Geometrics of backpockets: their size and location and the search for the perfect ass

revoked

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe your even posting on here if that's your opinion.

I'd expect someone to have said that when people first stared wearing jeans for fashion instead of work, not in 2007 for goodness sake.

ALOT of the discussion here is around japanese repro denim, which evidently share some of my view... the fit in sense of "looking the most flattering" isnt priority in most cases.

Isn't it funny how most of us really care about how we look in denim, but we're willing to order a pair from a Japanese website for $300, crossing our fingers that they even fit, let alone look good.

Also ironic how all the guys that commented that this was a supergay post read the title, and STILL clicked on it to read it. Who's the homo anyway?

+1 for more pics of asses. :P

... IMO I've found the back pockets on my dukes (first edition, before they changed the pockets) to be slightly too large.

That's kind of interesting - I've got a pair of Kings (that I think I bought near the same time as you did), and maybe it's just because I've grown to accustomed to their pockets after wearing them so much in the last year, but I've started to think that most all other pockets seem a little small.

Case in point, bought a pair of s5000bk a couple months ago and now that the wallet fade is coming in, its pockets seem even smaller. This isn't to say that one > the other, but that I thought pocket size might be a visual preference based on the look of the jeans a person is used to.

Either that, or it might be a functional preference based on the type of wallet a person uses.

Oh, and:

Edmond, you should be the last person flaming anyone about anything on this board.

quoted for truth.

I really love the back pockets on my Crate James, but I can't stand the mini pocket that sits inside the back left pocket. It just creates a retarded looking fade and throws off the balance when I have my wallet in my back right pocket. I really do love the little thumb holes though, they're pretty comfortable.

I really dont think theres anything "homo" about this thread... It just bothers me when something as utilitarian as jeans is reduced to a tool to showcase the body..

tight jeans for that effect, combined with a tight tee is really tasteless imo.

I think back pockets do matter for the fit, but to me its just about it being "right", instead of my nonexistant ass to look good. I mentioned the lvc 33 as an example, cuz they are really refreshing in the way the whole fit just doesnt seem to take the body in much consideration, with widly spaced back pockets and anti -fit. They are just ment to be practical, providing movement and a usefull pocket placement.

Clothes in general are meant to be practical and utilitarian, but is this post a joke? clothes are also one of the main tools for showcasing the body in one way or another

this is a fashion forum

you may wear jeans that fit loose and shapelessly, but many, if not most, of the people here do wear fitted denim, a good number with outstanding results

SERIOUS REPLY ALERT

This is something I think about. The only thing keeping me from being 100% sure I'd like a pair of Imperial Dukes is how long/low the back pockets are.

BONUS ASS PIC

banginox7.jpg

These are my APC new cures. The vertical positioning of the pockets is perfect but they're clearly too far apart.I'm a scrawny dude and it just doesn't look good, I don't think.

Let's get this topic on track, homies. Enough with the OMG GAY bs.

ps not gay no takebacks

This is something I think about. The only thing keeping me from being 100% sure I'd like a pair of Imperial Dukes is how long/low the back pockets are.

Yeah, that's what ruins them for me. When the pockets are long, or the fit of the jean is such that the pockets come right down onto the leg, they throw the shape completely out; you can forget about how your ass looks in that case.

I think my APC hipsters are pretty good pocket-wise. I'll post a pic when the correct size arrives.

I don't like it when the backpockets on jeans are too far apart.

Long/low backpockets are quite nice because you can give the impression of sagging but not actually showcase your boxers.

Edit: As far as SuperBobo's comment goes, I think jeans are little cooler if worn in an utilitarian manner. Jeans that are skin tight can't beat the look of a slim straight/straight cut affixed with a cool wallet chain or buckleback in my eyes.

Guest declasse

ive got the nudie even stevens. they have the looow yoke and back pockets. honestly sometimes i love the fit and sometimes i hate it. but it is definately exagerated (how low the yoke/pockets are)

Clothes in general are meant to be practical and utilitarian, but is this post a joke? clothes are also one of the main tools for showcasing the body in one way or another

this is a fashion forum

you may wear jeans that fit loose and shapelessly, but many, if not most, of the people here do wear fitted denim, a good number with outstanding results

this is a DENIM forum. Im not sure the Sugarcane 47 or Duckdigger 1920s are meant to showcase your tight ass, but I might be wrong.

Interesting enough, the ideal for fitted/skinny jeans on this forum seems to be "slouchy" and saggy, not asstight.

P.S.... I might have one of the highest neg rep to post count ratios out there.

Just so you know, revoked, no need to worry, you are a glorious beacon of light. I think you are a little wierd though, "obsess" is a really strong word, i would never be so strong about the fit of denim in general. I take most repro fit to be given and some fit great while others are more anti-fit. Rule of thumb is size down 1, you might not have the perfect ass geometrics, but you are awful close to it.

you'll have better luck with this question at styleforum

my feeling is if you're after a "sexy ass" you'd be better off with narrower back pockets such as skull or apc. samurai, eternal, sc tend to have wider back pockets and hence may not flatter the back side as well. it all depends on your build and definition of the perfect ass.

i can't stand the slouchy look. jeans should be worn at the waist as intended imo.

jeans should be worn at the waist as intended imo.

jeans should be worn tight enough to stay on the hips but loose enough to be pulled down without unbuttoning for emergencies

fyi, a lot of jeans aren't intended to be worn at the waist, such as skulls and diors which are meant to be slung lower on the hips (just compare the yoke of dior to that of a repro and you'll see a huge difference, the dior yoke is more flat whereas repros have more of a "v" shaped yoke)

fyi, a lot of jeans aren't intended to be worn at the waist, such as skulls and diors which are meant to be slung lower on the hips (just compare the yoke of dior to that of a repro and you'll see a huge difference, the dior yoke is more flat whereas repros have more of a "v" shaped yoke)

exactly... as far as i know, most, if not all, low-rise jeans are meant to be worn at the hips, not at the waist. hence, the low rise.

Braid- I'm just curious, were you able to get your PBJs all the way up to your true waist and still be comfortable? I just don't think that'd be possible for me. I don't sling my pbjs and other jeans all that low, but mainly just to the point where they're comfortable (usually on or just below the hips.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

How have I forgotten about you, ass thread? :D

To clear things up, I'm not looking for a "sexy butt." My ideal fit on jeans, for men, is something along the lines of what Hedi brought to the game. Yes, Hedi is cliche, but a skinny jean with a nice anti fit is what I call the 'perfect ass,' and I think he popularized it with his DH line.

Here are some examples:

Totally Epic

fit7zq7by9.jpg

fit4sp8iy4.jpg

6oueq0p.jpg

Nudie does it well in their ad:

nudie20jeansub7.jpg

Conclusion:

To get a fit like above, you should be a skinny mofo with good porportions more than the cut.

You can 'cheat' a little by cut... aka cuts like the thin finn.

Agree/disagree?