Ma·ri·jua·na

axtsang

Deep conversations and being creative while high is one thing

But to trying to figure out marketable securities from profitability ratios is another..

I met this kid in the first year of uni who was just a massive pothead. Always stunk like dew in the morning and did awful in all the easy classes - management HRM, accounting, but fucking rocked all the differential/integral calculus, intermediate finance stats courses. He would sniff coke/smoke weed and stay up all night studying and kill his finals, shit was unbelievable. His legal government name was Mike Love hahaha

Famous, can you post some pic's of the lavender? I want to see what that shit looks like

weed is good for you, not bad. just don't smoke too much in a sitting. try not smoking until you are "high". pay close attention to the way your body feels as you take those first hits. this all depends on the type of weed, of course.

eating weed raw is pretty heinous for your digestive system so if you've got any problems especially - i would recommend against that.

my dispensary is doing edibles using just keef to make the butter. i'll never be able to eat a trim-edible again.

Deep conversations and being creative while high is one thing

But to trying to figure out marketable securities from profitability ratios is another..

I met this kid in the first year of uni who was just a massive pothead. Always stunk like dew in the morning and did awful in all the easy classes - management HRM, accounting, but fucking rocked all the differential/integral calculus, intermediate finance stats courses. He would sniff coke/smoke weed and stay up all night studying and kill his finals, shit was unbelievable. His legal government name was Mike Love hahaha

Famous, can you post some pic's of the lavender? I want to see what that shit looks like

I smoke before# and during work if possible.

And I'm a financial advisor haha. I'm good at what I do and I don't have any problem doing my shit...

I think everybody has a different way to react and way to act when high, I guess some people are able to work and do things casually while some other can't

And I'm a financial advisor haha. I'm good at what I do and I don't have any problem doing my shit...

I think everybody has a different way to react and way to act when high, I guess some people are able to work and do things casually while some other can't

so you blaze and then tell people what to do with their money?

Wow. haha

Uh I'm at work.

started earlier.

wish I could just be home blazing and reading this thread instead bleeeeh

think I'll go home for lunch so the evening goes by faster

girl you just gonna leave me out in the cold like that?

Guest jeffvyain

i was able to for a very long time...through college and after for a year or so...while i was in sales, i was actually better at my job when i was stoned because i was much more personable. i've always had issues with communication. i have a horrible memory and often have trouble remembering the exact word i'm looking for and whatnot. smoking has become more of a financial burden than anything lately, and more than anything, it's been just making me tired. it probably has more to do with lifestyle than smoking. i need to start working out again and getting my energy up. til then, i'm going to save some money by not buying bud.

if anyone brings it around me, though, i'll gladly mooch

i'd buy that kush though. kush here is weak (not kush)

i was able to for a very long time...through college and after for a year or so...while i was in sales, i was actually better at my job when i was stoned because i was much more personable. i've always had issues with communication. i have a horrible memory and often have trouble remembering the exact word i'm looking for and whatnot. smoking has become more of a financial burden than anything lately, and more than anything, it's been just making me tired. it probably has more to do with lifestyle than smoking. i need to start working out again and getting my energy up. til then, i'm going to save some money by not buying bud.

if anyone brings it around me, though, i'll gladly mooch

it totally sounds like you are smoking too much in one sitting. try cleaning yourself out for a couple weeks and then smoke really much smaller amounts at a time from a heavy glass pipe. i'm talking like .1 g. i used to smoke joints and i felt like you do, now i mostly smoke from the pipe and it's great. very functional. a steady supply of weed that is more on the sativa-side also helps. smoking afghani-derived shit all day will def bog you down.

Guest jeffvyain

The more I read this thread, the more I'm surprised by how many people on this forum smoke. Is our generation going to be smoke-friendly and productive? We have our fair share of dipshits on this board, but for the most part, it seems like many to most people are of well above average intelligence and in the upper middle to upper class financially, especially considering age.

I worry about posting stuff on here sometimes. I need to change my username. But then I'm like....ehhh fuck it, if people are going to judge me I don't want to work for them. But that's not exactly smart either. I can always go into business for myself and it wouldn't make the least bit of difference, but I've also dreamt of getting into strategic consulting post-masters. This shit needs to just be legal, and it will one day, but until then, I feel like I've always gotta look over my shoulder.

I lost my train of thought again.

The more I read this thread, the more I'm surprised by how many people on this forum smoke. Is our generation going to be smoke-friendly and productive? We have our fair share of dipshits on this board, but for the most part, it seems like many to most people are of well above average intelligence and in the upper middle to upper class financially, especially considering age.

I worry about posting stuff on here sometimes. I need to change my username. But then I'm like....ehhh fuck it, if people are going to judge me I don't want to work for them. But that's not exactly smart either. I can always go into business for myself and it wouldn't make the least bit of difference, but I've also dreamt of getting into strategic consulting post-masters. This shit needs to just be legal, and it will one day, but until then, I feel like I've always gotta look over my shoulder.

