yes or no? / this or that?

chris

New Standard for sure, petite standard is too low rise

I would say don't even size down too much, measured 1 inch down from your current waist.

It's like, let the things get baggy you know? you'll probably wash them once a month or something... they're just jeans

All this major sizing down shit is dumb IMO

True on 4 points. I would go w/ the NS, sized down 1.

True on 4 points. I would go w/ the NS, sized down 1.

I've been wearing a pair of NS sized down one as a pair of jeans I can wear to work for a while now. Just sized them by making sure I was able to button them up with ease while also tucking in a tee and OCBD.

Strangely enough they are the same tagged size as my first pair of NS from 6 years ago. And I thought I was skinnier then?

i actually like the first suit more, especially for a graduation, where that fit will generally be more complimented since it looks more modern. however, it also depends on your body type. for ex, if you're extremely tall with long legs, you might look spider-y. post a picture of yourself and i think it'll be easier to judge

I bought I suit from topman a while ago labeled 'slim'. I'm 5'11 and 130-something pounds and the jacket was still very slim (although I had bring the trousers in a bit).

Moral of the story is that 'skinny' will probably be disgracefully tiny. Plus the one-button combined with the shortness of the skinny jacket looks pretty gross in that picture.

i actually like the first suit more, especially for a graduation, where that fit will generally be more complimented since it looks more modern. however, it also depends on your body type. for ex, if you're extremely tall with long legs, you might look spider-y. post a picture of yourself and i think it'll be easier to judge

Pic added.

Btw any suggestion on tie colour?

Cheers

Moral of the story is that 'skinny' will probably be disgracefully tiny. Plus the one-button combined with the shortness of the skinny jacket looks pretty gross in that picture.

yeah I would go with the two button as well.

i dont know why i didnt bring this up prior, but i have some experience with topman. i have a pair of the slim slacks and they're pretty fitted. if you're familar with levis, i'd saythe slim fits seem to be in between the 511/514s, while the skinnys are probably around the 511/510s. from the look of your build, i'd say the slim might be a bit better, but obviously, make sure you get the right sizing since you don't want this slim fit to look like a regular suit. i think if anyone, you could pull off the skinny pants, though if you were leaning that way.

I am looking at skinny suits too!

Any thoughts on ASOS suits compared with the Topman?

Also I found some Opening Ceremony M1 in black at a good price but was wondering if there is anything similar/ better since everyone suddenly makes boots.. (prefer flat sole)

imgthingxw.jpg

I am looking at skinny suits too!

Also I found some Opening Ceremony M1 in black at a good price but was wondering if there is anything similar/ better since everyone suddenly makes boots.. (prefer flat sole)

imgthingxw.jpg

I don't like the paper-thin sole thing.

Also, topman is shit. I've bought two pairs of topman pants. I find that the cut is good on my body type but the quality of the construction and ESPECIALLY the dyes is pretty bad.

ASOS tend to have rather awkward fits and pretty rubbish quality. Go with Topman to be honest, although Manx has a point.

If you're going with topman, try and go with a fabric that has a more "natural" color to it and calls for minimal dying. Also, the lighter dyes will probably give you more longevity there. You can repair the innevitable seam splitting that seems to happen to me routinely around the knees with their stuff. Cheap threads i guess, too. I do really like the cut of a lot of their slim (not skinny) pants on me. The carrot is pretty alright there as long as you stay away from pleats. I love pleats but theirs are disproportionate to the leg taper, which you obviously can't alter from that point. Sorry, I'll stop.