other meats. what have you eaten?

mizanation

omc and i were talking about finer other meats.

he has eaten many types of meats that you won't find on the menu at your local applebee's.

omc, could you give us a rundown of flesh that you have tasted?

the manatee is a cute little animal that actually used to be hunted for meat. they are endangered now, but people say that the meat is a fine combination of tender pork and beef.

copied from the "Grossest Food You Ever Ate" thread:

once paid a visit to a rodizio that served the usual cuts of meat at around 9pm and, as the night progressed, brought out the good stuff.

in one sitting, over the course of a few hours, i managed to ingest a piece of every animal imaginable. some highlights included:

armadillo

snake

alligator

porcupine

dolphin

elk

lion

kangaroo.

there was definitely more, but those were the animals that stuck in my memory.

and yeah, that was actual dolphin, not like when you go to florida and they call mahi mahi dolphin to be cute.

i am eager to try manatee, as has already been stated, but as miz, sid, and a few others discussed on saturday, the top of my list is penguin meat.

if anyone can supply me with roast penguin, i'd be forever grateful.

The other nite I was thinking wouldnt it be great to stuff foie gras into a turducken?

I'll eat just about anything

snake

alligator

kangaroo

rabbit

whale

ostrich

buffalo

horse

deer

boar

I have a can of seal curry from the Yokohama Curry Museum, still havent eaten it yet.

We should do a SuFu endangered species dining meetup

i haven't had whale yet, but i have tried ostrich, buffalo, and horse, and venison + boar flesh are par for the course.

ostrich was just fucking good.

seal curry sounds like something i need to get down with at least once.

anyone remember the fake story run in that arizona paper about Chef Kaz?

that shit is priceless.

omc, here is the nutritional stats for penguin.

http://www.sugisorensen.com/penguin/nutri.html

penguin seems to taste pretty bad. here's a description from an old school explorer:

"As for penguin meat, Dr. Cook said 'If it's possible to imagine a piece of beef, odiferous cod fish and a canvas-backed duck roasted together in a pot, with blood and cod-liver oil for sauce, the illustration would be complete'."

obviously, this was before the invention of A1 sauce.

remember in "hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" they had engineered an animal that was intelligent and wanted to be eaten? like they went to the restaurant and talked to a bunch of these animals and they all tried to convince you to eat them. then, they'd cook it and serve it to you on a platter.

they were engineered and bred for taste, intelligence and the selfless desire to be eaten. it took care of that meat-eater's guilt.

shark is good, ive had shark steak a few times.

i'm a little disappointed to hear about penguin.. but i'm convinced they must have been fucking with some rotten meat or some really old penguin. i want some tender, braised, baby penguin. Happy Feet status.

i think the logic goes as follows:

an animal that is lazy and spend most of their time doing nothing is tastiest because the meat is soft and there's a lot of fat.

most animals that are lazy are also cute.

therefore, by pythagorus, the cutest animals are the tastiest.

Q.E.D.

for proof, consider the koala, penguin and manatee. cute, but tasty.

^^^ you animal you, i can never eat dog meat:(

i don't really remember since i was like 3 or 4, but i can assure you it taste better than beef curtain

try it. either in bosingtang, or roasted