Geometrics of backpockets: their size and location and the search for the perfect ass

revoked

First off, let me apologize if this topic has been discussed before. I realize how annoying it gets when guys with <10 posts create new threads on topics beaten to death. I, however, could not find a thread on this said subject. If there is indeed a previous thread on this, please lock and redirect me.

Secondly, let me apologize if I'm stating the obvious. Although I feel as if I am, I'd like to get a discussion on this subject going.

Now onto the real discussion!

I am obsessed with how my ass fits in jeans. To me, the ass is the quintessential component to the perfect fit that imo many look over.

Now, after much research (countless hours on waywt :D) I realized that the backpockets of jeans play a large role in determining how the wearer's ass looks.

It has come to my conclusion both the size of the backpockets, as well as their location makes a difference.

Here are some pictures to demonstrate.

Tragicbliss' ass. (Hope he doesn't mind.)

apcnewstandard01.jpg

dior21year010.jpg

Now, I know that being thin helps, and I'm positive that has lots to do with how the jeans looks on him. But also, the space in between the pockets as well as the size of the actual pockets is smaller.

Here is my 2nd Example.

slimjimla5.jpg

Notice his legs. He's also a thin guy. But his butt looks huuuge.Why? I think a slight sag would help, but more than that, look at the space in between the pockets. If the pockets were spaced closer together, I think it would look infinitly better.

Here's another example of an illusion of a pudgy ass on a small guy.

diorwashed2.jpg

He's obviously thin from his legs, but look at that badonkadonk! Is it just me or does his butt look soooo bad in these jeans? It looks like his cellphone and wallet has made the denim in between his pockets stretch out to a point where it makes it look like his butt's out of porportion.

Discuss!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

are you a fucking girl? jesus man sorry to hate like this but most of us dont really care about the ass fit on jeans ( im not sure) and yeah pls put no homo after a super homo post fuck it!

Wait, but the space between the pockets between the first and last guy would be the same since they're wearing the same pair of jeans, yeah? I mean, perhaps some stretch, but obviously this has far more to do with how much the jeans are sagged / how skinny the person wearing them is.

Also, this thread is ridiculous.

dude, size down that ass, it's so damn big!

Although I realize this is the gayest thread, ever... I am aware of my ass when I put on jeans, however, I'm not aware of other men's asses... I just like to look decent (ya know, for the ladies...)

I think pockets play a role, but moreso I think cut is a huge factor.

I think this is a good question. You mean you spent $200 on your jeans and you didn't even consider what your ass looked like in them? I find that a little hard to believe.

I usually switch between 2 pairs of jeans - APC NS and KMW Rockers. The APC pockets are smaller (about 6"w x 6"h) and higher from waistband (about 5" down). The KMW's pockets are bigger (about 7"w x 6.5"h) and lower from the waistband (about 6.5" down).

The KMWs suggest a lengthened look, while the APC do the opposite. Obviously this will alter the appearance of the body underneath.

Anybody else have an experience to share?

I never cared about what my ass looked like in jeans because everyone told me I didn't have one...until I got my Samurai Jin's. I guess Lee cowboy jeans had the back pockets spaced further apart for horse-riding comfort...but they actually give me a booty!

And what the fuck is wrong with a gay post? You guys all comment about how jeans fit on other dudes all the time...the only ones who are uncomfortable with talking about it are the ones that are uncomfortable themselves.

homo

are you a fucking girl? jesus man sorry to hate like this but most of us dont really care about the ass fit on jeans ( im not sure) and yeah pls put no homo after a super homo post fuck it!

Oh come on, man. This is a fashion forum, where I would think most of us are concerned with our appearance. What do we all want? A nice fit. If it fits nice throughout the legs but gives you a ridiculous looking ass, I don't consider it a nice fit.

I hate when guys try to look "sexy" in jeans... everyone should be wearing 501 33s for the diaper look.

