other meats. what have you eaten?

mizanation

a friend of mine once got tricked by his dad to go fishing with him. they went out on a boat until it was like totally secluded. this was in the south china sea by the by. so they get out far away until suddenly, his dad pops off this tarp and reveals a monkey in a cage. at this point, the father then proceeded to smack the monkey senseless before cutting off the cranium and spooning off the brain. my friend was puking all the way home.

i haven't had any wierd shit myself. cooked roo a few times. i'm not a big fan atm. its just too dry and lean. mebbe australia needs to feed its roos with VB or something. want to eat koala. them lazy bastards look way tastier. and platypus maybe.

the wierdest thing i've had isn't really all that wierd. its chicken sashimi. what's horrible about it is the fact that chickens are fucking dirty animals. poultry products contain a shitload of bad bacteria and its kinda mad to be eating raw chicken. its like putting salmonella in your mouth basically. one guy i know spends his life telling people that chickens are evil. that's his job advising corporations on food safety. when i ate it in japan at the time, i had no fucking idea. couple years later and it was bird flu and i was freaking out.

here's a uk program that's quite cool. i saw an episode where this chick cooked squirrel in the form of "peking duck" style parcels. the wild gourmets.

a friend of mine once got tricked by his dad to go fishing with him. they went out on a boat until it was like totally secluded. this was in the south china sea by the by. so they get out far away until suddenly, his dad pops off this tarp and reveals a monkey in a cage. at this point, the father then proceeded to smack the monkey senseless before cutting off the cranium and spooning off the brain. my friend was puking all the way home.

next lvl.

i actually saw this done in a very fucked up underground video. not fun to watch at all.

Being Chinese, I've eaten just about anything available or huntable, but other than the normal meats, I've had:

-Frogs

-Emu

-Ostrich

-Kangaroo

-Gator/Croc

-Deer

-Squirrel

-Rabbit

-Groundhog

-Dove/Pigeon and other small birds

-Weird seafood: geoduck, horseshoe crab, sea urchin, limpet, abalone, shark and sharkfin, conch, snails, sea cucumber, other stuff I can't even name

-Bison

-Mountain goat

-Snapping Turtle

baby fetus is real shit. its from like miscarriages or abortions but still doesn't make it any more acceptable. real sick bitches eat them for beauty. but its like i think 1 bitch in a billion actually put it in her mouth. hospitals will sell fetuses for research though.

in fact the chinese will eat anything as long as the back faces the sky and the chinese is gud in playin wif words which mean they eat everything.

in fact the monkey brain thing, the other way they do it, they just restrict the poor bugger in a cage, do the operation and spoon the shit whilst the monkey is screaming until the part of his brain which governs pain and/or speech is eaten.

we're pretty sick people the chinese.

baby fetus is real shit. its from like miscarriages or abortions but still doesn't make it any more acceptable. real sick bitches eat them for beauty. but its like i think 1 bitch in a billion actually put it in her mouth. hospitals will sell fetuses for research though.

there was some weird HK movie about a woman who gets fetuss from hospital or young girls who want abortion. then she makes dumplings out of them, and sells to middle-age woman who want to look young again. i think the moral of the story is "vanity is ugly". christopher doyle's cinematography was real gud.

• 2 years later...
silkworm pupa (cant get past the smell)

it took me over a year to get past the smell, i finally had this recently and i was surprised cause it tasted familiar but i cant place what it tasted like.

the friend that convinced me to try this is trying to get me to join him to try dog soup, and after all of his talking it up, im pretty sure its gonna happen.

there is still alot of stuff that i havent tried but am curious to try.

like a few months back when i was in vietnam i had the chance to try cobra, and i couldnt bring myself to pay the price that this place was charging, so i owe myself that one. i did try the boar though which i really liked, even though i dont think boar is that weird, it was crispy and good.

i still want to try horse, deer, and maybe bear.

i did have a discussion with a friend the other day that people are usually not eager to eat pretty animals just ugly ones, so who is gonna find out what tiger/lion , peacock or swan, and zebra taste like.

also im completely surprised that i havent tried ostrich yet, it just seems like something that i would have done by now.

deer is good, kinda tough like lamb but better tasting.

moose is more tender with more flavor, defo one of my favs.

had some rabbit and pigeon meet in egypt....tastes like chicken.

crocodile and turtle soup in colombia, dunno how legit it was. soup is soup.

escargot in spain, puked that shit out asap. but i hate rubbery foods (octopus, mushrooms, squid, etc)

i've basically eaten all limbs and organs of a chicken at one point before. chickens are nature's greatest gift to man.

same with a pig, except the head and toes, though we use the toes to cook soup.

geese tastes like duck more than chicken...but taiwan geese are diff than north america's.

zebu is asia's cow. tastes the same as north america's but meat is a little tougher

cow duck fish shrimp lobster crab eel shark

i think that's it.

i really wanna try other land grazers like horse.

my uncle says dog meat was his fav (illegal in taiwan now), so wanna try that, but i'd prob have to go corea for it.

monkey sounds interesting. mayb not the brain cuz brains in general don't sound very appetizing.

ate frog legs and alligator this summer, both were good. Alligator was way good. Ate dog in Mexico last year, kinda had an idea what it was when I bit into it (in a burrita/mini burrito), but it was super distinct when I chewed it. Really sinew-ey (if that's even a word) and had a heavy iron / metallic taste. Pretty fucking gross. Buffalo is amazing, rabbit if cooked right is great also.

Was raised eating raw beef (kibbeh nayeh), still one of my favorite foods although it's rare that I get it nowadays. Other than that..

lamb, sheep, horse, donkey, goat, bison

dog

squirrel, rabbit, deer

dove/duck/pheasant

emu sashimi in Tokyo once

frog, alligator, turtle

shark (steak and shark fin), blowfish

snails, silkworms, grasshoppers, scorpions, caterpillars, centipedes

a lot of different seafood (all kinds of fish, crab, lobster, fresh & saltwater eel, any kind of shell fish you can think of, tons of different kinds of shrimp including mantis shrimp)

I have probably eaten more types of meat but can't remember.. as far as other shit goes, I have eaten pretty much any organ of a horse, cow, donkey, chicken, or pig.. uhh, also ate whole rabbit heads, and entire duck heads as well, had to dissect the shit while eating.. some of the less enjoyable meals I've had.

Want to try bear.. and kangaroo.