my first trip to Osaka...

scoon0224

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pictures are about 1 years old and of only the 3rd floor. They were quickly taken when the attendant went to get the jeans I asked for. Couldn't take pictures of any of the lower floors as they were full of people. It's ok, to me the 3rd floor holds the best stuff anyway...:-)

I didnt realize that I was 5 minutes walking distance away from Warehouse's warehouse (ummm.... )

The guy inside was kind enough to let me in. He didnt have the shop address but gave me their phone numbers. I might make a trip to see this shop.

These boots... second from the right... were fucking amazing. 50 year old deadstock. and Fit me perfectly... except for an uncomfortable lump beneath my left big toe. I dodged a $450 bullet with that... cuz prior to pulling on the left one, it was game over.

IMGP0680.jpg

#

The second pair is simply gorgeous ..any more info ??

Where I spent my evening...

IMGP0684.jpg

great - it´s the right time to be in Osaka...

anybody got a shop guide for Osaka? just moved to the area 3 weeks ago and wanted to check out some denim or streetwear shops.

specifically warehouse and evisus address?

if you go straight up hachiman street from midousuji street you'll run straight into it, i guess its the one located on yotsubashi street right?. OP said he used http://www.indigofan.com/indigofan/labels/maps.html as his map though.

anybody got a shop guide for Osaka? just moved to the area 3 weeks ago and wanted to check out some denim or streetwear shops.

specifically warehouse and evisus address?

For Evisu (I'm doing this entirely from memory)

When you come out of the Shinshaibashi Station, look for the big LV flagship store. Now with you on the same side of the road and facing it, walk towards your left. After crossing a few streets, you will see a Forty-Five R Store at a corner on your right. Turn in and walk up that alley. You will notice there are quite a few Evisu shops along that road; Evisya Tailor, Evisu Donna etc. The Evisu flagship store will be on your right, about 100m from the corner where you turned in. You might miss it as there are no bright signs of sorts.

Can't help with Warehouse sorry

I dont have experience exporting to the US so I'll have to speak to my shipping people about it.

Here it's as simple as filing a form and attaching it to the package, but I have no idea about shipping from Japan. Customs forms are free from the post office.

I'll PM you.

Beatle... if you mean the second from the left, I have no idea, except I think they were larger than the ones I tried on.

Second from the right said BFGoodrich on the sole... and were magnificent. The lump under my toe hurt my heart more than my toe (because I knew I couldn't get them or they WOULD hurt my toe)

As for warehouse... indigofan has the right building labelled (for the Kita one... the Minami one is totally accurate), but it's on the south-east corner of that building.

Justiz2 is right about Evisu... Indigofan's map takes you to one of the other 55 Evisu stores... NOT the one I was looking for. They directed me to the other ('Paint? Not zis store. Different store'), which as he said is straight north of the 45rpm store.

Here's one of my stops today...

IMGP0705.jpg

Some faded denimz... 001 on the left, 103 on the right...

IMGP0708.jpg

And they had a stack by the cash of ALL one-wash to try on... damn near every model.

And this was the nameless store in Minami (location on Indigofan was accurate, I found it easily)

And the stock was VERY impressive

IMGP0704.jpg

denim heaven right there; and to think i was in Osaka for a month this april and only made it to the Samurai shop :(

so no idea what brand those boots on the left were?

NO idea what the brand on the left were. I don't really like pre-destroyed boots, no matter how authentic (hence my immediate infatuation with the deadstock ones)

You got to the Sam shop?

THat's the only place I didn't get to go to. Had an address but it was FAR from where I was staying... so I bailed on it.

No matter, I should be back in May. Can you mark it on a map of Osaka for me? (no... seriously...)

EDIT:

Yeah it's wicked to be able to handle ALL (literally ALL) of the jeans we've talked about. Virtually the only thing I didn't get my hands on were the McCOy's, and the Samurai Blacks....

My verdict? Most were not 'special' enough to splurge on.

Ones that turned my crank:

Eternals (811 too tight... looser model was too low rise)

Okinawa (rise was just a touch too long... but might still do it)

Samurai 510XX66 (blue arcs... but raw was perfect in 33... could have used a 34 or 35 to account for shrinking)

Also tried on a few Katos at Loftman... and a pair of Gardeners? (picture regular five pocket jeans... with a wrap-around side pocket on both sides OVER the reg pockets... so a seven pocket jean)

Plus some Russell mocassins... which were slick and lovely, I liked them

i dont know if you are still there or what but if you could check out the yen jeans store. i really want to know more about the yen black label especially the natural indigo ones, those have been on my hitlist for a couple of years but i havent gotten enough info. thanks

the descriptions are awesome but the pictures are not so i really wish i could find more on it. http://www.yenjeans.net/english/label/black.html

i dont know if you are still there or what but if you could check out the yen jeans store. i really want to know more about the yen black label especially the natural indigo ones, those have been on my hitlist for a couple of years but i havent gotten enough info. thanks

contact take5 at [email protected]

adress it to benny theyll answer your queries hes a personnal friend of the yen jeans owner... he knows yen's inside and out