Oink shut down

Westbrook

The Pirate Bay to bring back oink as boink.cd

http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-to-bring-back-oink-071026/

October 26, 2007 The Pirate Bay is currently working on an OiNK replacement in an attempt to bring the hundreds of thousands of music albums back online that disappeared during the raid. The replacement will be released within a week and on the BOiNK.cd domain.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also from torrentfreak.com:

Yesterday, in the wake of the OiNK takedown, we made a report about possible action against Norwegian BitTorrent trackers. In it we revealed that a tipoff suggested that the OiNK database had been equipped with a ’self-destruct’ mechanism and was also encrypted.

‘OiNK’ himself participated in a short Q&A and the truth is that this is not the case. Here is a rundown of the salient points:

The raid was completely unexpected and came with no warning at all but steps had already been taken to protect the users. Although there was no ’self-destruct’ or encryption according to OiNK, “the logs we store aren’t enough to incriminate users.” This will come as a huge relief to ex-members of OiNK.

I seriously doubt that they will be going after individual users. If you look at all the ratios, most of them are below zero (at least in my case) so that means you didn't even upload an entire item for 100%, unless you created and uploaded the torrent yourself as initial seeder. However, I wonder what they're going to do about the people who have been top-seeders and torrent creators. They have been banging on about OiNK being a 'pre-release site' so they must be interested in nailing some of the members responsible for leaking releases. The question remains whether they can make anything stick. I for one am not at all worried. Shame about my ratio though.. :[

so boink and libble are (hopefully) going to be oink replacements?

Yes. I got an email from a friend who's well informed and he said next week after the The Oil of the 21st Century conference the site will go up. It's not an oink project so it will depend on oink users to upload back their torrents. Pirate Bay has more secure servers so hopefully it will last longer.

Another advantage of OiNK was that they removed inactive torrents. I've never found a download that wouldn't complete or took too long.

Will we be needing Pirate Bay accounts for that BOiNK project or will it be open for everyone?

what did you guys usually download?

im a 320 mp3 kind of guy. VBR and shit was always bad quality for some reason.

i did download a shoddy version of "some one to call my lover" by janet jackson though. just because it wasnt available in any other version.

Back on the road again

Feeling kinda lonely and

Looking for the right guy to be mine...................

V0, 192

i prefer quantity over superquality.

bulkdownloadsss!

as long as there's no hissing and crackling i'm good.

only grabbed 320, or even lossless, for albums i really liked.

Same here.

Besides, there is a debate on whether people can actually distinguish >192kbps quality. I've hear 128kbit that sounded fine and 320kbit that sounded awful, so bitrate isn't everything.

I'm using Soulseek again.. I find it the best of all non-torrent solutions.

Same here.

Besides, there is a debate on whether people can actually distinguish >192kbps quality. I've hear 128kbit that sounded fine and 320kbit that sounded awful, so bitrate isn't everything.

Soulseek is a pain in the ass on OS X. The tracker I used to use required some unusual OS X developer kit that I can't find anymore, and I have yet to find one I enjoy using.

Anyone know of a decent one?

Superfuture soulseek channel?

Same here.

Soulseek was great, but now it's a pain in the ass on OS X. The tracker I used to use required some unusual OS X developer kit that I can't find anymore, and I have yet to find one I enjoy using.

Anyone know of a decent one?

Superfuture soulseek channel?