Levis Collectibles? Give me everything you've got

Charlie Delta

I was in Cinch today and in the sales basement they had a couple of pieces from a line called "Levis Collectibles", I was pretty surprised as I've never heard anything about it at all, and a search on here resulted in nothing either.

Google gave me about 3 relevant links.

- Web shop TRIAD with a small text but no pictures and saying that the product is discontinued:

Rub a dub dub, three men in a tub; and who do you think they be? The butcher, the Baker and the candlestick maker (traditional English nursery rhyme).

These new Levi's jeans are a modern reinterpretation of the uniforms of tradesmen and professionals from years past. A nod to the everyday vintage artisan:

The Candlestick Maker. It's 'waxy' finish is inspired by the tools and the residue of the original craftsmen, and reproduced with loving attention to detail you expect from Levi's.

This product has been discontinued, take a look at our other products in the Denim category.

- An ebay auction: here

And some other weird links, somebody mentioning it on myspace etc.

It seems like they are limited pieces based around certain "characters" from the past.

They looked kind of nice, but a bit overdone in a way, they had a vest, some trousers and jeans and some jackets. All still fairly expensive.

So I'm curious now, anyone got any more info?

Anything?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in Cinch today and in the sales basement they had a couple of pieces from a line called "Levis Collectibles", I was pretty surprised as I've never heard anything about it at all, and a search on here resulted in nothing either.

Google gave me about 3 relevant links.

- Web shop TRIAD with a small text but no pictures and saying that the product is discontinued:

- An ebay auction: here

And some other weird links, somebody mentioning it on myspace etc.

It seems like they are limited pieces based around certain "characters" from the past.

They looked kind of nice, but a bit overdone in a way, they had a vest, some trousers and jeans and some jackets. All still fairly expensive.

So I'm curious now, anyone got any more info?

Anything?

Hmm... interesting. I actually saw the auction a couple of days ago, but find it funny because the neck label is sorta whack..

Levis Collectables were a small capsule collection based on the popular nursery ryhme.

Each outfit was designed with each occupation in mind and compromised of Jean and Shirt. The Candlestick maker had some interested leather patches on the shins.

The Butchers jeans (which incidently I own) were a straight fitting Selvedge denim with inspiration taken from Butchers knives, they have glossy film on the back which represents the fat wiped from the hands.

The Baker jeans were a bleached out, painted white finish with flour bags attached in a Comfort Fit. All jeans were quite interesting and were available through the usual outlets. All are now Deadstock!

The Butcher jeans are lovely though...my current favourite jeans!

• 3 weeks later...

candlestick maker:

1313866186_cb679f8601_o.jpg

1312982739_225cd2859a_o.jpg1309477686_1983ddc76c_o.jpg

i fell in love with these jeans despite my brain telling me not to

the jeans are distressed very well with dark lowlights in the whiskers and the indigo fading to an aqua tint; jeans are RHT, the double stitching is done with a single needle, the shoelace belt at the waist are riveted at the pocket and waistband; the lace at the knees are secured with rivets and a chain link; the leather chap at the lower leg is not on top of the denim, but rather supplants it; the top block is large and the legs taper down quite a lot; the leather patch is placed at the center of the back waistband; the inside of the waistband is lined with cotton duck; the pocket bags are cotton duck, too; apparently they retail around $700; my cousin (whose jeans they are) picked them up at a socal levis outlet for just over $100

my only complaint is that they are zip fly; incongruous

You guys should check out the latest season. The theme for Spring 2007 was "The Boat Rider, The Coach Rider, and The Rail Rider," garments which pay homage to the pioneers and those who distributed denim across the west when denim was new. They have a small sampling of it at the San Francisco flagship store. I just bought the Boatrider "Sailor Pants" in Khaki. They're marked down to about $49, though the retail was $420.

And as far as the first season of Collectibles (Butcher, Baker, and Candlestick Maker,) There were two jeans created for each concept, as well as one shirt in two colourways each. I happen to own three of the six jeans as well as the Butcher shirt.

The Levis Collectibles used to pop up from time to time on ebay...havent seen them lately tho....

I was curious to learn more myself and I came across this:

http://manolo.se/?p=955#more-955

I think pictures shown are prototypes...as the Candlestick Maker's have a leather coin patch...and from what I've seen, the (mass) produced ones didnt...

Thanks for that, anyone care to translate?

Not that much interesting info

They are critical of the over worked and detailed look of the clothes,especially the Baker, and say that the jeans isnt in fashion, since they arent that slim or clean looking.

They like the Candelmake pants the most, since they are slim and have "cool" leather details.

They like the shirts better than the jeans, since they have better details or something like that and have a more reasonable price, and think that the new season is more promising with the navy influences, since thats more fashionble..

Its a pretty shitty article.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, as promised, I took some pics today of my collection. I don't have time right now to post all of them, but there's more to come.

Harry The Butcher - Got Guts Finish:

DSCF2684.jpgDSCF2685.jpgDSCF2686.jpg

This one's from the A/W 2007 collection. Constructed from a last remaining bolt of antique selvage denim found stocked away. The fit of these jeans is patterned after a combination of vintage 501 blocks. The legs are constructed from many panels of denim and mimic muscle sinews. The finish is completed with blood spots, stepped-out hem, repaired cleaver hacks, and meat shrink-wrap behind the knees. There is a second hidden coin pocket inside the left front pocket, and an eyelet on the rear pocket to hang your cleaver from.

And here's the shirt I own, which also came in blue.

DSCF2688.jpg