The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

quick update:

i dont remember exactly but i believe this was the wear/wash cycle.

PBJ 005 Black: Initial hot soak/hang dry, 4 months, hot wash/tumble dry, 2 months, hot wash/tumble dry, one month

pbj.jpg

Warehouse Contest Jeans: Initial soak/tumble dry, 3 months, hot wash/tumble dry, 3 months, hot wash/tumble dry. havent worn since.

warehouse.jpg

Ande Whall Grifters: 4 months no soaks/washes

whall.jpg

my new technique is to not wash my next raws for @least a year. im just going to soak them in boiling water to kill the germs every month or so. i want them to turn out way different than my sams. i cant wait...

Are the Ande whalls hard to break in?

i dont think so... it's hard to tell from the pictures they are a little dark, but where you see the whiskers/honeycombs is actually a lot bluer than they show.

i think if i gave them a wash at four months there would definitely be noticeable fading going on, but they dont smell at all, so i am just going to let them go until they do and then wash them.

so u remember the dirty dirt jainzzzz

DSC02014.JPG

washed them: wore them into the bathtub. warm water. soap, detergent, rinsed, wore them for about 2 hours, then let them hang outside , then wore them more, slept in them for a day.

end result:

DSC02095.JPG

DSC02096.JPG

DSC02097.JPG

DSC02098.JPG

DSC02099.JPG

DSC02100.JPG

DSC02101.JPG

DSC02102.JPG

Started wearing in march. washed once at six months (smelled too much and filthy from workin on car / transmisison swap0

finally washed again after way too much welding and grinding.

looking good, but it'd be nice to take pictures where the jeans aren't in the direct sun so that there's a little contrast to the jeans to look at.

Also, it'd be smart to start patching up your jeans if you want to keep wearing them...

So me and my girlfriend have been clearing out the basement this week and I found these that I had forgot all about. I guess I wore these when I was 14 to 15, back in 1993 -1994 . These were my favourite jeans back then... Propably washed a little more often than needed :)

2981176588_828966a825.jpg2980321277_d4d9b210a6.jpg

So me an dmy girlfriend have been clearing out the basement this week and I found these that I had forgot all about. I guess I wore these when I was 14 to 15. These were my favourite jeans back then... Propably washed a little more often than needed :)

2981176588_828966a825.jpg2980321277_d4d9b210a6.jpg

This is one crazy coincidence. Yesterday there was this lil' guy in the grocery store, 'bout 14 years old or something wearin' this jean model. He had some of the sickest fades I've ever seen on a pair of blue jeans, 'bout the same level of fading as Brad Davis and his friend in Midnight Express.

vlcsnap285232ar9.png

even back then, you could see David's potential for wrecking jeans...

old habits die hard...cant rep, you know the drill.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to lilldavid again