UNIQLO Selvage Denim S-000 [open thread]

onemancult

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the Regent St. store yesterday and they've pactically sold out so unless you're a weird size like a 40" waist you might be out of luck. They also told me they're not expecting further deliveries, but I didn't have much confidence in the sales assistant issuing this information so it's not gospel.

Thanks unlucky, I went in on the day you posted that and I snapped up the last pair of 32x34 jeans :)

Though they're black and I would have preferred Indigo, the black will do as an inbetween jean until I get a new pair of better jeans. But I got S-002s.

So no one has fit pics yet? How are they sizing wise?

I got my hands on a 1st run sample pair of the US's shipment of S-000 Premium Selvage, and they're fantastic.

Snapped a bunch of photos, but I didn't get the chance to try them on- if I can find

the time, I will.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll be unveiling some more information about the jeans... for

now, here's a look at something pretty:

4ulq1bm.jpg

there are full size runs, no worries there!

those look like a different cut than the sample i have...

speaking of which, while i appreciate all the input from HK, the focus of this thread is on the US release of UNIQLO's new selvage denim line. from now on, back off a little, please- especially with suggesting that people try to proxy them from hong kong,

when they're about to be released here in the states. much appreciated.

Uniqlo uses Kaihara. You can find better quality, but you will nowhere find similar denim for that price. Other brands that use same or similar Kaihara would never sell the pair under US$ 129 or $149. Impressive to me!

Kaihara has a lot of very good quality denim but I am pretty sure these are a special made denim just for Uniqlo. I'd bet these use much cheaper threads/cotton than standard kaihara fare and being that these are made in a lot of 100,000+ most likely, allows them to offer them at this price, that and being sewn in China.

Raijin-Fujin

as previously stated, the denim in UNIQLO's new line of selvage denim is made from

an untreated, heirloom cotton fibre known as 'mother cotton' which produces not only a

stronger fabric, but, also have a deeper absorption of indigo than other jeans.

the denim sourced from kaihara -was-, indeed, produced solely for UNIQLO- but it

actually happens to be better than many denim lines that cost three times the price

of a pair of UNIQLO jeans. replica denim houses who use similar fabric price

their jeans at $200+.

offering high-quality denim at an affordable price is not a matter of using cheap fabric, but a matter of UNIQLO's close relationship with Japanese denim mills and the volume of their fabric orders.

quacker

that's a matter of the exchange rate. the jeans will retail here in the US for an amount closer to the original Japanese price- also, be sure that you're not seeing a sale price on UNIQLO JP's website.

vistraNORREZ

unfortunately for you, the NJ UNIQLO's are closing down :(

4os9yxh.jpg

The width of the selvage on UNIQLO's new premium selvage denim is exactly 12mm,

which is narrow compared to some other selvage denim products. A narrower edge is

more difficult to produce, but provides an overall cleaner and more uniform look.

Raijin-Fujin

unfortunately for you, the NJ UNIQLO's are closing down :(

The one in Freehold has been shut down since April or May. I drove an hour to go up there only to spill ice cream on a white tee and discover the store had totally shut down. I have to head up for a pair of these when they hit ny. Ever since I saw this naoto-uniqlo.jpg I've wanted a pair. Does anyone know what cut those are and if they're coming? s002?

edmond

i have a sneaking suspicion that the model that there is somehow a difference between

the pair of jeans you have and the ones that are about to release here in the united states...

Roflcopterpwnsyou

you -do- know that the green-line selvage sold out back when the soho store

opened, and that this new range is red-line, right? :o

you -do- know that the green-line selvage sold out back when the soho store

opened, and that this new range is red-line, right? :o

Yeah! I had seen that picture on repeat to fade quite a while ago though, and since then I've really wanted something along those lines, I just really enjoy that picture :D