inazuma festival general thread

Chicken

every year, lightning magazine sponsors "inazuma festival" featuring all sorts of fashion stuff targeted at lightning magazine readers. lightning magazine regulars like real mccoy's, samurai jeans, pherrows, eternal -- they all put up their booths to showcase their goods, often selling limited edition stuff or items on special sale. this year, it was held at odaiba for two days: october 27 and 28.

my gf and i happened to be back in tokyo for my sister's wedding and we somehow managed to find a couple of hours to pay our visit.

IMG_2742.jpg

omg, sea of people

IMG_2741.jpg

and more people

IMG_2764.jpg

everywhere you look, there's some serious denim and leather goods

IMG_2746.jpg

i heard there were some good stuff if you got there early in the morning. because of the typhoon, our plane got rerouted to nagoya from narita, so we couldn't get to the festival as early as we planned. bummer.

IMG_2745.jpg

army of mccoy's on sale

IMG_2755.jpg

more random stuff on sale

IMG_2761.jpg

and even more random

great post chicken.

i wish i couldve been there, it looks like a great and very interesting day.

denim + leather + street vendor food + beer + fellow enthusiasts....sounds good to me.

nogami-san's sweatshirt is amazing, im a big fan.

im actually a little surprised too - for some reason, i expected ryu-san and takashi-san to be older than they are....they look pretty young.

hope you had a great day chicken!

Chicken, i'm jealous you were able to make it out to this..

The crowd and booths look just like the Super Weekend in Nagano every year.

I'm sure you had a grea time, thanks for the photos..

thanks guys. wish you all could've been there. was quite an experience.

kiya, i heard about nagano too. but people at the inazuma festival were saying this odaiba one turned out better. good thing the typhoon left the day before.

takashi-san was wearing his famous eternals. but he said the jeans had turned brownish lately because of all the cigarette he's been smoking in his room. too bad we didn't take a great pic of them -- they really looked awesome. the brownish tint i thought actually added flavor. he was also wearing his water buffalo semi-dress.

Confederate flag slip ons??? WTF? This is ignorance at it grandest level. Maybe these dudes should read up on the history they aggrandize prior to producing such things.

Yeah, I must have missed that headline at FOXNews.com.