High Fashion Mountaineering Boots...

RAISED BY WOLVES

I had a pair of Filson Uplander boots that were hard to get my foot in and out of...even totally unlaced....they had a pretty soft leather lining and eventually I wore through that while getting in and out of them...Just a heads up. Not sure if the Russells are lined in such a manner or not.

At any rate...congrat. Classic boots...nice review. I'm jealous.

Great thread people.

About the packaging of the Russells: I wouldn't mind that box either.

On the contrary: I tend to like it better than yet another exercise in expensive branding. We are constantly being bombarded with marketing and packaging bogus that distracts from the products themselves. Not here. To me, that plain box says "no bells and whistles, these boots speak for themselves".

Great thread people.

About the packaging of the Russells: I wouldn't mind that box either.

On the contrary: I tend to like it better than yet another exercise in expensive branding. We are constantly being bombarded with marketing and packaging bogus that distracts from the products themselves. Not here. To me, that plain box says "no bells and whistles, these boots speak for themselves".

Agree with the packaging. I'd rather them put the money into the boots personally.

One of my favorite old shops used to wrap up your purchase in brown kraft paper and tie it with twine. That was one of the best parts about shopping there.

Are the Danner Mountain Light boots in suede available only in Japan?

They're pretty friggin expensive @ ~50,000 yen while the leather versions are like $2XX in the US.

It appears so, but I have seen vintage suede ones on ebay before. Their factory store carries some of the japanese stock, but they don't ship and you'll need a proxy, plus the sizes/stock seems to be limited.

Are the Danner Mountain Light boots in suede available only in Japan?

They're pretty friggin expensive @ ~50,000 yen while the leather versions are like $2XX in the US.

It appears so, but I have seen vintage suede ones on ebay before. Their factory store carries some of the japanese stock, but they don't ship and you'll need a proxy, plus the sizes/stock seems to be limited.

I've decided to go with LIMMERS...i woudl trace my foot and measure that shit right now...(they'd rather you do that than take a chance ordering something sized up/down/true)...but I'm too drunk and none of my friends are awake...

But i'm ordering Limmer Light Weights. DID YOU HEAR THAT??? I will have a story to tell. This thread is going places. seroisoyly fast. go to sleep dammit. It's late in the midnight hour. Your hands are really paws and they really don't know how to dance the vietnam vagabond but unless you play koopa trooper you're dad will die in 20 seconds of this amazing post-modern thread and bill maher will drstroy your agency. take a second look our the window and fester in handmade friends.

I've decided to go with LIMMERS...i woudl trace my foot and measure that shit right now...(they'd rather you do that than take a chance ordering something sized up/down/true)...but I'm too drunk and none of my friends are awake...

But i'm ordering Limmer Light Weights. DID YOU HEAR THAT??? I will have a story to tell. This thread is going places. seroisoyly fast. go to sleep dammit. It's late in the midnight hour. Your hands are really paws and they really don't know how to dance the vietnam vagabond but unless you play koopa trooper you're dad will die in 20 seconds of this amazing post-modern thread and bill maher will drstroy your agency. take a second look our the window and fester in handmade friends.

I'm not drunk. Two things.

I'm still set on some Limmer Light-Weights...but I was wondering if anyone here knows much about Alico Summit boots (I posted them a few pages back). I've read some good things about them...one being that they are tough, yet require barely any break-in (comfortable out the box). Also, where the fuck can you get a pair in the US? Sierra has been the only spot online where I've seen 'em...yet they don't have stock at the moment.

2nd. Let's talk laces. Heavy, bright-colored jawns. This being dropped after RBW's lace post. Do I have to be Japanese again? I need some electric blue stealth orange canary yellow and eggplant wizard purple multi-striped brain mashing glowworms colliding into people's optical lenses. Please.

I'ma try to contribute ...sad links ahead:

http://www.utemountaineer.com/detail.aspx?ID=1907