other meats. what have you eaten?

mizanation

Shark - Both the meat and the fin. Shark's fin soup is definitely on my menu for "Last Meal Before I Die", ethical considerations aside.

Snake - Extremely heaty. You get a weird... hot... feeling after consuming it. Skin becomes kinda chewy after being boiled for awhile.

Boar - Like beef, but tougher and tastier.

Crocodile - Fantastic. Tougher version of chicken

Pigeon - More taste-intense version of duck

Bat - Kinda gross when you think about it, but similar to rabbit in consistency. Stringier though

Rabbit - Delicious.

And then you have all the other ones, beef, chicken, lamb, kangaroo, ostrich, elk etc. For some reason, I don't like eating pork though. Just not quite my thing, even though I'm not Muslim or anything.

Would love to try elephant or something. I absolutely refuse to touch bivalves though. I think the texture's kinda weird. Oysters, clams, cockles, mussels. Raw or cooked, I can never eat them. Ditto calamari.

nothing too exciting but last week in marrakech i have sheeps brains and you just saw the brains sitting there in rows, they chop them up mix with sheeps head meat and stew it and give it to you with bread and you eat with your hands, was quite nice if you like that sort ofthing but im more of chicken person ha, just it felt quite fatty and spongy all the locals were eating it and were pretty suprised when this white boy cam down and joined them

ELAINE: Guess what I ate.

GEORGE: An ostrich burger.

ELAINE: No. A $29,000 piece of cake. Peterman got it at The Duke Of Windsor auction. It was the most romantic thing I've ever eaten.

JERRY: How'd it taste?

ELAINE: A little stale.

JERRY: Yeah.

GEORGE (nudges Elaine with his elbow): So, uh are you sleeping with Peterman?

ELAINE (nudges George with her elbow): No. He doesn't know I ate it. In fact, he almost caught me. I have to sneak back in and even it out.

GEORGE: You know, they say ostrich has less fat, but you eat more of it.

^what is the reason behind most people not wanting 'roo meat? is it considered taboo/weird?

not so much weird, but I guess it isnt totally normal... the reason most people dont eat it is overpowering european and american influences i guess. It needs better publicity.

Most interesting meat I had was this Ostrich Carpaccio at this place called Coyote Rose in North Conway, New Hampshire. If anyone goes near there for skiiing then I would highly reccommend it. I've also had Boar, Buffalo, Rabbit, Venison all that good stuff there.

i want a brontosaurus burger or a t-rex steak.

i've tried

frog - the texture is like a mix of chicken and fish. really good but lots of little bones. as k for salt and pepper frog at chinese restaurants, omg.

squab - like duck but tastier, it was all i ate on vacation asking for seconds and thirds and shit

duck - kills chicken. imagine fried duck, whatttttt

alligator - tastes like chicken

dog - i thought it was beef stew. i took one bite, then they told me what it was and i almost threw up.

calamari - mad gud

baby octopus - mad gud

clams - good

oysters - better than clams, bigger portions and tastier

mussels

shark fin soup

lamb - taste kind of like beef

jellyfish - maddd gud with sesame oil, sesame and sauce

lobster - so damn good

crab - not really meaty

snail - suck them joints out

eel - mad gud