Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

i dont know shit about cameras, but as far as experience photgraphing weed, i personally like having a little less light, so that the trichomes (especially when clear) can stand out from the hairs. for example, that in the pic of bud posted ^above, you cant really tell if those white hairs are actual trichome formations or just white hairs. dont get me wrong though, still looks good.

also, i love pics of buds that have been peeled opened, a real look at the thc that hasnt been weathered (if the buds are tight enough anyway)

oh they're trichomes. i think just the density of it all and the fact that i can't get any closer make it all run together in spots.

i took this the other day with my friends point and shoot with macro mode.

levi.jpg

heres that peaches and cream i was talking about... i take my original review of it back; it probably is an og type, but the sour taste is so light and its intensely hashy, different from super pungent og i always look for. on that topic of one weed to smoke for the rest of all time, for me it would definitely have to be og, as that taste to me is the golden standard when it comes to rating taste

*also on the last pic, that wet shine is what im talking about on those opened buds, probably easiest to see in the sunlight

pnc og:

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4201.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

very nice. kush and indicas in general are the better tasting, i just prefer the sativa effects.

green crack isn't that great taste-wise. this guy that grows it just knows what he's doing and must have a really nice pheno.

took a pic just now, also, with my buddies camera in lower light.

crack-1.jpg

i can't wait until people stop posting names unless they come with parentage/ genetics/where you got it (within reason). Most of you guys are educated but it is a dream of mine. "

yes this is the pre 91 chemdog, clone from (insert grower or co-op). grown in coco with GH nutes. 73 Days under hps, with supplemental UV. Flushed for 3 weeks with water and blackstrap. cured for one month. etc etc.

so many people call pot stuff its not. i meet people all the time who's ideas of certain strains are waaay off. am i making sense? not attempting to call anyone out just saying it would be nice.

peaches looks real nice. def looks like indica bud structure.

Guest jbone45
green crack isn't that great taste-wise.[/img]

I don't think you realize that a strain can be grown properly and have a good taste, or it can be grown improperly and have a bad taste. Usually, if something has a bad taste it can be associated with not being flushed properly. Just because someone throws a fancy strain name on their bud (like Green Crack) that will not always guarantee that it's going to taste good/bad. Don't be so naive, young man.

haha... "seeing stuff in frames"... i remember a long time ago i got a homie blazed for his first time, and he kept turning his head to the left and right and saying "Omg, the delay!"

regarding picture-taking, i agree with domdom, it helps to lower the lighting or underexpose it a little so that the crystals are more defined. when the light is too strong, the details get blown out, but if you lower the light or underexpose there is better definition. i just use a point&shoot camera set on macro mode, shot hand held. i also love opened bud pics that show the shiny deposits of crystals

I don't think you realize that a strain can be grown properly and have a good taste, or it can be grown improperly and have a bad taste. Usually, if something has a bad taste it can be associated with not being flushed properly. Just because someone throws a fancy strain name on their bud (like Green Crack) that will not always guarantee that it's going to taste good/bad. Don't be so naive, young man.

lol. naive... i'm talking in relation to other top strains, it's nothing spectacular, but somehow that translated to 'bad' in your mind. i've had a card for years. i don't go to shady clubs. i've shopped around and i know what's what. i've had green crack from multiple growers and the one i go to now only get it from one guy because he does it better than anyone else in the area and i'd have to agree. but i get it for the potency more than the taste.

don't jump to conclusions, young man. :rolleyes:

i can't wait until people stop posting names unless they come with parentage/ genetics/where you got it (within reason). Most of you guys are educated but it is a dream of mine. "

yes this is the pre 91 chemdog, clone from (insert grower or co-op). grown in coco with GH nutes. 73 Days under hps, with supplemental UV. Flushed for 3 weeks with water and blackstrap. cured for one month. etc etc.

so many people call pot stuff its not. i meet people all the time who's ideas of certain strains are waaay off. am i making sense? not attempting to call anyone out just saying it would be nice.

peaches looks real nice. def looks like indica bud structure.

nahh man....you make perfect sense.

I hate when people come around me talking about what strain they have because its what their dealer told them.

Most cats sellin lie to make it sound better than what it is.

So unless I know the grower I dont worry about what the name is.

whoa son sounds like you nearly fainted. i've definitely passed out after blazing and i remember my ears ringing to the point where i thought i was going deaf right before i blacked out and smashed my own bong.

No hate but I can't disagree more. It's clearly personal preference but nothing makes my mouth water like a sweet tasty sativa. Jack Here and Sno Cap pretty much capture that flavor perfectly

yea it's all preference. i think maybe because i rarely get indica dominant stuff, it makes a more lasting impression because it's different than what i'm used to. i practically smoked jack herer exclusively for like two years. sampled different strains as they came in but always went back to jack.

about the whole name dropping thing. i can agree if you get it off the street. i'd never trust what a dealer told me it was unless i did some research. they're trying to do marketing just like any other business. gotta mention they have all those PURPLZ. there are some shady clubs in LA too, but the ones i frequent up here are pretty well run and respectable. i get the same strains from different clubs to compare. the guys that work the counter at the one i go to now are actually growers for the co-op themselves so they're pretty knowledgeable.

I can't wait to move (hopefully to Denver) somewhere I can get a card and go to the dispensaries and actually have options on which buds I pick up.

I'm so sick of "having" to smoke whatever crap my dude has at the moment that I've pretty much stopped smoking except for vacations where I can chill with friends that can get good stuff. Oh well, makes it that much better whenever I do smoke now!

edit:

thats kind of like sailing around the world w/ no map. there is a lot to learn. Was wondering if there is a book or page that is known for its correct and straight forward info.

I wasn't trying to be a dick but there's just crazy amounts of information out there and you weren't very specific...

check out: http://www.scribd.com/word/full/2522847?access_key=key-2i0rykcbnjwvk4u4rcna and http://www.rollitup.org/view.php?pg=faq

I can't wait to move (hopefully to Denver) somewhere I can get a card and go to the dispensaries and actually have options on which buds I pick up.

I'm so sick of "having" to smoke whatever crap my dude has at the moment that I've pretty much stopped smoking except for vacations where I can chill with friends that can get good stuff. Oh well, makes it that much better whenever I do smoke now!

yea having a choice is great. it'll turn you into a weed connoisseur real fast.

I had that same ear ringing thing when I first started smoking. I'd never gotten super high before and my friend dropped some hash in the bowl and I couldn't even keep my head up. Damn I miss those days.

Also changing the subject, how long do you guys go for tolerance breaks? I'm taking a week or so off because ever since I got my vaporizer I feel like I've hit a plateau, plus I have midterms and stuff.

i saw a girl do this at a party once. couldn't believe it.

QUESTION: i'm on vyvanse right now studying for midterms. if i blaze a little bit, is it gonna kill my whole study buzz or will the vyvanse kick back in after i smoke?

it makes you very productive but happy at the same time. just don't smoke mid grade.

friend of a friend hookup while on vacation invites us in, smokes me a bowl of afgan special and green crack (which like Rob060 said doesn't taste too great but is a great sativa high)

photo-124.jpg

decided to change it up and picked up the afgan

here's some "stats":

Plant height:

Short Plant

Stoned or high?:

Stoned INDICA

THC level:

High THC

Flowering Weeks:

7/8

Yield: