my first trip to Osaka...

scoon0224

Just walking upstairs at Evisu put a smile on my face.

I'm picking up my new pair of no1 2000's with black gulls in about half an hour, and picking up some with white for someone else.

A stop at 45rpm convinced me that I have to buy some Suminandos if at all possible... that Sorahiko cut simply fits me better than anything else ever. (but I already have Aihikos). nandoXnando... meh, having held them I'm unconvinced.

I'm stopping at Warehouse soon, Real McCoys...

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started shopping today, I fly out Saturday afternoon.

If I had time to allow shit to go through, I'd make some pickups... but if I make any I'm not gonna have room on my visa for my own shit.

Mcpeepants...

I made myself a map from the indigofan site. stopped at the small Warehouse store in Mimami, picked up my Evisus (black arcs... sick) drooled a bit in 45rpm... couldn't find ToysMcCoy...

And though I have Samurais ADDRESS... I have no idea how to find said address without paying a cabie to take me there.

good lord pics... my camera battery is dead... I lost the charger in singapore... need to find a Pentax charger first thing tomorrow morning...

(though the guys at Evisu might look at me funny if I roll in just for pictures... oh well...)

edit: WhereTF is the SDA store? I already have to hunt down the Sam store by their address (edit again: got SDA... it's now on my map, very close to the small warehouse store in Minami)

Going to the large Warehouse store tomorrow (they have sz33 1000xx apparently... the small store I went to in Minami didn't... plus I can't figure out the diff between their TEN different 1000xx models...)

Camera charger... pics of the Evisus I just got... more new clothes... easy to not buy shirts though. NOTHING fits me, anywhere. And I'm not a big person.

be sure to check out skull jeans too. mccoy's is nice also, it's downstairs on a corner somwhere if i recall correctly

there's multiple 45rpm stores, not sure which one you went to.. but there's one with a big washer in it and everything. really nice store and great people.

Ahh, downstairs... I never thought of downstairs. Indigofan has them right beside teh small Rby45rpm on the map... but right beside it was a building under construction. Hopefully that isn't it, cuz if it's moved, I'm lost again...

I went to the 45rpm with the big washer as well. The Suminandos are amazing... but I held off. Raw Jomons must be a USA thing? cuz they didn't have raw anything there. Though I could never get Jomons anyway.

So Samurai is in Hirano? As lazy as this is gonna sound, can someone make me a map that'll take me to the doorstep of their store? I'm trying to hit these places without too much wandering (I have limited time during the day)

raw jomon's are a us only thing yeah. they should have the jomons and the gray jomons too... they had the umii's there too you just have to ask for them (as well as the jomons). they can get all sorts of cool stuff if you just know what to ask for.

yeah mccoy's should be down the street from the smaller 45rpm store.

i never went to samuari. i didn't realize they had an actual store front.

oh yeah studio d'artisan is a nice small shop also. i thought i posted pics of the store somewhere here or on styleforum. it's down the street from the lee store, near a pretty decent vietnamese restaurant. around the corner from that upstairs is a good record store also.. if you're into funk/hip-hop.

raw jomon's are a us only thing yeah. they should have the jomons and the gray jomons too... they had the umii's there too you just have to ask for them (as well as the jomons). they can get all sorts of cool stuff if you just know what to ask for.

yeah mccoy's should be down the street from the smaller 45rpm store.

i never went to samuari. i didn't realize they had an actual store front.

oh yeah studio d'artisan is a nice small shop also. i thought i posted pics of the store somewhere here or on styleforum. it's down the street from the lee store, near a pretty decent vietnamese restaurant. around the corner from that upstairs is a good record store also.. if you're into funk/hip-hop.

i think they discontiuned the grey jomons. partytaco said they were fading pink.

I checked out the Denime, Full Count, SDA and IN: ED Store in Osaka, the place near shin sai bashi (next block over from supreme osaka)...

really impressed by these stores, staff were really helpful, and they had huge amounts of stock of course

umm.. first time poster here, rookie denim-head. Im in sales, exporting Japanese fabric.

This thread started Feb 2006, so whoever went to Osaka, is probably back home wearing the same genes he/she/it got in Osaka.

I work in Osaka, live in Kobe. Please let me know if I can be of help to anyone here?

i think they discontiuned the grey jomons. partytaco said they were fading pink.

Pink or not, they definitely still have the grey jomons in the big store. Aihiko, Jomon, grey Jomon, were all out on display.

Warehouse had a 'return at 3' sign when I went earlier... My cam is charged now and I'm going again, then SDA. Might stop at the small Warehouse store again as well to get some pics... the guys there were hilariously enthusiastic... basically "WTF? how did this white boy know about us?"

MCPEEPANTS (or others who know)... I'm staying at Hotel Hanshin, how the eff do I get to Samurai?

Pink or not, they definitely still have the grey jomons in the big store. Aihiko, Jomon, grey Jomon, were all out on display.

Warehouse had a 'return at 3' sign when I went earlier... My cam is charged now and I'm going again, then SDA. Might stop at the small Warehouse store again as well to get some pics... the guys there were hilariously enthusiastic... basically "WTF? how did this white boy know about us?"

MCPEEPANTS (or others who know)... I'm staying at Hotel Hanshin, how the eff do I get to Samurai?

warehouse has 40% off on all 1000, 1001. You better go son!!

Funny, I wasn't expecting business from this forum.

I'm currently exchanging emails with a designer in London. Not really happy his attitude but I'll leave that for another thread....

I can get raw denim. From what I learnt from my local sales agent that it will take at least 3-4 months for delivery after signing contract. This excludes time it might take to work out details such as weaving, color, width, weight, selvedge, quantity, etc...

It would easier and cheaper by buying ready stock of raw denim. What you see is what you get. Quantity varies with each quality but if you are looking for smaller quantity this would be a better option. Downside is, if you take your time making a decision, someone else might buy the denim. I can get anywhere from 148cm width to 76cm 13 oz selvedge denim, all made by reputable Japanese denim mills.

I will handle shipping to the port of your choice. I dont have experience exporting to the US so I'll have to speak to my shipping people about it.

I hope I covered everything about buying raw denim here. If you have any other questions please let me know.

warehouse has 40% off on all 1000, 1001. You better go son!!

I saw no such thing there at either store. But they didn't have a 33 in the 1000xx anyway! 34 would be great, but the longer rise looks funny on me. (I waffled and pissed about... then couldn't do it... but the 660's fit AMAZING, so my contest jeans will be amazing)

Weird though... the guy showed me the Warehouse 106, and told me it was the same fabric as 1000XX, same silhouette as DW 660. Sound like something else...? that may or may not have a horned chimp on the patch?

Warehouse...

IMGP0682.jpg

This dude was the best SA ever. I felt bad when I didn't buy anything (no 33's! damnit!)

IMGP0681.jpg

These boots... second from the right... were fucking amazing. 50 year old deadstock. and Fit me perfectly... except for an uncomfortable lump beneath my left big toe. I dodged a $450 bullet with that... cuz prior to pulling on the left one, it was game over.

IMGP0680.jpg

Where I spent my evening...

IMGP0684.jpg

And then...

IMGP0698.jpg

we couldn't resist. It was too absurd

Tomorrow I gotta hit Samurai and SDA... and pray my Visa holds up...

Oh yeah... New Evisus... Picked them out around 4, after agonizing over white or black from my own (picked black) and picked them up at 6... one hour per pair.

IMGP0700.jpg

Hysteric: yes they are handpainted. I even asked the guy if HE paints them. He kind of took a reverant tone (seriously!) and said "Oh no! Not me! My boss! He paint all jean here"