yes or no? / this or that?

chris

I don t know where you live, but the are very common in Paris for a really long time now, probably the most common "luxury" sneakers

The quality is really bad, they looks kind of cheap and i think the design is bad, not any character at all :/

i'm in los angeles, and I don't really see these around here. I know barneys carries them, but even their flagship store only carries the dress shoes so i havent been able to really see them.

Give me a break you guys the pierre hardy styled sneakers has been around forever, to say its reaching for a lanvin vibe is pretty far fetched. The basic shape and ribbed leather collars have been around for years. If anything, elbaz and ossendrijver ripped off of PH hardcore. Sure the quality is okay, its just as good if not better than most luxury counterparts out there. I think a lot of it has to do with ph sticking to their own soles, instead of the same ones every brand does in marche italy. They wear a little faster, show more dirt, but are much spongier and comfy to wear for a whole day. The leather on his shoes also may seem or feel a bit cheap, but I have never had them scuff or get ruined as fast as my common projects, for example. They are made in portugal for the most part, which makes a damn good sneaker/shoe (our legacy, etc).

pierre hardy's work for balenciaga:

BalenciagaFal2010RTW-600.jpg

Edited by Fycus

funny you mention CP's, I bought the navy suede/leather tongue late last year thinking they would last me a long time.

While there's life still left in them, the suede looks like shit, the leather is flat and stiff and they stretched out to the point that my feet jiggle while wearing them. the insole is not as cushiony, rather flat and stiff and the back part managed to rip for some reason, which i usually see a lot in MMM Gats. I'm pretty careful with my shoes..even though they get worn basically daily.

That being said, I love the shape and subtleness of CPs, and am always asked about them.

White bucks with jeans??

Got these walkover bucks cheap here in the UK. Not worn them outside yet.

Keeper or taker-backer?

287otiv.jpg