I lost my train of thought again.

i understand what you mean and get where youre going with this. MArijuana is a "drug" that most people can still function with. Most marijuana users have acclimated themselves to the high and know the limitations of what they can and cant do. With that being said, using discretion when needed, it isnt hard for a user to control the dosage.

I personally know a good amount (5-6?) of successful stoners in my immediate family who all smoke regularly. True, weed can take the motivation out of a person, but to me marijuana seems to be an amplifier. It amplifies every aspect of your daily life, whether its good or bad: music, food, visuals, interactions(?), laziness. My theory on pots de-motivational characteristics is that it just amplifies and encourages a persons laziness, just like it amplifies the aforementioned effects.

AS for worrying about marijuana as a "drug" like you allude to, i wouldnt worry about. Just like you mentioned, look at the acceptance of this so called drug. Educated, middle-upper class people do it, as well as many other walks of life. Marijuana has transcended the title "drug" and its benefits have become socially accepted in all corners of the world. AS it stands, there are 10 states in the US that have decriminalized pot, which is basically the first step on removing the prohibition.

Guest jeffvyain

maybe it just feels different for me because i come from a conservative background. sounds like this is not the case for you. thanks for picking up where i left off. i got lazy again; i'm blaming it on the sickness.

i never questioned this stuff in seattle. here in indy it's a different story. this place sucks.

maybe it just feels different for me because i come from a conservative background. sounds like this is not the case for you. thanks for picking up where i left off. i got lazy again; i'm blaming it on the sickness.

i never questioned this stuff in seattle. here in indy it's a different story. this place sucks.

ya man, its all about your individual perception. My family is persian, so there is a good amount of conservatism there, but they are educated and do understand what marijuana is.

I think marijuana still has this myth, mostly from people who dont use, that it is this substance and it is a gateway. My girlfriend used to be really anti-weed and would always complain about my usage. One day i had about enough of it and called her out. I challenged her to get high and to see if all her preconceived notions of it were the same after the smoke. She now lets me smoke in peace:D

I think once the misconception is corrected, even more attitudes will sway. Why do you think its so accepted now? Its to the point where one of the top shows on tv is called Weeds. Its because people are realizing that it isnt bad, they are realizing that there truly are medicinal benefits.

Why is weed still illegal? The ever-knowledgeable Jack Schaar once told me "if you wanna understand why things are the way they are, look at its opposition." In this case: big tobacco, paper and cotton. All three are multi billion dollar industries that would have too much to lose by the legalization of MJ

^Zubin i couldnt agree more with everything youve just said three posts up. ive expressed the exact same stance as that middle paragraph to many a friend. id +rep if i could

one time i was crumbling up an eighth with my fingers, noticed how sticky they were, and thought "hey why waste all this trichs?"

i always do this. no reason to waste nor be a mess.. especially in states like mine where the pigs will rape you for just having papers on your person..

i took a final high and i passed with a B, even tho i started laughing about the word "doodlebug" in the test, out loud, for like 5min straight.

i took my AP english composition exam for college credit stoned, and for good reason. got a 4.. out of 5.

yo, FUCK that "image" bullshit. what god damn image? i never missed a day of my prestigious, private preparatory high school, not even when sick (which was at most once a year, so much for that 'hampering ones immune system' argument), graduated with a 4.0 gpa from honors and advanced placement courses, got a job at 16, worked til i quit at 18, all the while smoking weed. heavily.

so what god damn image do i embody exactly?

people that care about that disgust me. this girl, who i no longer associate with, would smoke with my friends and i on occasion. one day i asked her about it in class as she was sitting next to one of her girlfriends. she went ape shit and wouldnt speak to me nor tell me what i said. later she confessed it was because she doesnt want her friends knowing.

i didnt know how to feel. i was so confused, with emotions ranging from anger to feeling down right crushed. with smoking weed being the huge part of my life and character that it is, i take things like that situation^ very personally. it felt like she basically told me shes embarrassed by me and my being her friend. we no longer speak.

that "image" talk is just another form of prejudice. fuck. that.

*end rant.

I agree completely dino...

I graduated from high school (public, but that's all we had) taking all the honors classes I could, while playing sports and pulling off a pretty decent GPA. I then put myself through college working two jobs to pay my rent and tuition, studying Finance, and just recently graduating last with with my bachelors. ALL while smoking more than my share of weed. People hate all the time but honestly, most of them could never tell if I was even high or not unless I told them, so what's the problem?! I take care of myself, work my ass off, pay all my bills and debts on time, and feel I'm overall a decent continuting member of society. Me smoking weed never hurt anyone so who are they to judge.

The part that really gets me gets me is when alcoholic fucks hate on me smoking weed when they drink themselves retarded on a nightly basis and think they Rent doing any harm because it's legal. Driving drunk and alcohol in general has a much more negative effect on ones life than mary jane in my opinion.

