The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Alrighty, here are my Imperial Kings, purchased about 8-9 months ago. They've been washed 3 times cold, 1 time hot and soaked once. I wear these just about every day without fail and I'm fairly abusive to them.There's a little blowout from the outdoors shots, but the ones wear I'm wearing them are pretty true to color.

Front:

1.jpg

Back:

2-1.jpg

Lap:

3-1.jpg

Detail on heel repair:

4.jpg

My ridiculously awesome patch:

5.jpg

Pocket fade right:

6-1.jpg

Pocket fade left:

7.jpg

Crotch hole/repair:

8.jpg

Front:

10.jpg

Back:

12.jpg

*whoops*

occupational hazard, thats what caused my knees to be like that, i have to kneel alot at work n its all on cement grounds,

i happen to have uses for pockets,

n no my frens don't play shit games like spin the **ckin bottle,

no i didn't starch them, don't know how to n too lazy,

i did pull the openings to my knees coz i hate it when i can't see what i'm lacing up,

diewhitegirls;

everything looks good, just the patch looks a lil off...

good work!

how did u wash em?

thinkin if i should wash mine..

occupational hazard, thats what caused my knees to be like that, i have to kneel alot at work n its all on cement grounds,

i happen to have uses for pockets,

n no my frens don't play shit games like spin the **ckin bottle,

no i didn't starch them, don't know how to n too lazy,

i did pull the openings to my knees coz i hate it when i can't see what i'm lacing up,

diewhitegirls;

everything looks good, just the patch looks a lil off...

good work!

how did u wash em?

thinkin if i should wash mine..

The patch is a little screwy, but I <3 it. I just tossed mine in the washing machine with all of my old jeans and put them through a normal cycle. I've given up on getting fancy with rinsing them in the sea and cold soaking them in baby urine. At the end of the day I realized that they're just jeans.

The patch is a little screwy, but I <3 it. I just tossed mine in the washing machine with all of my old jeans and put them through a normal cycle. I've given up on getting fancy with rinsing them in the sea and cold soaking them in baby urine. At the end of the day I realized that they're just jeans.

so how do i prevent them from NOT shrinking?....

lol, i'll def wash them just don't know when though, thanx....

lol, i'll def wash them just don't know when though, thanx....

Probably better to wash sooner than later. The longer you go without washing, the more brittle the denim will get. Since you've got a lot of stacking / combs going on, you're bound to get some ugly cracks and tears in there if you hold off on washing for a long time. And if you've noticed in the evo thread, the nicest imperials have been the ones that have been washed after reasonable periods of time (serge, choicegenes, diewhitegirls, etc)...

so how do i prevent them from NOT shrinking?....

I believe you have to pull the cock out of your ass first, but that's just off the top of my head. Then, through a 57 step process, involving a working knowledge of quantum mechanics, a rubber band, and a player to be named later, you can achieve maximum non shrinkage.

Oh and Ande...I plan on leaving the patch alone on your jeans. I've been kind to them so far, as every pair of jeans I've gotten kid pee and poop on. Yours are going to be my pristine pair. :D

I washed my oni blues and apc rescues yesterday, and here are the results. I dont see that much of a change on the onis, but the I really like how the apcs came out. Its too bad I didnt take before pictures of them.

Please excuse the cellphone pics, my digital camera is broken.

Oni Blue Vedge @~6 months of wear 1 hot soak before this wash

Before

08012007003ac3.jpg

08012007004xs9.jpg

08012007xj3.jpg

After

08022007001hv2.jpg

08022007003xh4.jpg

08022007004bl7.jpg

APC Rescues @ ~7-8 months of wear 2 warm soaks 2 washes including this one

08022007005ca0.jpg

08022007006ob3.jpg

08022007007xm5.jpg

08022007009vo9.jpg

Used one of the few decent days here since April as an excuse to take some shots of my Skull 5508s.

todaskull002kg1.jpg

img0021cr4.jpg

img0020my1.jpg

todaskull005id2.jpg

todaskull004le8.jpg

~2.5 months (I think)

Not nearly as impressive as some of the others I've seen here but this is the evolution thread.