The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Hey guys. Sorry to shit up this thread, but I realized before I dropped cash for my first over-the-50-dollar-threshold pair of denim, I had these slim straight 514 Levi's chillin. At size 28, they stretched considerably, and it was washed without much thought. I'd say about anywhere from 10-15 times within a 7 month span.

It was worn for normal activities, had a lot of spilt food and stains. I went skateboarding with it (and it was my first time skateboarding so I fell a lot), and also worked at Trader Joe's in Manhattan too. Lots of heavy lifting, kneeling, safety cutters in my pocket, etc. After a rigorous 6-7 months, I had put them to rest. I didn't even notice how much they've changed... but here they are.

levi_01.jpg

levi_02.jpg

levi_03.jpg

levi_04.jpg

levi_05.jpg

levi_06.jpg

levi_07.jpg

you can tell by the distressing that they aren't, but the combs look real enough to me, and the jeans are beautifully beat up.

sidney - i can't wait to see you wear in that pair of FH3001!

Hey, can you tell if the distressing is pre-made? Or is it just how it distresses you can tell it's not of a certain fabrication? I hella don't remember if they actually were plain or with the fake distressing when I first bought them... I think it was the former.

The funny thing is I didn't notice how beat they were until now--since I have all these pristine jeans. What's the deal?