inazuma festival general thread

Chicken

where are all these people running to/for? are there smash deals or limiteds on companies there?

They were running for four booths mainly (out of 300..):

Flat Head

Samurai

Real McCoy's

Lightning

The opening of the flood gates of people at exactly 10am this morning...

These were the ones that camped out to be first to get in..

i5iKu5KydTw

I like the people dragging their kids and saying that they're already "late", 12s after the gates opened haha...

^

interesting. i could be blind but it seems like they were running right by fh's booth:)

Yeah... the initial rush was to the Lightning booth which was directly across from the Self Edge / Wild Child / Flat Head booth..

But once they cleared the lightning booth of sticker sets, special books, etc... they ran for the denim booths. I'd never seen anything like this in my life, it was mass hysteria at it's finest.

Actually it was pretty nice over there because the weather held up. Found mad deals all over the place, but it was mostly samples and not production models so some of the fits and details were off. Recommeded for anyone that wants to go next year. But the line to get in was longer than the opening night of Star Wars. I`ve never seen such a large gathering of denim dorks in my life. They need to make this a weekend event.

Sure did... Still running around Japan as I type. Met up with my man, Chicken, but thats about it. It was great to meet a lot of the owners of these companies and speak with them. It was also cool to see them interacting with their fans. Thats the kind of shit you would never see in the States.

I'm sad i didn't get to meet you or see Chicken the entire day we were there..

Did anyone manage to grab photos from any leather goods manufacturers?

Sheeeeeet.... I have some pics, but I gotta wait till I get home. The most amazing shit was this raw cafe racer type jacket from Tenjin Works. I wanted to cop, but it would have left me stranded in Japan. You would have had a leather-gasm from all the shit there.:D

My Inazuma Festival article which i was hired by Cool Hunting to write went up today:

http://www.coolhunting.com/archives/2008/11/inazuma_festiva.php

Note: i'd like to point out that the second photo in the post is a group of guys standing around drooling over a motorcycle.. the guys: Benny (take5), me, Osanai (from Iron Heart), and the presidents/founders of Toys McCoys, Pherrows, Iron Heart, and Lightning. That's how surreal this event is.

If anyone else was also looking for photos, Benny Seki of Take5 did a three-part blog post with LOTS and LOTS of photos, here:

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/BennySeki/14491642

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/BennySeki/14492708

http://www.wretch.cc/blog/BennySeki/14492780

The third part is all photos of people posing on a replica of Fonda's Easy Rider bike. Skip it if you're not into that.

• 3 months later...
well who are you right there? cheers!

He's Daniel, dark skinned dude with the beard and the hat.

My wife and i took him out that night and we had the most ridiculous tonkatsu dinner and beers. Yum for the mouth.

• 4 months later...

Tentative details: Last weekend in October, and yes, same place as last year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It's in Tokyo, October 25th.

No idea where, i'm just gonna be with the FH crew.

Edmond, i'm finally going to meet you, we will make babies.