yes or no? / this or that?

chris

I bought them in black for the office in my transition to some real #menswear approved footwear.

i regret it 50/50 as I like the shape TBH but they squeak re: shit leather. total failed purchase, but i dress like a slob at work anyways

. . . going to delete that post. do not recommend

lookin to cop some chinos/pants on sale, saw these barena ones on sale at RG, good buys? for the record both have leg openings of 7 and the inseam for the trousers is 32, 28 ish for the chinos. i'm like 5'9 so the cropping on the chinos wouldn't be that noticeable. probably more like no break and slight ankle show.

trouser=

BVM0232004NV441.jpg

chino=

BVM022001NV441.jpg

Just picked these up from the corner...

PH High Tops - $230 http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/high-top-sneaker_cod44383988io.html

DRKSHDW Jeans - $180 http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/denim-pants_cod42241478um.html

ACNE Key Ring - $50 http://www.thecorner.com/us/men/key-ring_cod46243802ex.html

Been after a pair of high tops for a while. I would have gone for the PH Side Zipper, but Ive never worn PH, so it's a blind buy regardless. These also came out to well over $100 cheaper than the side zipper. If these don't work out i'll probably just put the money into the KVA Icarus which I'm lusting after.

Also, Finally tried on the Dior Homme MIJ that everyone raves on about and its a beautiful pair of jeans that fits me perfectly. The price tag sucks. I'm hoping these Drkshdw's are similar, if not ill just wait a week or two and put that money towards a pair at the dior homme store, that way I can figure out what the cm's differences are all about as well.

Now that cardholders are the new black, i'm thinking about using the acne key ring as a card holder / earphone / key stash. I like the leather wraparound too for some reason.

what do you guys think?

PH are nice, and that model is pretty classic. I have the sidezips, which I love, but they are pretty high and bulky, and those are a nice mix of a slimmer hightop and a mid sneaker. The materials seem kinda cheapy at first, but wear in really nicely, and the shoes are damn comfortable. Not everybodys cup of tea, but I like them and will probably buy more.

PH are nice, and that model is pretty classic. I have the sidezips, which I love, but they are pretty high and bulky, and those are a nice mix of a slimmer hightop and a mid sneaker. The materials seem kinda cheapy at first, but wear in really nicely, and the shoes are damn comfortable. Not everybodys cup of tea, but I like them and will probably buy more.

thanks fycus, just the kind of feedback i needed on PH... they seem very underrated, yet highly respected. One of the things that I noticed is that they don't seem to be as easy to find as Lanvin, Balenciaga, MMM.

I like the zip, but I definitely noticed that the zipper and tongue goes a little higher than i'd probably be comfortable with. Also the velcro strap seems fatter/wider than on the non zip.

anything with hardy in the name is tainted.

Bad quality and design, really? I expected that people would be turned off by his name, which, is a shame, considering this hardy had a great run as a designer for DIOR, and creative director at both Hermes and Balenciaga.

I can't speak for either as I've actually never given his stuff a shot, but, i'm seeing it all over the place now. Not to jump on the bandwagon but these hightops look really sick on Asap Rocky in the new WAD.

I'll try them out when they come in and see if I can compare. Worst case scenario, i'll return them in exchange for the KVA Icarus which I really really want or a pair of Balenciaga Resille.

Edited by blexmx