Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

beatle, those are cool comparison pics. that made me go through a bunch of my jeans. i guess since i don't own any heavy-ounce jeans, none of them went the distance samurai did with crotch stitchings. but even among my collection (eternal 811, full count 1108, 45rpm umii, etc.) sufu660's crotch stitchings do look like one of the weakest ones. out of all my jeans, sufu660's crotch stitchings looked the closest to, you guessed it, vintage levi's.

this whole saga reminds me of when i bought buzz rickson's ma-1, and the repro crown zip came apart after just few wears. sometimes, they try to reproduce things too faithfully, even the unwanted qualities.

the bottom line is, these jeans don't look like they were designed to be worn sufu tight. if you're going to do it or are doing it, preventative measures are definitely in order.

hey chicken, i was saying that since they designed a pair of jeans with superfuture in the name, it was assumed they would be going for the superfuture fit, which is demonstrated above by chattypuma.

i was thinking of the same thing. it is quite ironic that sufu660 cannot be worn sufu style. :(

You guys can continue to justify quality issues by blaming sizing down, but at the end of the day that's just making excuses. Let's not forget that other people size down on other jeans that are workwear inspired everyday, just look at the samurai thread. Or hell, look at the fit thread, does anybody buy their true size?

But...

Lets not forget that these jeans were actually meant to be sized down. The waist is 2 sizes two big, which means that to get your real waist size, you need to size down two.

That's basically APC sizing. If you are a 32 and bought a 32, you actually ended up with a 34. So to get a real 32 you needed a 30.

It's all in the BIG sizing chart.

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=3062&category_id=&manufacturer_id=4&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

But again, let's not forget that these jeans are 66 levi's repros. The tightest of all the repros. If jeans can't be worn slim than no repros can be worn slim...right???

http://www.thereeler.com/images/magnificent7.jpg <===who ever wanted to see tight repros

Soon enough we will begin to see the rest of the jeans self destroy. But in the mean time.

Let's put an end to this sizing down myth.

Has anybody who did not size down more than one had ANY construction issues ????

Let's put an end to this sizing down myth.

Has anybody who did not size down more than one had ANY construction issues ????

I was really paranoid at first that I was going to blow the crotch or pop a button, but a week away from two months of wear, the only issue I've had is a few of the stitches on the crotch breaking. Hearing all these horror stories, and seeing pics, I will say that I'm still afraid that something might happen. But so far, they're fine.

My true waist is 38, and I bought a tagged 38, which shrunk to about 38.25~38.5.

i sized down one and there are no problems except a couple lose threads on the pockets but that happens with all japanese denim...i love my pair..btw i think sizing down one and giving it a few washes is the perfect slim fit for these jeans...i dont think pumas jeans are meant to be worn that tight (and they dont look good) and im not surprised he has construction issues

Here are mine, I'm wearing them only 50%. I picked up a pair of the SF x 5EP a couple weeks before and thought it'd be interesting to switch on a daily basis and see how they both turn out in a year.

Anyway, not much of a fade yet but you can see how things are going to develop on the lap.

sufu660010508fh5.th.jpg

look at beatle she's got us all inspecting the crotches on our jeans.

my eternals and skulls have one line of chanstiching, then the regular stitching to hold the seam together during construction. Interestingly my cheapest pair, lvc 47, have the stitching just like the sams, two rows of chainstitch.

and about the sizing: the 660's are not meant to be sized down two because they're made to wear low on the hips, which will be bigger than the waist.

You guys can continue to justify quality issues by blaming sizing down, but at the end of the day that's just making excuses. Let's not forget that other people size down on other jeans that are workwear inspired everyday...

This is not the first time people get confused about quality and durability. Who would size down on workwear anyways? :)

Lets not forget that these jeans were actually meant to be sized down. The waist is 2 sizes two big, which means that to get your real waist size, you need to size down two.

That's basically APC sizing. If you are a 32 and bought a 32, you actually ended up with a 34. So to get a real 32 you needed a 30.

It has nothing to do with "sizing down" and more to do with fit and tightness.

