Legit checks megathread - post your legit checks here!

the breaks

if you want to believe it's real by all means just give it up and take your big loss

but the fact remains that by lying at all, he lost credibility.

1) yup, the address on the invoice is in Hong Kong. he lied big time. plus nothing stops him from buying real items and getting them replicated (which is what i think he's doing)

2) if it were real there's no need for him to send it in a wrong box, as each item comes with their own box. not that it really matters, but i have the SS09 wood and leather pea pod bracelet, and the bracelet box is tiny as hell; i would have no point in keeping such a small box and giving away a bigger box

3) whether you trust the SA or not ("jewellery expert"?), fact remains he lied and said it was a "shorter necklace version"

he wouldn't have to keep lying and lying if it were legit, would he? you really don't have much proof. one time i made up proof because they wouldn't accept real proof lol. email proof isn't enough even if they agreed it was fake, they want letterheads and shit, it's ridiculous

just raise it to a Claim and hope he doesn't want proof and will accept the return, and pay for tracking. it can in no way harm you to raise it to a Claim. if at the end of the day you forget about it or he wants proof or whatever and you cancel, you can still leave him negative feedback lol

i can't find my earlier post but i know that seller is a fraud. he's made a few accounts on eBay because he got some negs saying his shit was fake so he made a new one, but the sale thread template is the exact same

again, thanks for your help, ironman!! :)

I want to let everyone know about the outcome:

I raised the dispute to a claim and requested a full refund. Luckily PayPal didn't want any proof etc.. They just called on me to return the necklace to the seller and to provide the tracking number.

I did so! But no refund so far. PayPal doesn't care at all. All they could do was asking me to return the necklace.

I provided tracking number! Necklace arrived 1 week ago! Seller already relisted it on eBay! And most likely he withdraws all his funds from his PayPal account, so that PayPal can't refund anything to me.

RESULT: Fake necklace lost by returning it at my own expense and of course also lost the 237$.

PayPal sucks...

Calling them directly also doesn't help at all. I did twice!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank for your response, i've already seen fakes, one had a different cheap box and second doesn't have rick picture inside the shoes...

I have never seen these sneakers in fur, it's really strange, does anyone have ever seen this version of the ricks?

http://fakehunter.blogspot.com/2008/07/rick-owens-shoes-ss08-creatch-hi-tops.html

i've seen that, but more a than a year ago, counterfeits maybe better now?

thanks

yeah but remember, what you see in the pics doesn't necessarily mean that's what you'll get, he has the same pictures listed for every size

you just have to decide if it's worth the risk

edit: referring to big ebay sale

the info label doesnt match any of the mcq ive seen, but the sellers other items do seem legit, it is strange that he would chuck a fake one in amongst real stuff. If they fit how you want them and theyre nice then id just leave it and enjoy them

Ironman or someone else good at spotting DH fakes! I have been offered a jacket but only have the pics on my email. It would be greatly appreciated if I could fwd the pics for an opinion on authencity.

Please email me at kalle.lundgren AT ki.se

A million thanks!