Diesel DDG Thanaz

matrix7583

i actually i think owned this same pair sort of before i ever read superfuture, last winter, all i know is the 2% stretch and the sizing, these things stretched out over 3 inches to unwearable and i didn't even size down, the cut was pretty good though, and those look really light colored, mine were rigid and alot darker than that(i washed them the first week, soft after that, denim newb days)

i'd say its one of the better cuts for those type of brands

i actually i think owned this same pair sort of before i ever read superfuture, last winter, all i know is the 2% stretch and the sizing, these things stretched out over 3 inches to unwearable and i didn't even size down, the cut was pretty good though, and those look really light colored, mine were rigid and alot darker than that(i washed them the first week, soft after that, denim newb days)

i'd say its one of the better cuts for those type of brands

you most likely owned thanaz 8aa, not the raw DDG version. not even close to the same thing. the ones you had were not raw.

and i honestly think you can compare the DDG stuff to just about anything in terms od quality. feel free to hate because i know diesel isn't popular here, but the denim gallery editions really do use top quality denims and materials. they are all handmade and usually less than 200 pairs of each model are ever even made. there is a reason they usually cost close to $600.

i really wanted a pair of these, but only 2 pairs were made in my size and i missed out...

In terms of the price thing - you should note that I think the guy who mentioned that it's a steal WORKS at the diesel denim gallery, so I'm not sure you should take that part of the statement at face value. :)

I've been to the DDG many times and some of their DDG-line jeans are of extremely high quality including selvage super nice denim and details etc. If these are raw jeans from the DDG line I'd be surprised if they were anything less than excellent denim. Anyways I'm probably going to be down there this weekend wearing my sammies so I can do a side-by-side. heh

Nothing in those pictures leads me to believe these are quality jeans. I see no inspired design, nothing in the denim looks great (although pics don't always convey this), there is a hideous button (rivet?) on the crotch, zipper fly with plastic? button closure, possibly plastic rivets, ugly leather patch and boring black stitching.

Nevertheless I would be mildly interested to hear your opinions of them in person.

Nothing in those pictures leads me to believe these are quality jeans. I see no inspired design, nothing in the denim looks great (although pics don't always convey this), there is a hideous button (rivet?) on the crotch, zipper fly with plastic? button closure, possibly plastic rivets, ugly leather patch and boring black stitching.

Nevertheless I would be mildly interested to hear your opinions of them in person.

No inspired design? The entire cut itself is a design. Diesel Thanaz is a fashion jean unlike everything worn here. Boring black stiching? Show me some sticthing that doesnt look boring. And diesel uses lampro zippers which are some of the best zippers on the market.

Diesel shouldnt be compared here since its a completly different denim world. Those here saying Diesel is crap shouldnt be saying that since they don't wear or have any experience with it.

Diesel is for fashion, not for "Denim Evolution"

Diesel were one of the pioneers of selvage denim and did a lot to popularise it. Adrian Golschmied, who set up the Diesel group, is regarded by many gurus as one of the chief architects of today's denim market (he also backed Evis in the early days).

personally, last time I checked out their range I thought they seemed long past the peak of their inspiration, but I haven't checked out their store recently, and reckon I'll do so now I've seen this.

No inspired design? The entire cut itself is a design. Diesel Thanaz is a fashion jean unlike everything worn here. Boring black stiching? Show me some sticthing that doesnt look boring. And diesel uses lampro zippers which are some of the best zippers on the market.

Diesel shouldnt be compared here since its a completly different denim world. Those here saying Diesel is crap shouldnt be saying that since they don't wear or have any experience with it.

Diesel is for fashion, not for "Denim Evolution"

First, I am not trying to get in a flame war. I appreciate that you have brand loyalty (or work for the company), but I think you miss the point here entirely. SuFu is pretty much divided into the people who love quality jeans in the repro tradition, and people who like a 'fashion' jeans that are also quality if not quite as nice. The former would have nothing to do with these jeans on principle and the latter would be much more likely to pick Dior over Diesel (at about the same price too!).

There is no "different denim world"; by the fact that these are jeans they will be compared with other jeans. You don't post these on a forum about denim to say that they cannot be compared with other denim.

Props to Diesel for using quality zippers, I personally dislike zippers on jeans but others disagree, it is merely preference. The button still irks me. After experiencing iron buttons on jeans I cannot think anything else could be nicer/sturdier.

Stitching might also be a matter of preference but I think contrast stitching is much more appealing than the bland stitching on these. To think that the color of the thread has nothing to do with design shows that you do not think the same way we do about jeans.

I think quite a few people here have experience with this brand, as stated by some above, and have various opinions. A comparison of these to Samurai jeans would be quite educational, or perhaps to the 45rpm jeans mentioned in the first post.

Perhaps this is a wasted effort and you are in fact a troll trying to push your product into a wealthy market, in which case you should go elsewhere and spam.

/rant

diesel denim gallery is the high end ones if im not mistaken? when i was in barcelona i saw some that were really nice, nicer than the nudies i had just bought, but they did retail at 300 euros. so yes i do think that diesel can be good but damn its a really high price point for what they are. just my 2cents

diesel denim gallery is the high end ones if im not mistaken? when i was in barcelona i saw some that were really nice, nicer than the nudies i had just bought, but they did retail at 300 euros. so yes i do think that diesel can be good but damn its a really high price point for what they are. just my 2cents

yeah DDG is the upper end of diesel. I'm with paul_T on this. people who are new to premium denim possibly can't remember a time before superfuture and diesel was a premium product. They look nice from the pic, and i'm sure they have their place with some people's style.

to cali. it is a rivet.

Damnit, I forgot how much that place hurts my head.

While they're definitely the nicest Diesels I've seen, that's not too surprising, since they don't look like Diesels. They just look like an attempt at sufu-popular denim, actually. And for that price-point you could either go one way on the scale and grab a pair of Diors, or the other way and get a nice pair of repros. These just look... boring.

I don't mean on the crotch; I have never seen one to the side of the J stitch They are usually below the fly.

It looks like a Marilyn Monroe beauty mark.

Once upon a time, I really liked Diesel's clothing...when they were still made with quality and care, but I also had the same brand loyalty with a lot of companies who's mass market approach has lowered the overall quality of their product. Even if other companies like Rock & Republic and Seven came out with handmade, premium denim lines, I still wouldn't bother because the approach to their other lines has lowered their brand image in my eyes.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

It looks like a Marilyn Monroe beauty mark.

Once upon a time, I really liked Diesel's clothing...when they were still made with quality and care, but I also had the same brand loyalty with a lot of companies who's mass market approach has lowered the overall quality of their product. Even if other companies like Rock & Republic and Seven came out with handmade, premium denim lines, I still wouldn't bother because the approach to their other lines has lowered their brand image in my eyes.

Just my 2 cents. ;)

I agree, I really liked diesel a few years ago in the 03 and 04 period. Personly, I hate them now but I still don't go around dissing them just because they are Diesel. I feel like now Diesel has gone a bit down hill but thats just my opinion.