The TRIPLE XXX

john11f

• 2 months later...

bumping this thread. starting to use the 51XXX, awesome. the bagginess calmed down. the fit is spot on. i've never seen denim as hairy as this one. can't even call it slubby! will be using this sparingly until my samurai nobunaga is completely broken in. stay tuned for some pics soon...

this has become my favorite jeans for now. partly because it fits me better since i've gained a bit of weight (w/c I hate!). this has a looser fit than the nobunaga and reminds me of my oni. indigo is a bit light and i really don't how these things are gonna fade. creases aren't that much pronounced than other heavier denim i have.

i'll probaby alternate these with the sams and hope to give you an update soon. sorry, sked's been hectic and haven't had time to take pics.

• 2 months later...

Update after 4-5 months wear, I've been seeing fading but not as much as the Samurais or the Onis. I am tempted to wash them next month and just see how it will look like. I'm pretty sure there will be contrast but I just don't know if it is up to par with the established brands. I definitely love wearing them. Fit is spot on.

Hi John --- appreciate your posts, as always. Some jeans are definitely slower to fade than others, but when they go, they go, if you know what I mean. It depends how much of the core of the indigo fiber (warp) is dyed-through. I think Samurais are definitely designed to fade quickly by abrasion ('atari' in the lingo..) because the warp has a relatively large undyed core. At the other end of the spectrum are the multiple-hank-dyed natural indigo models which are dyed completely through: these will never display defined hige and hachinosu. Your Steam Locos are obviously somewhere towards this end of the spectrum, but please keep at it --- many people here are following your progress with interest.

I almost bumped this thread the other day to see what the status was. After wearing them a bit and loosening them up, would you still compare them to the oni blue fit?

dying for some pic updates :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...