I have no problem telling people straight up that I smoke weed, am proud of it, and feel strongly that it should be legalized. If they thnk any less of me because I'm honest and tell them that instead of sneaking around it then that's their loss. I'm probably better off without them as my friend anyways.

When my best friend and main smoking partner began smoking more regularly, once he was high he would always go on the same rant along the lines of "Dude that lady knows we are high, we are such losers and all these people think we are losers because we smoke weed. Damn we are such losers." Now this is one of the best friends I have but he must have said this 50 times and it made me sooo mad that another friend had to stop me from literally socking him in the face. I have actually used that same type of argument that Dino used in many arguments. I am a very responsible teenager who has never been in trouble and has always had solid grades yet I smoke marijuana so because that I am a hoodlum and a bad person?? No.

Because I am still in high school and still live with my father I almost always smoke in public like a parking lot, park, etc. and I have never been confronted by a person unless being asked for a cigarette, a hit, or the time.

Most people honestly do not care what you are doing, as long as you do not interact with them, at least around here.

Smoking weed is something I thoroughly enjoy and I don't feel like I should hide it.

The part that really gets me gets me is when alcoholic fucks hate on me smoking weed when they drink themselves retarded on a nightly basis and think they Rent doing any harm because it's legal. Driving drunk and alcohol in general has a much more negative effect on ones life than mary jane in my opinion.

I have no problem telling people straight up that I smoke weed, am proud of it, and feel strongly that it should be legalized. If they thnk any less of me because honest and tell them that instead of sneaking around it then that's their loss. I'm proba my better off without them as my friend anyways.

exactly. how many wives are beaten because their husbands got faded? how many people are killed in/by cars because the driver had a j? how many teens wind up in the ER getting their stomachs pumped because they got stoned?

i read a dictum somewhere once that summed this point up pretty well, "Decriminalize all victimless crimes"

this being said, on another note i saw thuglife say something about never getting in trouble. pigs and people around my parts dont sound as "green friendly" as his hood.. ill be honest, i have a police record and fingerprints on file now. only after being arrested for smoking a harmless plant... the cops were young too. one even had the gaul to ask "this is some damn good crip isnt it?"

Lunch time.

high time

good times.

So many people smoke weed nowadays. The way I see it is, as much as some people used to drink their beer when they'd come back from work, well, some people prefer smoking their blunt, and I'm totally ok with that.

My two brothers smoke, my dad used to and still do it from time to time. A lot of people smoke, and used to smoke, its just that we start being more open in society towards weed than we used to. I always smoke with my gf in the city and people don't say anything. Except once, two construction workers were sitting in their truck, the door open, eating and staring at us. One of them yell:

"It stinks"

and I'm like "yeah, shut your door." and the guy next to him is like "Don't listen to him girls". And not long after that they asked us for weed...

exactly... the media really pisses me off when they show people getting high and plowing over little girls on bikes, sitting in the same spot till they are old men, or whatever... just cuz they got high. Anti drinking commercials are almost rare but if you look through your local police stations "arrests in the last 5 days" report, what percentage of people were arrested for alcohol related incidents?! I'd be willing to bet my paycheck that it's over 50% of all arrests on a consistent basis.

sure, I like going out drinking now and then but shit... it makes me far less productive and worthwhile than smoking a couple bowls.

LEGALIZE LEGALIZE LEGALIZE

I remember reading a police officers forum where these actual police officers discussed the legalization of marijuana. I think the link might have been posted here lol

But almost every single officer said that they do not understand why alcohol is legal and marijuana is not. They said that any given day, most of their calls are alcohol related, and they would prefer to deal with someone who is high rather than someone who is drunk.

I recently went to a museum in LA that was dedicated to making a mockery of the Psychiatry and the whole ordeal dealing with Antidepressants and those type of medications. Did you know that 9 out of 13 of the most recent high school shootings, the people were either on antidepressents or had abruptly stopped taking them? There is a direct connection with this type of medication and suicide or violence. While in the exhibit I just thought that if marijuana was used to treat these people, violence would not occur. With marijuana I feel happier and I doubt it is just me. Also, marijuana makes someone passive. Passive people are much less violent. Weed is a gift from Mother Nature and she is the best doctor we have. What these scientists do is say "oh lets combine this chemical with this chemical and see what happens" We dont know anything about the person that made it or whats in it. Some old guy just says take it so we do. People need to listen to themselves and not others.

this has been a thoroughly refreshing conversation. this seems like the perfect time for this..

cover.jpg

^click on it. its a childrens book about weed, and its awesome. you can buy the hardcopy if youd like or read it right off the site. theres much more to be seen in the hardcopy though of course..

I'm leaving now to go see Pineapple Express.

Fuck yeah.

damn, trev turned this page into his livejournal.

BLEW UP UR SPOT KIDDDDD

toto - if canada goes fully legal i will throw away all the bad words i've ever said about your country and its inhabitants. it wouldn't matter to me that your army is the size of my thumbnail, or that you have associated once or twice with the French. ahhhhhh. let's be friends