Headphones? Headphones? Headphones?

Guest freedomfighter

Who here remembers those limited edition Japan-only release ATs that were like a silvery, mirrored finish? I can't remember the model number. :[

Also, who here has had experience with Shure e500/e530s? Besides still, who crushed them under his boots.. The wires in mine are crapping out or something, I have to wiggle them to get full signal on either channel. I know Shure has great customer service but I'm wondering what caused it to begin with. I'm thinking it might be the way I wrap my headphones up..

The es7?

IMAGE001.jpg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be, ES7s aren't limited and aren't Japan only.

Managed to get some from Japan for half of Brit retail when I was in Tokyo.

Good times.

hmm. maybe i was wrong about the limited japan only thing, because the es7 look like what I was talking about. sorry for the confusion. :(

Who here remembers those limited edition Japan-only release ATs that were like a silvery, mirrored finish? I can't remember the model number. :[

Also, who here has had experience with Shure e500/e530s? Besides still, who crushed them under his boots.. The wires in mine are crapping out or something, I have to wiggle them to get full signal on either channel. I know Shure has great customer service but I'm wondering what caused it to begin with. I'm thinking it might be the way I wrap my headphones up..

never wrap headphones tightly round your mp3 player

Wfzt4jSOV7k

hmm. maybe i was wrong about the limited japan only thing, because the es7 look like what I was talking about. sorry for the confusion. :(

http://www.audiotechnica-headphones.com.au/products/a1000.html

or the newer one

http://www.audiocubes.com/category/Headphones_Audiophile,+Hifi/product/Audio-Technica_ATH-A2000X_Art_Headphones.html

first one mad expensive when its basically just an a900 with a silver paintjob

never wrap headphones tightly round your mp3 player

Wfzt4jSOV7k

I didn't, this is how I do it:

rock_hand2.jpg

I make this stupid gesture and hold the buds together against my palm using my middle and fing fingers. Then I wrap the cord in a figure 8 fashion using my pinky and index fingers as poles to wrap around.. Then I toss them wrapped that way into a pouch. :confused:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest umhaha84
I was sent a pair of atomic floyd's airjax and they've been great. I think they've just launched or will launch to the public now.

airjax.jpg

looks great,

i'm looking to replace my B&O a8, that looks like a great replacement

^ btw anyone has experience with Beats by Dr.Dre headphones?

I've had my Altec Lansing inMotion iM616's for a few weeks. They were noticeably quieter than my super.fi 3. With the super.fi's I'd usually play music w/the volume on 10 (my mp3 player goes to 40) while on the subway and 5 for home listening. With the iM616 I'd use 11-14 subway, 7 at home. Now I'm using the super.fi numbers so I guess there's a break in period.

They're far more comfortable, go in easier, and don't protrude from my ears like super.fi's. The flange and foam tips fit and seal better than all my super.fi tips.

Sound wise they're crisp but like the er6 that Etymotic based the im616 on, they lack bass. I'm not a bass fanatic but its noticeably weak. I listen to a lot of 70's and 80's funk so weak bass is glaringly obvious. the super.fi 3 was slightly better in this area.

For $40 I'm happy. My only negatives are:

-weak bass

-non replaceable cable (if I could put the Westone cable I got for my super.fi on these they'd be near perfect. Westone cables are mandatory for super.fi users)

I'm gonna try some pink noise burn-in and see if the sound improves.

im sure most of these were mentioned:

Audio Technica

Beyerdynamic

Ultrasone

Grado

AKG

Sennheiser

Etymotic Research

pricey shit but almost anything by these companies will blow you away compared to your typical sony or apple crap earphones/headphones. itd be even 10 times better if you can get a hold of a mini headphone amp