When to Hem

Serge

In my lifetime I've owned probably 9 pairs of jeans and I've never hemmed a single one. Most of them will eventually get ruined in the back and everything and now I'm not sure if the jeans I'm wearing deserve some hemming but I'm not sure what are the rules for hemming. Do I hem when it looks bunched up around the shoe? If it sticks out just an inch do I hem them?

burn them! sounds like you bought a bunch of factory defects. these are illegal to own and you should get rid of them immediately

sorry bro, i'm not a rich white skinny kid thats fits a perfect size 28x30. i'm just your average 18 year old working for 6.50 an hour whos just getting into denim. heck, i don't even have a girlfriend who can occasionally buy me jeans.

i'm just looking for some help because this is where you're supposed to ask questions right? go post in the supertrash if you wanna pull shit like that.

anyone whos got any real tips on when its okay to hem?

Maybe buy smaller denim so they don't drag.

i usually buy 32x30 because 32x28 shows off my socks. i'm just wondering if some people are always hemming their jeans and when its a good time to do it. Most of the time my jeans aren't dragging just sort of clumping up on its way down.

sorry bro, i'm not a rich white skinny kid thats fits a perfect size 28x30. i'm just your average 18 year old working for 6.50 an hour whos just getting into denim. heck, i don't even have a girlfriend who can occasionally buy me jeans.

i'm just looking for some help because this is where you're supposed to ask questions right? go post in the supertrash if you wanna pull shit like that.

anyone whos got any real tips on when its okay to hem?

shit holmes, you need to get a better job

I'm 16 and I'm pulling in $10 an hour sitting on my ass eating vegetables and listening to bmore at Safeway.

heck, i don't even have a girlfriend who can occasionally buy me jeans.

Wow, so they do exist... If you don't want the cuff to fray, then don't let them hit the ground - if you want a bit of stacking (however much is a personal preference), then don't let them hit the ground when you're wearing shoes and roll them up when you're around the house so they don't drag. Get a pair of jeans that have a narrow enough leg that they won't "eat" your shoes and just slide under the sole anyways. Hot soak them before hemming them to get the shrink out. That's about it...

Wow, so they do exist... If you don't want the cuff to fray, then don't let them hit the ground - if you want a bit of stacking (however much is a personal preference), then don't let them hit the ground when you're wearing shoes and roll them up when you're around the house so they don't drag. Get a pair of jeans that have a narrow enough leg that they won't "eat" your shoes and just slide under the soul anyways. Hot soak them before hemming them to get the shrink out. That's about it...

Wow thats exactly what I was looking for. I'm glad some people are actually willing to be helpful around here =D

+repp

Wow thats exactly what I was looking for. I'm glad some people are actually willing to be helpful around here =D

+repp

^^I was going to say what that other guy said. Hem if it touches the ground with shoes, a little stack is better than a huge stack or double cuff. cuff inside the house when you're not wearing shoes. Don't hem for at least 3 washes to get all the shrinkage out. This depends on how often you wash. Could be 3 months, could be years. Even sanforized denim shrinks a little. If your jean hem shrinks past your ankles, chuck em' cause they're ruined.

I'd say it's not so much about the actual lenght of the question (I know you were probably joking) but more about whether it actually contributes something to the forums, whether more people than just the OP can learn/gain something from it.

Somethings are general knowledge, others are found easily with a search (believe me use the google function and 9 out of 10 times it's the first or second result that pops up that I was looking for), if these are the case then why start another thread for it, it makes the OP look very lazy in a way, and is boring for other members.

Also some questions can just be considered so utterly stupid that one should not expect a serious answer anyway, be it in a new thread or in the small questions one.

I think some people don't think before they start a new thread, they just think they have a bright moment and post a new thread before they realize it.

Think twice, has this been talked about before? Do I just want the answer to a question, or can this start a discussion that could turn out interesting?

etc etc....

well not quite, you can turn down the intercom speaker in the back and bump to your own shit once supervision leaves

what is minimum wage anyways? 6.50 seems insanely low

depends on state. iowa is 6.50 other states are around the same. bigger cities seam to pay more for basic service industry jobs.

re: hemming. i have bootcuts that are really long and to keep them from dragging i wear my clunkier shoes. loosening up your laces can make a difference as well. my small bootcut denim(RRDG,bootcut ola, Crate james) doesnt drag unless i am wearing the most low profile shoe on the market. maybee you need to downsize.