I understood "sexy" as in... the way Diesel or celebrity brands try to market their jeans. No, that's not the look I'm after. I'm trying to look... well, good. Or my perception of good.

dude, size down that ass, it's so damn big!

Although I realize this is the gayest thread, ever... I am aware of my ass when I put on jeans, however, I'm not aware of other men's asses... I just like to look decent (ya know, for the ladies...)

I think pockets play a role, but moreso I think cut is a huge factor.

Yeah, that's the main reason I'm obsessed with finding something that looks good on the bum... to look decent.

I think this is a good question. You mean you spent $200 on your jeans and you didn't even consider what your ass looked like in them? I find that a little hard to believe.

I usually switch between 2 pairs of jeans - APC NS and KMW Rockers. The APC pockets are smaller (about 6"w x 6"h) and higher from waistband (about 5" down). The KMW's pockets are bigger (about 7"w x 6.5"h) and lower from the waistband (about 6.5" down).

The KMWs suggest a lengthened look, while the APC do the opposite. Obviously this will alter the appearance of the body underneath.

Anybody else have an experience to share?

Thank you for a serious reply.

I never cared about what my ass looked like in jeans because everyone told me I didn't have one...until I got my Samurai Jin's. I guess Lee cowboy jeans had the back pockets spaced further apart for horse-riding comfort...but they actually give me a booty!

And what the fuck is wrong with a gay post? You guys all comment about how jeans fit on other dudes all the time...the only ones who are uncomfortable with talking about it are the ones that are uncomfortable themselves.

homo

Thanks for adding that last tidbit. So, c'mon guys. Get passed your homophobia, grow up a little, and contribute :(

and since it bothered you guys so much, take that first post with "no homo.". sheesh.

P.S.... I might have one of the highest neg rep to post count ratios out there.

i really had high hopes for this thread when i saw the first part of the title; i was hoping an intelligent discussion about backpockets would follow. seriously, this one had so much potential.

all thinly-veiled homosexual undertones aside, the first post was pretty mediocre and that kind of set us in a bad direction.

This thread has potential. I find it hard to believe that people have made hundreds of posts about the fit of their jeans around the thighs, lower legs, rise, etc etc have problems discussing the way back pockets affect the look of their jeans. It's a pretty fucking small step.

Anyway, IMO I've found the back pockets on my dukes (first edition, before they changed the pockets) to be slightly too large. I often think they pockets on the APCNC are a little too small. Also I found the pockets on my evisu 2000s pretty large, but it actually worked for some reason. Just some random observations for you.

This thread has potential.

IMO I've found the back pockets on my dukes (first edition, before they changed the pockets) to be slightly too large.

I totally agree that the pockets on dukes are too large. I love CM pockets when they are sagged. looks awesome.

Edmond, you should be the last person flaming anyone about anything on this board.

I haven't purchased a pair of the Jin Samurais because the pocket spacing is really far apart and makes any ass look huge.

A lot of guys are concerned about anti-fit versus fit so let's no pretend that we don't care about how our butts look.

Mine looks pretty bangin' in my S5000VXs.

I really dont think theres anything "homo" about this thread... It just bothers me when something as utilitarian as jeans is reduced to a tool to showcase the body..

tight jeans for that effect, combined with a tight tee is really tasteless imo.

I think back pockets do matter for the fit, but to me its just about it being "right", instead of my nonexistant ass to look good. I mentioned the lvc 33 as an example, cuz they are really refreshing in the way the whole fit just doesnt seem to take the body in much consideration, with widly spaced back pockets and anti -fit. They are just ment to be practical, providing movement and a usefull pocket placement.

Hm... I´m an Levis Vintage Clothig addict, my favs are the S501xx, but the fit that bad on the ass, looks like some poo came into it, I don´t care that much. In the other hand I want o look good in jeans, especially for the girls and I don´t want them to think that me got a fat ass, so I usually don´t buy jeans with bad ass cuts, only with LVCs I don´t care, because they are authentic that way... btw. REVOKE! the NUDIE SLIM JIMs do a great as my girlfriend told me ;)