The Evolution of Jeans: Pictures, Scones and Tea

Guest bed

Found these at a thrift for 10 bucks Levis Selvedge Offenders. have no idea how old they are, but it looked like it had been washed maybe twice when i first got it

DSC02287.jpg

yeah i dont know where my camera is right now so i havent been able to take a good picture of these.

are those just the normal STF? did you get them when they were still selvedge? my brother has a pair for his first pair of raw denim and i'm trying to gauge if it's worth it to get him a new pair or something nicer for christmas or not

yup, just plain jane STF, no selvadge unfortunately.

I was too poor back then to invest in some good jeans, but I think these turned out alright.

Wanted to see if they passes the Supertalk test or not, though hahaha.

my three choices right now are LVC 501 selvadge, Samurai or Sugarcane.

I'm trying to decide which of the three to go with.

that's kind of a big price difference for your next choice. I have the LVC 47's and the Sugarcane 47's, and they are both pretty sick. The LVC's are a more lightweight denim since they are true to the original 12.5 oz, but they are a slimmer cut than the Cane 47's even though they're supposed to be the same. I woud reccomend the canes and sizing down, since the denim is definitely nicer feeling just to the touch. But, if you like the all-american authenticity of real Levis, you should go with the LVC. either way you won't be dissapointed. Or of course, samurai's which i have no experience with.

yeah, i have those, except mine are a little older so they have the back pocket arctuates. The lack of arctuates is a new detail that is necessary because of Levis threatening to litigate when Sugarcane started moving into the UK and US markets more aggressively. They have more info on it in the Sugarcane denim thread.

for broken glass

diesel rabox 80Q aftr 2 years and nikkis at 6 months (4 months ago)

1001739eh2.jpg

these diesels were tough as hell. had a resin treatment of some kind. the crotch finally gave way after 2 years of skating in them. repaired them and havent worn them much since. testiment that diesel does make some quality denim.

mickawes, got any pics of those ewdins on ye?

Go here:

http://www.superfuture.com/supertalk/showpost.php?p=203599&postcount=12043

Just posted this in the WAYWT thread.

And brokenglass, dont worry man, they are for warm weather only! Just conditioned the leather too, its soft as butter now!