I sized down one (sz 29) and the threading came loose on the crotch within a month. These have probably stretched since I shrunk them, but the waist on mine is still quite comfortable. Not tight at all. My RRDS (sz 29) and my Samurai 0500xx (sz 29) fit slimmer, and I've had no problems with either of those.

I think either there is an issue with quality control or the construction of the crotches on these jeans is generally not so good. I'm leaning towards the first, since some people haven't had any problems and other folks have. If that's the case, just chill out. People have the right to complain if the construction of their jeans isn't good. For the most part these jeans are wonderful, and I think everyone should have positive feelings about the contest in general, but no matter how much anyone paid (tyson, I really didn't understand your argument), those of us who have had construction problems have the right to complain. That being said, there isn't really anything we can do about it now. It's not like we can all get refunds or like we can all get new jeans (I don't want new jeans anyways).

mlu- my argument was simply this: first, we should be happy that BiG has given us all the chance to own a pair of quality jeans for $145; and second, that it is not fair to compare apples and oranges, viz., the construction of a $285 dollar pair of jeans with a $145 dollar pair. how that is not clear is beyond me -- no offense of course :)

rnr- so what is the distinction between sizing down and fit and tightness?

^

yes beatle i am aware of that. but you still can't compare the two, at least in terms of construction. i mean, it would be like comparing an audi with a porsche. they both have four wheel, they both are german, but there not quite the same thing. if the contest jeans were the same price as the samurai's than you would have a valid argument.

I was more talking about this tv analogy:

lets take your tv example, for instance. say i bought the same tv for 34% more than what you did, which is actually the difference in price between the contest jeans and the 660's. then assume my tv had 13 dead pixels after one month and you had only 3. do i have any more right to bitch than you do because i had a greater number of problems than you? is my tv of better quality because i paid more? of course not because there the same thing. i would just feel like more of an idiot because i paid more. you follow?

I understand you're apples to oranges argument. You're saying that it's not fair to compare the 660s to more expensive premium jeans(apples to oranges), but that doesn't change the fact that these are $220 jeans. In the case above, if you paid 34% more and you had more problems, you would have a right to complain. If I paid 34% less than you, and I had the problems you had, I'd have the right to complain. We'd both have the right to complain because we both own the same tv, a tv worth the full price (whatever you paid), though I bought it for less. And this point is important, because it means we're not really compairing a $285 apple to a $145 orange, but rather a $285 apple to a $220 orange.

I think this discussion is getting a bit silly, but I think it'd be sillier to say that no one has a right to complain or that we're seeing these problems because these jeans were "only" $145. Most people would still consider $145 a lot to spend on jeans, and most people would be bothered if the stitching along the inseam of their jeans came un-done even if the jeans were $40 or $50.

Actually, the regular price is more like $120 when the contest started, but since the dollar is weak it is now closer to $145. you guys got japan retail, the jeans are not even close to $220. That's just BIG's price, and even with a proxy the price just wouldn't come out to $220, it would be more like $160-180 or something.

http://item.rakuten.co.jp/hinoya/660_wa/

It has nothing to do with "sizing down" and more to do with fit and tightness.

So how do you adquire this "fit and tightness" you speak off?

I think this discussion is getting a bit silly, but I think it'd be sillier to say that no one has a right to complain or that we're seeing these problems because these jeans were "only" $145. Most people would still consider $145 a lot to spend on jeans, and most people would be bothered if the stitching along the inseam of their jeans came un-done even if the jeans were $40 or $50.

Quoted for truth.

I was more talking about this tv analogy:

I understand you're apples to oranges argument. You're saying that it's not fair to compare the 660s to more expensive premium jeans(apples to oranges), but that doesn't change the fact that these are $220 jeans. In the case above, if you paid 34% more and you had more problems, you would have a right to complain. If I paid 34% less than you, and I had the problems you had, I'd have the right to complain. We'd both have the right to complain because we both own the same tv, a tv worth the full price (whatever you paid), though I bought it for less. And this point is important, because it means we're not really compairing a $285 apple to a $145 orange, but rather a $285 apple to a $220 orange.

I said the same shit last page, but i think tyson is working for warehouse or getting free jeans from them or something :D

How many washes in are people? I think I'm about 5 or 6 and they seem way supersoft. They barely feel like denim.

Not complaining.. I still love them.