Jack Rabbit Slim

Favourite Japanese mens label

Guest jmatsu
Well it does depend on the group that I'm with. If I'm w/ my SA friends, they know a decent amount on male fashion. Probably not the specific labels, but the overall style. Like they'd be able to tell the difference between a salary man guy that buys his shit at Marui Marui / Tornado Mart and a guy that buys from select boutiques and a buy that gets his stuff from major department stores. It's sort of the attitude that goes w/ it too. Dunno...I basically have two worlds of friends in Tokyo. Business world and fashion world. The two worlds never interact.

how did you dress the few times we hung out?

You're an SA right? That's how you get your gothbeast on. Otherwise, I tone my shit down.

i work in the office actually.

gothbeasting in my cubicle.

how did you dress the few times we hung out?

I don't remember....haha. I'm in the states now so my style is toned down through...

Guest jmatsu
Well it does depend on the group that I'm with. If I'm w/ my SA friends, they know a decent amount on male fashion. Probably not the specific labels, but the overall style. Like they'd be able to tell the difference between a salary man guy that buys his shit at Marui Marui / Tornado Mart and a guy that buys from select boutiques and a buy that gets his stuff from major department stores. It's sort of the attitude that goes w/ it too. Dunno...I basically have two worlds of friends in Tokyo. Business world and fashion world. The two worlds never interact.

the attitude is an important factor as well. i mean alot of stylists seriously don't dress the part, but even if we didn't know they were in the industry, for some reason by being exposed to a smorgasbourd of people in tokyo, you just develop an innate sense of people who know what the fuck is up or what the fuck they're talking about.

only handled a few education from young machines things and don't really recall if it was nice or not - the stuff is pretty $$$.. worth it?

i could never find any mainline cosmic wonder stuff anywhere- i would only see the jeans/diffusion label.

beauty:beast was still being sold by skull jeans in osaka when i was there... nothing really remarkable though. didn't they try to expand by doing some oki-ni collabs several years back?

Guest jmatsu
beauty:beast was still being sold by skull jeans in osaka when i was there... nothing really remarkable though. didn't they try to expand by doing some oki-ni collabs several years back?

not sure, i remember their shit from 10 years ago. i am aware that they were on oki-ni though.

lots of omotesando boyz wearin

impactis kelly

tel meh bout teh label

Erm, I try not to look like one of those atelier ny ninjas, but I do wear...

CDG

DBSS (pending, got some shit on hold.)

N.Hoolywood

Undercover

and I have a couple things from Yoshio Kubo but I don't know anyone else who wears that

What have you all heard about Troise and Ku?

-14th addiction

- Kazuyuki Kumagai

Visvim

The Real McCoys

Buzz Rickson

Ironheart

The Flathead

Sugar Cane

ummmm, do you know anything about supreme?

Julius

Kazuyuki Kumagai Attachment

The Viridi-anne

gyakusou

united arrows - simple wool sweaters or long sleeves

cdG - leather accessories, perfume - if i like both the bottle and the scent

Posted · Hidden by Brainboy, March 14, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Brainboy, March 14, 2012 - No reason given

f*ck fashion, I say buzz rickson

The Flat Head. Yes, I know, so shocking.

I don't care for their hawaiian shirts, workwear, or bowling shirts (along with some of the more esoteric stuff they make), but their western shirts, graphic tees, jeans, and leather are my absolute favorites.