my mother prematurely washed my APC New Standards!

humanbeforeall

I'm home for a few weeks this summer and staying with my parents. I've had these New Standards since about October of last year. When I first got them I wore them EVERY day for at least 3.5 - 4 months. Then I got a pair of Earnest Sewns and a pair of Cheap Mondays, but I still wore the APCs about half the days of the week up until it got too hot to wear jeans everyday (still wore them out some nights).

Now, they were looking great, never washed, kinda dirty but fitting perfectly.

I hadn't worn them in a few days and I used to let them sit on a chair when I wasn't wearing them. The other day I walked into my laundry room and there they were, hanging up soaking wet. I flipped out. I had told her numerous times to not touch them but she did because they were so dirty. she washed them inside out and hung em up. They look like pretty much normal jeans now. They're a little faded, fit tighter, not as stiff (obviously).

Is this a tragedy? Should I never speak to my mother again? Or was it time to wash them anyway?

Dude is new to the site and new to our methods and shit, give him a break. Granted this didnt deserve a new thread but whatever.

Anyway dude your jeans are fine, a little wash wont hurt anything - just keep wearing them and you will get them how you want them to look. Shit happens.

i promise you he's read our site before, he just didn't feel like looking in one of those long ass threads.

OP'S DAD EJACULATED PREMATURELY...AND THUS SET OFF A NEVERENDING CHAIN OF PREMATURE OCCURENCES.

Pffft. Washing doesn't really do a thing. I mean, if you're one of those purists then be pissed off and buy new ones.

But me and my jeans just go with the flow, If I get caught in the rain and they get soaked, or be accidentally soaked for some reason then fine. I mean, that's the point. They're jeans...

When my new cures got accidentally soaked by someone (thought it was laundry) and I was on time just before it was thrown in the washer, I was worried for a while but just let it go. Let em dry and I am so happy how they turned up. They still do look 'authentic' so don't worrry and just wear em more. Cheers

well masurate made this same thread...he did not get flamed.

this is not the right thread for making the point you're trying to get across...

just because a stupid thread has been made once doesn't mean it's ok to make more like it.