Oink shut down

Westbrook

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something i recently just found out....for those of us in the USA, using comcast as our internet server.

Comcast didnt publish this news anywhere (found out about it through tiny mixtapes - http://www.tinymixtapes.com/Comcast-Is-Controlling-Your-Life?var_recherche=comcast ), i had to go in to them and ask why my internet stopped working, and apparently, its because i was uploading torrents. Comcast put a patch into their hardware disabling anyones internet for a short period of time if an UPLOAD from a torrent is found on their system. lets hear it for control!

I'll wait on Boink.

For fuck sake, I've been an Oink member for at least 2 years. Now I realise how much I loved that website.

Ive got mixed feelings on BOiNK. It's getting the most publicity out of any "oink replacement" but eh, I doubt it'll work as well, just don't feel that an oink replacement, especially one that probably wont be enforced as well as oink'll work as well.

Anywhoo, this what.cd place is interesting enough. I'm kinda liking it there, but it's small, so we'll see.

Well I just saw this thread (I only really check supershopping, superfashion and supermarket).

I was an Oink user with over 10gb uploaded in just a few short months and it really sucks it was shut down. Can anybody point me in the right direction on where to go now? Oink had everything I wanted..

tehpaine.blogspot.com lists all the oink.bull.shit.xsa type domains as scams that're all run by the same shitty dude in Germany.

Its the topic in the IRC room as well, so unless you like being ripped off hard, avoid that shit at all costs.

Waffles and What look pretty legit though, can't wait to see how they fare.