Warehouse Denim Contest [pics and discussion]

cheep

Mmm, APCxNikes, nice. Don't suppose you know where to get a pair in size 10?

BTW, how are these doing on bleeding for you? I wore mine with white Jordans today to try and gauge how much they bleed, and they seemed to do pretty well on not leaving marks.

I got mine from some guy ont he marketplace. They are pretty sexyyyy. And yeah, I actually got a size 10 from him. He might have a few pairs left, he was selling a bunch.

As far as bleeding, I can't tell on my APCxNikes, but they bleed a lot of my white Asics.

After the soak, my buttons rusted a little bit. I don't know about you guys, but i don't want rust anywhere near my skin. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

a scalpel?

oh you mean the rust. um, are you allergic to iron oxide?

you could try Bar Keeper's Friend, should be relatively safe for skin and cotton. DISCLAIMER: I never tried it on clothing. I do not take responsibility for your results.

After the soak, my buttons rusted a little bit. I don't know about you guys, but i don't want rust anywhere near my skin. Any suggestions on how to remove it?

i heard of a story of ppl using coke a cola to rub on parts of rusty bumper to remove the rust. maybe some coke on a rag and some heavy rubbing ? dunno how this will afffect your clothing i also take no responsibility !

I too don't like rust and that is the reason I will be voting for Giuliani, because he is leading the fight against rust and all its allies. If rust can sneak into my jeans, then it can definitely fly a plane into some buildings.

yeah.. there's rust on my buttons, too. i can't remember if they were on there before i soaked them though.... i don't mind it really. it doesn't touch my skin because i have a layer of what's called "underwear" between me and my jeans. have you heard of underwear? it's a great product that was invented by a man named dr. anderwar

I haven't had much time for sufu late, so is it too late to get into this contest? I began wearing my jeans yesterday, after forgetting about my jeans. They were soaking for nearly 2 days straight, and now all the hardware is rusted to shit.

I don't have any pictures right now for the contest.

Start date: 11/13/07

Contestant # 72

I haven't had much time for sufu late, so is it too late to get into this contest? I began wearing my jeans yesterday, after forgetting about my jeans. They were soaking for nearly 2 days straight, and now all the hardware is rusted to shit.

Two days?? Awesome. Now that's gotta get maximum shrinkage.

Guest El Salvador

I really like these jeans. Some fit pics of my pair:

Image137.jpg

Image135.jpg

Image134.jpg

I did a 10 hrs overnight soak, let them hang dry, did a hot machine wash at 60 degrees and let them hang dry again. I think most of the shrinkage is out of the way. As most of you have already experienced, the patch already got messed up a bit unfortunately. My pair was not hemmed btw.

size 29:

inseam 35"

thigh 10.8"

hem 7.65

waist 31"

I came from a size 33 New Standards to size 34 in the SuFu x warehouse 660's.

The fit on me is a lot better. The thigh area looks 100x better, which could possible be attributed to the up a size but I wouldn't bet on that. Also, the pockets (both front and rear) are much bigger than my New Standards pockets.

Silhouette of SUFU 660 is similar to 'A.P.C. new standard'.

How do you like it? Is there anybody who compared with their owned jeans?

Comparing my six month, size 30 SDA 103s to my two day, size 28 660s:

Rise: Almost identical, both are low rise.

Thigh / Knee / Hem: 660s are cut wider throughout with no taper. 103s are a bit slimmer in the thigh, and taper below the knee.

Hardware: 660s have a more vintage feel since the rivets start to rust after a wash / soak, but the hardware feels very cheap compared to the 103's hardware.

Pockets: Back pockets are very similar in size and shape, with the 660 back pockets being a little bit bigger. For the front pockets, the material used for the 103s are much thicker and sturdier. The front pockets on the 660s are cut a little smaller.

Stitching / miscellanous: In some areas, like along the inside of the waist band (line 7 stitch?), the stitching of the 660s is much thicker and 'rugged.' So far, I haven't had any stitching issues with the 660s like some other people have had.

Denim: 660 denim is definitely more slubby / uneven, as well as rougher feeling. Both 660 and 103 denim feel dense, and both are hairy (660 a bit more). The 660 denim seems to have a purple cast, where as the 103 denim seems to have a slight green cast (at least to me there seems to be a green cast).

Had to sew mines yesterday. These things fade quick! Should be interesting.

no joke. reapired front pocket stitching already and both hems before they get out of hand. "Fades quick", doesn't describe it enough.