonalds, in n out burgers are sadly the national food.